Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 1
Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I like this show, therefore I am very amused with these sleezy characters! The way I see it at some point in our lives we have met individuals just like these characters. Maybe it was in highschool, at work, a party, pub or flea market etc.
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 2
Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:19:06 AM
Yes, Bubbles is quite funny GLBTH! He actually has a song out called "Liquor and Whores" its pretty funny!
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:43:10 AM
I've actually only caught it once or twice myself. But other than it raising a brow or two it was quite the funny show. Yes I have met some kooky people like that in my day too.......they are a Hoot!
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:44:24 AM
exactly ruby they are a hoot. sometimes hanging with idiots is fun! now don't get me wrong dating an idiot and hanging with one are very different!
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:51:39 AM
I grew up with Idiots like them in my area and have to deal with morons most of the time through work too so the LAST thing I want to do when I get home is see/hear more ignorance and foul language when I get home.

Not interested in people who put the ASS in Class. Somehow I don't find drinking, smoking, cussing, lying, cheating, stealing etc. funny.
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:56:45 AM
Well GLBTH, I have watched "Corssing Jordan", but only once and didn't mind the program, however, if I watch a police show it tends to be CSI! I find it quite real!
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/4/2005 6:58:57 AM
i appreciate your comment pantherrrrr64 we all have different tastes in humour. i really don't know whats over the line anymore. i like warped humour.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/4/2005 7:03:26 AM
I do too MFM, don't get me wrong, I can laugh at the most twisted of things ,... perhaps this is just too close to the sad reality I have to live regularly to be funny ?? hahahaha
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/4/2005 11:39:32 AM
i've looked for the humor as well...

and there is none.

this show is found humourous by the same people who giggle when a clown makes a balloon animal.

put your helmet back on, and step away from Showcase!!
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/4/2005 12:31:37 PM
You say that like it is a BAD thing BBG,...but since sarcasm is the lowest form of wit perhaps it isn't a bad thing to have it elude one?? heh heh ( was THAT sarcastic??)
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/4/2005 2:48:02 PM
they say that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor...but i think the pun rates far lower than sarcasm.

seriously...bad puns...they're far less tolerable than a skewed view on the world around you.

O.T. - i still don't like TPB
 Tuff Roxy
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/4/2005 3:03:24 PM
Ya, I am not a fan of the Trailer Park Boys
 firstsnow
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/4/2005 7:52:42 PM
We all live in terror of being dumbest guy. It is really relaxing to watch a show where the guys are definitely dumber than you. If you are really smart and have lots of self-estteem, the show might not be funny at all.

When I first got out of university and starting rubbing shoulders with uneducated people at work etc , I just thought of them as scum. There are so many people who don't even have the smarts to finish trades school. Think of all the truck drivers, landscapers, painters, etc etc. There are a ton of very uneducated people in our society. The sad part is that most of them had dreams of being doctors in the beginning and really tried to do well at school. Unfortunately, university is very competitive because of so many foreigners.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:19:47 PM
Just sits back and waits for the SLAM that first snow is going to get,........

YOU SAID:::There are so many people who don't even have the smarts to finish trades school. Think of all the truck drivers, landscapers, painters, etc etc. There are a ton of very uneducated people in our society.

OH man what a blanket statement! I hope you simply meant "uneducated " as in didnt' receive secondary education not uneducated as in lower IQ's. I went to school with a fellow who had the top marks in Alberta for Science, Math and English and was also a top member on the Reach for the Top team ( by the way my town won it nationally several times) and he is a truck driver!!! WHY? Because he makes a s***load of money doing it and he's his own boss and he LOVES it. Not everyone who chooses a "lesser job" in your eyes is incapable of achieving their intellectual goals for many reasons other than lack of brain power.
 firstsnow
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:28:22 PM
I definitely mean they have low IQ's. There are cases of educated people becoming truck drivers but they are people with very serious mental health issues ie schiz, ocd, or bipolar.
Our schools are very liberal and education is available to everyone. I'm saying that many people simply do not have the native intelligence to even become a mechanic. These people try very hard to pass vocational school but fail and end up as salesmen or truck drivers or police officers.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:33:54 PM
Note to self: avoid the guy selling new high tech options for your operating equipment,... he's a moron, or perhaps the lady selling a new drug to your pharmacy that may save you from some disabling ailment,. she's probably uneducated too. God forbid you'd have to approach a police officer for help, he may even know HOW to save your life. That is IF he can figure out HOW to get out of his car or call for assistance and perhaps start CPR.

Brains come in all sorts of packaging... too bad all you see is a brown paper bag.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:47:45 PM
sure, there are "uneducated" people out there...

count me in as one of them.

just remember, we need the "uneducated" to build our houses, fix our cars, pave the streets, and all those other jobs that i'm assuming you feel you're too good for.

just remember brother...it takes many people to keep society functioning.
 articnorth
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:52:28 PM
I fix my own car and it is hard for me to say a mechanic is uneducated. It is quite hard to trouble shoot electrical problems. I can't imagine having to deal with all different makes and models of cars. I think mechanics may be the most underrated profession in our society.
The most overrated must be a teacher teaching grade 1 math. now , that is challenging. lol
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/4/2005 8:59:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing,. ..man I really wouldn't want an "uneducated" person fixing my car,... I put my life and my childrens' lives in that vehicle. They better know what they are doing!!!
Same thing goes for the electrician and gas fitter... I want the guy that gets 100% on his test not the guy who squeaks through on 50% or does it without permits and certificates. Only difference between many university educations and "practical" ones are the COST of the paper they are written on.

Careful Articnorth,... where did you get that "uneducation " you have?? From a teacher???? Grade One teachers instill in our children HOW to learn properly. They feed the fire that starts it all.

My point is every person has a use in society and no one is better than another. ADHD, Bi polar, Tourette's, for example etc. Many of these people have higher than above average IQ's as it is. Doesn't mean they can successfully use them either. Find your niche and excel in it!
 ai81
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2005 11:38:25 PM
****ing love them. Julian is the man. Trailer Park boys is great, because you can always identify at least one friend that fits all the characters. It's much like swingers in that way.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:33:33 AM
Like the old saying goes,... there is no accounting for taste. heh heh
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/5/2006 9:59:18 AM
"I try to be a role model for kids around the park. If some kid wants to grow dope, they can come talk to me, instead of growing dope 6 or 7 times through denial and error, they're going to get it right the first time and have some good dope."
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/5/2006 1:07:56 PM
For a few pints of Lucky Lager I'll make you a status card...

*off to warm up the photocopier*
 Canada75
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:27:07 PM
That show is friggin hilarious. I love Ricky! He is some dumb it makes me laugh. I love all the characters. I just wish they made more episodes as the season is so short.
 whopper
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/5/2006 11:06:02 PM
IF they made a show like that about asians or some other foreigners there would be riots in the street. I dont find it amusing at all. It illustrates the level of hatred towards whites in canada.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?