Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 2
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I moved from Florida to Australia once. Stayed there 2 years.. if I knew then what I know now.. I'd have stayed my happy ass home.
 sammysalt
Msg: 4
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 10/24/2005 6:03:32 PM
Well we bought land down the road from his family, so I would say that was a lot to ask. So no need to say more.
 SunnyMommy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 8:03:26 PM
I would reloate for someone I was truly in love with and we had a future together. I would be willing to move anywhere we both agreed on and we would both be happy (place to live, employment, activites we enjoy) However the problem is getting to the point were you are ready to relocate. If someone lives in the same state as I do (Florida) then I am willing to take turns visiting each other and meeting half way, however if someone is farther it makes it much harder to get to know someone and for the relationship to blossom. The question I ask is, if my partner is willing to relocate to be with me. If they are not willing to relocate and do not have a decent reason then it makes me question the relationship. I would never ask somebody to do something for me that I won't do for them, so I figure why should they ask me to reloacte if they are unwilling to.
 HB2
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/24/2005 9:03:20 PM
Again (how many times has this thread been done anyway?):

I'm willing and able and almost ready...just need to finish getting this dayum degree.
 grplaman
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/25/2005 1:28:45 AM
No- i wouldn't. I worked too hard for what i got. But, if i met someone-they could move in and rightfully call this place their home. One things for sure.....they better like plants!
 HB2
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/25/2005 4:14:49 AM
Make your own life too though...
Just in case because it could be really awkward otherwise...
 NatGoat
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/26/2005 12:32:33 AM
I'm MORE than Willing to relocate!!!

~ J
 NatGoat
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/26/2005 12:33:28 AM
I'm MORE than Willing to relocate!!!
There's GOT to be a better Job-market, Somewhere!!
I can't Stand Temp/Seasonal/Part-time stuff...
...How FAR...??
I think I'd draw the line at..about..Ganemede!!!

~ J
 DragonRider29
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/26/2005 1:01:47 AM
I would relocate anywhere in the country, but I would not leave the country. And only under extraordinary circumstances would I allow anyone to relocate here.
Relocation is something that should be decided upon within yourself before you ever enter a conversation with someone else. Because very simply, if you meet someone online, somebody's going to have to move.
DragonRider
 rocky541
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/26/2005 1:10:15 AM
I would and was making plans too but my future holds differently than what I was expecting. I was going to move to NY after I graduated from college but we broke up around 4-5 months ago.
 grplaman
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/26/2005 9:39:17 AM
Wow everyone else would move but me..am i ever out of the loop! Wow!

..But my house is too nice to leave, (slum when i bought it). My yard is very tropical and i have 3 ponds, a greenhouse a pool and a very private fence and my birds sing their songs all day long, I have two patios-opposite ends of the yard, (there was nothing planted on this property when i bought this house). My fruit trees are the best, I have Oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, papyas trees,mango tree,grape vines and i live in a very good neighborhood. I even have 2 flowering tress, that are considered amoung the 5 most beautifulest trees in the world! My house is full of nice collections and clean and it even smells like, freashly shampooed hair. I couldn't leave-NEVER.
 rabbitracer
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/26/2005 10:36:22 AM
i'm still deciding where i want to live, i'm not sure if colorado is the place for me so starting next year i'm going to be taking roadtrips all over the US until i find a place i dont want to leave. so yeah if i find someone i'm willing to relocate to be with that person
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/26/2005 10:49:38 AM
Relocate....no i wouldnt. I dont feel i should relocate for love. I mean come on. When a person has a great job, a home, family here and friends why should u going looking some place eles to find love....
 YamIhere
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 12:34:19 PM
Why would I ruin my life in such a fashion when there’s so many better ways to ruin it? A $7,000 per day cocaine addiction, for instance, or gouging my eyes with a wire brush.

No, seriously though, I think it’s one of the dumbest things you can do. The person who moves is literally placing their life on the line by leaving everything behind. That puts that person in a bad position and really places a lot of pressure on the person who doesn’t move. Why would you do all of that to a new relationship?
 NatGoat
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/30/2005 1:18:10 AM
'susans'....LOVED your Profile!!!*FOOOOMMPP!!!*{fall on floor!!}
I used to _Love_ Whacking off on the QEW!!!!
Kisses!!
 NatGoat
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/31/2005 1:59:35 PM
...Maybe even Io...Not the State...The Moon!!!
 Inkwell
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2005 4:43:12 PM
I can do what I do from anywhere. The question for me wouldnt be how far I would go but is it somewhere I would want to go. I can add my home to the other rented property easily.
 Inkwell
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2005 4:48:16 PM

I would not relocate

awwww but Rainbow I have a really nice two bedroom goldfish bowl for ya with a diver blowing bubbles and a pretty rock and a treasure chest that opens and closes!
 Ebo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2005 11:27:00 PM
I am willing to relocate, within certain conditions.

In terms of meeting someone and there being an interest in a relationship possibly developing, and there being a need for one party to relocate in order for us to even see if a relationship could be feasible - that is, the distance is too great between us at the very start for seeing each other on a regular, or even semi-regular, basis to really know if the possibility of a relationship is even desirable - forget it. I need the ability to get to know the person at least somewhat equally in person as I do online or by phone. If, after time semi-long distance dating moves towards relationship status I am all for being the one to relocate, since I am at a point in my life in which I'm ready for a long term relationship, and to have that, for me, means opening myself up to adjusting my life, within reason (for what I am comfortable with for myself), in order to add that to my life. And the distance that allowed for comfortable semi-long distance dating probably wouldn't be too far from where I currently call home in that, if the relationship did not work out, I don't have terribly far to look for support/returning 'home' after the relationship has run its course. If I'm in an established relationship that has developed in my own home area or the above scenario, and events come about that moving some place further away is presented, no problems in considering moving with my partner.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2005 12:18:44 AM
I've been around the globe three times for this purpose only... Therefore I guess I would fit myself under the 'yes' category.
 finisheslast
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:48:34 PM
for love......anywhere

success would never be as important as love.
 MissKittyNip
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:50:10 PM
I wouldn't relocate! I have things here that I've worked hard for and I wouldn't give it up for the "chance" at everlasting love. They would have to be the relocater.
 ~Bronwyn~
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:39:33 AM
Of course I would.
If it is love...I will go where my love takes me.
 Inkwell
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:11:15 AM
hmmm Where DID i put those jeans with the rainbow on the butt . . .
 Inkwell
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:30:24 AM
there is the rub! How can you tell it is true love until you have actually spent enough time with them, as in having moved there and actually been part of their every day life?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?