Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tinkle
Msg: 5
Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
never heard of it, see them quite a bit. I live in the US not surprising.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 10
Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?
Posted: 11/4/2005 7:25:14 AM
OH my god that's brilliant! I love that expression....

We totally needed a word to describe all those girls who wear the low cut jeans with a cropped top with all this fat ooozing out on each side. yuuuuck!!! NO ONE needs to see that, how unattractive! Some women really need to learn to dress according to their body type NOT what's in style.
 Cyanide
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:45:47 AM
I have had a kid in the past couple of years. My mom would look at me and ask "Are you really going to wear that?" Man I have never had anyone say anything like that about me. That was a real eye opener. I am not fat (at least I do not think so) I am 5'7 at 140 lbs. But because of the kid I have alot of extra skin. My bf really likes those low rise jeans, so I wear them with a long T-shirt. I am not that comfortable in my skin much anymore.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/5/2005 3:22:21 PM
^^ yeah what's wrong with lower back tats? I don't have one but I don't see what the problem is...I'd rather see that than butt crack peering up from a pair pants that are just too low...and I've seen that without them even having to bend over...eww cover that shit up please!

so in a way I admire chubby girls who dare to wear what they like even if it does not look very nice, and in another way I can't help but think that I would not be able to dress like that... But as someone said in another post, we all make fashion mistakes, so we should not really judge others too much.

call me judgmental but I cannot justify the way some women dress. they honestly need someone to tell them that what they think looks "sexy"actually looks repulsive and sometimes downright ridiculous.

the best quote I have heard from a guy is this:

I wished more would have been left to the immagination. Cause I certainly wouldn't have immagined what I actually saw.

TOO FUNNY
 Musikmaster
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:22:25 PM
You people are so incredibly shallow. 'Should all be hit by lightning...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:27:37 AM
Why is the OP even asking this question?? "Muffin tops"? Please!! It is just ROLLS OF FAT!! GROSS!!
 flame_tiger86
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/6/2005 8:35:27 AM
Haha, I heard that term on the radio awhile ago. Didn't really come to mind what it was until the DJ said it, then I realized it was the perfect term to describe some of the girls I've seen. Very gross....low cut jeans, high tops, like they are proud and showing off their muffin tops to the world. Well, if they're comfortable in their own skin good for them. My personal philosophy on clothes is that if you have the body for it, by all means go ahead and show it off.

I tend to go a lot for comfort when chosing clothes....so 99.999% of the time nobody sees my muffin top. I can't really see how comfortable one would be sporting a muffin top. Or is it not a top priority in these cases?
 Tinkle
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/7/2005 12:07:43 AM
OP. U are thin, how u a muffin top? I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
 prolibertate
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/24/2006 8:01:58 AM
OP, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...some people don't like large OR small muffin-tops, while others don't care...some don't mind a small beer belly while a large one they find disgusting (and simply because they're wearing a shirt to cover it doesn't mean a huge beer belly is hidden any more than a large muffin-top is). While all people should dress in what they feel comfortable in, I will agree that seeing a very obese female in low pants and a crop top, or a male with a huge belly in a tight t-shirt are equally unappealing. But I also have to say that I prefer a female who has a bit of meat on her as opposed to a stick-thin twig who looks more scary than anything else.
 jaelarvad
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 2:24:15 AM
I'd heard the term "muffin tops" before, but I didn't know what they were talking about.

So, I have them and there is nothing in the world that can make them not be visible. Even my underware makes them appear. Usually, they ARE covered, though. But I do have a hard time finding shirts that are long enough. My body length suggests that I should be about 6' and my leg length says I should be 5'7". I guess that's why I wear t-shirts so much.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:13:06 PM

if you get a muffin top FROM wearing...it doesn't fit!!!)

Exactly. There is nothing attractive about fat rolls ANYWHERE and that means male and female!
 prolibertate
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/31/2006 3:11:49 PM

PCOLA RE- I agree with you. You should know by now what you shouldnt be wearing (of course I have seen some women with too short shorts and too tight tops on and they're over 40 so....) but anyway, If you're overweight, you can still look nice, but not in that. Wear something that flatters YOU, not your little cousin.

I believe most agree that one should dress appropriately for the occasion or the age group...but I have to take exception to the 'over 40' bit, lol...I've seen quite a few over 40 women who put some women half their age to shame. I see nothing wrong with anyone wearing something that fits well and looks good on them, regardless of age...as long as it's flattering, and not faddish or ridiculous looking. Some of the past fads have looked terrible no matter what age group was wearing them.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 5:11:10 AM
there are young things on the street that I would like to pull over and tell them they look terrible and come with me for a makeover. I think the muffin top thing is primarily a young girl fad and if she could see herself she would be scared. I dont think you will find as many older women being that silly
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:28:55 PM
I actually LOVE muffin tops.

I find they're best when they are RIGHT out of the oven, and chocolate chip.

The tops hold the butter the BEST, and hide a TON of chocolate chips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Maleman999
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:41:26 PM
I was way off base. I thought it was a hairdo-similar to Carrot Top's hairdo.
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 12:17:03 AM
I don't think muffin tops are sexy...I'm big, but I always try to find clothes that fit!
 Cynderella
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 12:37:12 AM

They say low rise pants are going to be going out of style soon

And they are still in style...go figure.

No it's not sexy!!! Wear clothes that flatter not make you look fatter.
 cooldog65
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 3:18:26 AM
I suppose muffin top is a feminine term while beer belly or hangover is the masculine term. It's not the jeans that make you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat!

Just people in denial about what size clothes they really should be wearing. Worried too much about the number rather than the right fit.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:03:07 AM

The muffin top is not sexy & cannot be comfortable.

The uncomfortable bit is what I was thinking about.

Yup..just cuz you can stuff yourself in the jeans, does not mean you look good in them.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:05:06 AM

muffin top.....just a bad day for pants

ewwww..what about when their back fat resembles reversed boobs?!?
there was a pic like that on the People of WalMart website...yucko
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:27:22 AM
muffin tops are nasty.....a little bit of love handles is one thing...but muffin tops...

yikes...

i imagine the smell is awful too... eewwwww
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/22/2011 7:21:58 PM

So it's not always cause it's tight pants..

right, its never actually the tight pants...

100 % agree with you...

it is the fact that the woman actually is fat and overweight, yet the way her fat is porportioned, she has more of it in her immediate belly/lower back than in her lower hips/thighs...

No doubt she has a muffin top naked as well.

just like men have a solar panel for a sex machine...chicks have muffin tops.
 forums1
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:12:42 AM
Solar panel??? That's new!

Nah, I've got a t-shirt from 20 years ago still that has that on it... "Its not a bald spot... its a solar panel for a sex machine!" (I don't wear it much... summer picnics maybe).
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:07:37 AM
Argh. Low riding pants and tight or short tops are the bane of today's woman.

ONLY VERY SKINNY women can wear these pants and look good. Women like to wear them because of the "Scrotum" standard: for decades, fat men have worn pants that barely cover their equipment and brag about their "waist" size, ignoring the mountain of fat hanging over their belts. Now, women are doing the same thing: women with proportionately small hips to stomach/waist can get into a size smaller pants. This is the equivalent of a combover.

I have seen overweight and even average women wearing low riders and obviously not realizing that they look several months pregnant (when they are not). I do not think that these women have a full length mirror and/or do not know how to check out their backsides before they leave the house.

Or maybe they just don't care.

Women and men need to wear pants that fit, and women who wear hip hugging pants look better wearing a long shirt or tunic.

Of course, it is none of my business if women want to wear clothes that are unflattering.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/24/2011 1:25:19 PM
Before we get too deep into dissing women about the clothes that they wear, I did (and want to point out again) that men make VERY bad wardrobe choices, as well. I see guys who look 12 months pregnant wear pants that (again) barely cover their equipment and are also wearing a short, tight t-shirt that leaves the bottom of the belly exposed.

"Gross" is the only word for it.

Men also have "fat boobes" on their chests AND their backs which they don't mind flaunting by wearing NO shirt. The A type shirt with the big cut-out sleeves also do not leave enough to the imagination--not that I would ever willing imagine the sights I have seen in that department.

Perhaps the worst: obese guys in overalls with NO shirt underneath.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?