Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > your favorite mantra is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sum1reel
Msg: 1
your favorite mantra is?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
what line of scripture do you lean on or gain strenght from during 'difficult' times?.....my own happens to be in Matthew 21;21 (NT).
 Philosophers Stone
Msg: 2
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 10/20/2005 12:49:05 AM

Ivanova is always right! I will listen to Ivanova! I will not ignore Ivanova’s recommendations! Ivanova is God! And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

If you get the reference, kudos.
 EdwardVII
Msg: 3
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 10/20/2005 7:56:48 AM
Probably my favourite lines of scripture are from St. Paul, viz., "Grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." (a variation on the original). Although I'm not a Christian, nothing prevents me from agreeing with some of the data contained in their creed.

Ed..
 GentleHand
Msg: 4
view profile
History
your favorite mantra is? tantric MANTHRAS
Posted: 10/20/2005 9:46:06 PM
the manthras of the slokas are beeja or seed manthras which can and which do awaken and stimulate the energies within the body, as well as the energies in the environment. The chanting of each verse is chorused by a combination of three beeja manthras: aim, hreem, kleem. Aim is the beeja manthra of Saraswati, hreem is the beeja manthra of Lakshmi and kleem is the beeja manthra of Durga or Kali. Each verse is chanted in combination with the beeja manthras. Durgasaptashati is a very important book of the Tantras. Every year, twice during the period of Navaratri, the nine days dedicated to the worship of the Cosmic Mother, people throughout India chant from that book.

SO, mine would be hreem, aim, kleem..
and centre chakra's,
and have a nine day orgasm. (i wish)

Tantric Manthra's r worth studying, makes me wanna move to India i sware.
 RDtoo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 11:06:32 PM
Um, Ed, that (ahem) scripture you quoted is not St. Paul, I think it is from Alcoholics Anonymous and is called the serenity prayer.
 jlarikker
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 11:21:40 PM

the manthras of the slokas are beeja or seed manthras which can and which do awaken and stimulate the energies within the body, as well as the energies in the environment. The chanting of each verse is chorused by a combination of three beeja manthras: aim, hreem, kleem. Aim is the beeja manthra of Saraswati, hreem is the beeja manthra of Lakshmi and kleem is the beeja manthra of Durga or Kali. Each verse is chanted in combination with the beeja manthras. Durgasaptashati is a very important book of the Tantras. Every year, twice during the period of Navaratri, the nine days dedicated to the worship of the Cosmic Mother, people throughout India chant from that book.

SO, mine would be hreem, aim, kleem..
and centre chakra's,
and have a nine day orgasm. (i wish)

Tantric Manthra's r worth studying, makes me wanna move to India i sware

AHA interesting!!
 EdwardVII
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/21/2005 7:45:59 AM
RDtoo, I'm afraid you are mistaken in that. At least I'll put it this way, AA was developed in the 1930's, and that prayer has been around for at least 2000 years. I'll research this furtherand get back to you.

Ed..
 Philosophers Stone
Msg: 8
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 10/21/2005 9:37:10 PM
to NORBZ1

Kudos to you good sir.
 jlarikker
Msg: 9
view profile
History
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 11/3/2005 11:50:41 PM
OM Aim Hring Klim Shreem my friend

my favorite mantra is

"Purnamadam purnamidam

purnaat purnamudachaye

purnasya purnamadaya

purnamevavashishyate"

The invocation of the Isa Upanishad.

Means that is complete (or perfect) this is also complete
completeness emanates from completeness
the result of taking completeness out of completeness
would only be completeness

and such is the nature of god

MotherNature
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/4/2005 12:53:48 AM

RDtoo said
Um, Ed, that (ahem) scripture you quoted is not St. Paul, I think it is from Alcoholics Anonymous and is called the serenity prayer.

.. Nearly every metaphor used in AA is borrowed...

In speaking about Reinhold Niebuhr, Hubert H. Humphrey said "..No preacher or teacher, at least in my time, has had a greater impact on the secular world. No American has made a greater contribution to political wisdom and moral responsibility."

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

BUT, Niebuhr is said to have been inspired by Friedrich Oetinger (1702-1782)
'God give me the detachment to accept those things I cannot alter; the courage to alter those things which I can alter; and the wisdom to distinguish the ones from the others.'

And yet others say its from the book "Consolations of Philosophy" by Boethius, a fifth century Roman philosopher.
 MotherNature
Msg: 11
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 11/4/2005 12:57:02 AM
..oh and, the line of scripture i "lean on or gain strenght from during 'difficult' times?"
..is right here on the dogtags i wear around my neck.
Isaiah 54:17.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me shall fall; for my righteousness is of the Lord.

I also try to live by these words:
"If the star you are looking at through your telescope is distorted, does it make any sense to adjust the star?"
~G. Furuya
 justjazz
Msg: 12
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:37:31 AM
"Life is lumpy"......We have lumpy oatmeal, lumps in our throats, lumps in our breasts...learn the difference.....most of the time its just lumpy oatmeal
 tim49250
Msg: 13
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:24:00 AM
This is such an easy one. "Less is More"
 tim49250
Msg: 14
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:24:45 AM
This was my Grandmothers favorite I think is may be mine too. "Be still and know that I am God"
 Outdoor2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 9:54:17 AM
"Your dogma ran over my Karma"
 _shakti_
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:10:42 PM
Aham Prema

And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puRTEWDOL8c

And many more..
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:48:49 PM
Hmmm.

Well for sure, my most often repeated mantra is....

Oops!

But I have a ton of wise sayings I use on myself regularly. I've posted most of them everywhere else already. My most current one these days, other than the above, is "well, pluses and minuses. Pluses and minuses."
 aremeself
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:40:48 PM
this being a 'looking for love', site.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

and I like it too.
 sweet_caring_muslim_guy
Msg: 19
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:41:00 PM
"what line of scripture do you lean on or gain strenght from during 'difficult' times?"

I have a few:

Do people think that they will be left alone on saying "We believe" and that they will not be tested? (Quran 29:2)

Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.? Who say: when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong and to Him is our return." (Quran 2:155, 156)

And strain not thine eyes toward that which We cause some wedded pairs among them to enjoy, the flower of the life of the world, that We may try them thereby. The provision of thy Lord is better and more lasting. (Quran 20:131)

Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of your Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in this world, and We raised some of them above others in ranks, so that some may employ others in their work. But the Mercy (Paradise) of your Lord is better than the (wealth of this world) which they amass. And were it not that all mankind would have become of one community (all disbelievers, desiring worldly life only), We would have provided for those who disbelieve in the Most Gracious (Allâh), silver roofs for their houses, and elevators whereby they ascend, And for their houses, doors (of silver), and thrones (of silver) on which they could recline, And adornments of gold. Yet all this (i.e. the roofs, doors, stairs, elevators, thrones of their houses) would have been nothing but an enjoyment of this world. And the Hereafter with your Lord is (only) for the Muttaqûn.[ie. Pious] (Quran 43:32-35)

The best of riches is the abandonment of desires.
-Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (pbuh)

If you possess a heart of contentment then you and the king of the earth are the same.
-From a poem by Muhammad ibn Idris as-Shafi'i
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 20
your favorite mantra is?
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:47:31 AM
worship nothing
everything is sacred
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > your favorite mantra is?