Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date someone with Herpes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MellyBabez
Msg: 2
Would you date someone with Herpes?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
If you like this woman, and had a great time with her, Why can't you still date her, with no sexual acts being involved?
 MellyBabez
Msg: 4
Would you date someone with Herpes?
Posted: 10/23/2005 11:34:57 AM
i Know its easier said than done. And i didnt mean anythign negative with my comment, i was just making a suggestion :)

It would depend on the person, i suppose ( if i would date them long term with no sex involved) Maybe once in our lives we need a relationship that isn't just focused on sex...

hhmmm....Well, there's always toys to enjoy for sexual pleasure with that person...and if the guy has herpes, he could always jerk off while watching the girl pleasure herself, or strip...im sure there could be sexual intamacy without the actual act?
 MellyBabez
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/23/2005 11:47:10 AM
Good decision :)
 hightechredneck
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 2:18:40 PM
I personaly would not date anybody that I knew had any kind of sexualy transmitted disease. There is just way too much risk
 megwriter
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/24/2005 3:02:32 PM
Genital herpes? Hell no, I wouldn't date someone with it!
 OneCoolChick
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/24/2005 3:06:34 PM
yeah, I would for sure.... but I wouldn't sleep with them until I was sure i was really into them.
 mikerdw
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/24/2005 3:58:40 PM
yes, but babylonia, who ever knows if a guy has HPV (including the guy)? they are almost always asymptomatic.
 OneCoolChick
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/24/2005 4:02:31 PM
I don't want to die of cervical cancer!

I agree with you that HPV is scarier than herpes, but if you have regular pap tests, the chance of dying of cervical cancer is low. Surgery, maybe... losing the option of having children, maybe... which all sucks, I'm not arguing with that ... but the chance of dying is low.
 OneCoolChick
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/24/2005 4:12:04 PM
I agree Babylonia... it is definitly scary!

Herpes... the scariest thing with it really is pregnancy and childbirth complications.

I'd rather not have either.....
 always_striving
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/24/2005 6:33:24 PM
Drink a coke with her and make burpies.
 OneCoolChick
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/25/2005 7:43:10 PM

At some point I am going to want to get physical...

someone needs to do some homework....
 Jaybo_31
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/25/2005 8:15:36 PM
And we have not even started about the most common STD: HPV. Oh, and Herpes Simplex 1 has roughly infected 80% of the general population. Furthermore, if you perform oral on someone with either an active cold sore or asymptomatic shedding you could very well give them genital herpes. Beautiful, huh?
 friday_nooner
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/26/2005 1:38:18 PM
all i can say is eww.. no way go to the clinic first lol penecilian or how ever you spell it lol
 marketguy
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/9/2005 9:47:54 PM
HEEEEEEEELLLL NO!
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2005 3:47:53 PM
No I wouldnt risk it ever. I think she should have found a better way to tell you rather than standing outside her door. Not sure as to the situation but was she inviting you in for some? As it sounds like "you want to come in...btw I have herpes". She did the right thing by being honest. Better than the next morning getting a "btw I have herpes...and now you might too."

Its not the sort of thing a person can decide on the spot. She sould have given you all the facts about it and then let you think about it and then decide.

I would have to settle on it being a friendship and go no further. There are plenty of fish in the sea! ...i heard that somewhere...

I just did a search and there are dating sites for people with herpes. That might be the best option for people infected. Then it isnt an issue once they want to take it to the bedroom.

Also check out the cdc website on stds. Lots of info there.
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:41:29 AM
depends?how much i'm really into them !!
 Tr3vor
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:07:33 PM
Dayum bro, in my opinion I know what your saying its hard to find a person that you can have a really good time and ejoy being around but there is no guarantee that there will be a happy ever after and she will be the only person you will ever be with again. Really do you want to risk being clean and getting whoever you want or do you want to risk the fact that you might only get a chance to be with a certain few and have to say"I have herpes" know what I mean. Don't risk it man stay clean
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:05:57 PM
If people are afraid of dating a person with herpes... then they better just stop dating!!!! Some people have it don't even know it!!!
 MeowDude
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/14/2006 12:57:46 PM
maybe I am wrong but i believe that transmission can occur only through outbreaks and that the virus stays dormant in the spine so possibly sex can be engaged.....someone who worked at an std clinic told me so but I can't verify that info
 Tupelo honey2
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2006 3:53:14 PM
Herpes is a life long disease which may lay dorman for years and years without an outbreak!!!

Herpes can be passed on if the person who has it is shedding the virus. It can happen even if there are no lesions present, altho less likely. AND a person can develop herpes even without getting an acute outbreak...may have his first acute outbreak a few months or years later.

the bottom line is that "one out of 4 people have herpes "so even tho this girl outwardly admitted she had herpes.....she is being honest what about the other 3 women you have dated recently????....So now who would you date???

Herpes does not cause any dangerous life threatening diseases like most STDs....it is a horrible inconvenience that NO ONE wants to have but MANY DO!!!!(even tho they don't know it)
 acgoat
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/27/2006 9:21:50 AM
Just say [ NO ]

too risky, unless your ready to commit to that one person for rest of your life

your lucky she told you before being intimate
 Dope a mean
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/27/2006 10:46:32 AM
Hmm. She give a good hand job?
 69cobra
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 3:25:03 PM
If she is everything that you've been looking for before she told you...go for it!! There are ways around contracting it yourself. Get the facts!! AND be glad that she was up front and told you about it...She must have trusted you enough to tell you!!
 codedout
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/16/2007 4:04:52 PM
Hmm this may be too off the wall for most of the people here. However has anyone ready the book "Heal Your Life" by Louise Hayes. Most physical ailments are from a psychological disorder. If you look up Herpes, it is from severe sexual guilt. Maybe the friends hubby didnt give it to, her maybe she guilted herself into it. I know 1 person that suffered from this ailment and even though supposedly it cant be treated of it. 15 yrs later, after quite a few session with counsellors, she had no positive signs of it anymore. AND no I dont just mean outbreak, I mean clean blood tests. I dont know how this realates to the new strain though, havent actually thought about this in years.

So realistically thinking if she felt that guilty about sleeping with a friends husband, maybe she really is a good person after all and would never do it again once she was healed.

Just my 2 cents worth.
 kitten23xox
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:47:09 PM
I'd say keep looking. I'm sure you can find soomeone just as nice without STDs. Unless you don't mind risking your health, contracting something painful, and potentially spreading it to any future partners.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date someone with Herpes?