Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Sick of being nice...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HB2
Msg: 1
Sick of being nice...Page 1 of 1    
Well, I guess I was wrong to be nice to the X and allow our youngest to live with him...
It started off well enough but for the last few months I have seen her a total of 5 days, including lunch today...

I don't know if I should take him back to court or what I should do...

This is against the law in my state and is grounds to take him to court...

Any advice?
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 2
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:04:53 AM
I'm not clear as to how or why having your child live with the ex can be construed as "being nice". Isn't that a decision made with the best interest of the CHILD in mind? Isn't that about being nice(as well as other things) to the child? As to visitation,why not get out an annual planner and set up a schedule and both of you sign it.
 littletwin2000
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:06:30 AM
If you do not have joint custody your screwed. The lawyers will tell you you have a case and take your money. But you will lose it Without joint custody.Been there done that. it is against the law in Ky but never enforsed. I've spent 20,000 just trying to gete my court orderd vistiation the court date always came up after it was over and the judge would throw it out saying it was a moot point this happend to me 11 times 11 years in a row plus everytime i went the judge would raise my child support. I never gave up that was for my sons sake. but It is a big waste of money and it cost me my second wife as well.
 Opium
Msg: 4
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:09:38 AM
If you find it too traumatic to speak with him, you could hire a lawyer to represent your interests. It'll cost though,... so doesn't he respond well to sweet but firm phone calls?
 mikmelmeg
Msg: 5
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:16:21 AM
hey there no point being nice once you do you keep getting screwed i know that first hand ..but you should find out why you havent seen the kid in the first place is it him or the kid just busy if its him take him to court nice people finish dead last
 HB2
Msg: 6
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:19:34 AM
No...it was because she missed her daddy so badly and he missed her just as much...
The courts had nothing to do with it...
We do have scheduled visits but something always comes up on his end...
Yes, it is joint custody with him as custodial...
I do talk to him and we're meeting to discuss it...
She is aware of all this but doesn't want to come because she's begun carving herself and is afraid I'll have her committed...
He won't even take her to counseling for it...

I feel like just giving up sometimes...
 littletwin2000
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 12:16:04 PM
hang in there HB she is your daughter and will always love you my prayers are with you
 HB2
Msg: 8
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/4/2005 9:31:01 PM
Had lunch with both of them and got it pretty much dtraight...I think
Thanks for all the good advice and for helping me refocus on her instead of my own needs.
 belgarion
Msg: 9
Sick of being nice...
Posted: 11/5/2005 2:22:02 AM
Self mutilation is a cry for help. You need to sit down with your ex like you said, and have a very serious talk about what is best for HER. She is your number one concern, not him and not you. She needs professional help A.S.A.P.. Please set aside your personal differances and focus on the child. The best of luck to all of you.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Sick of being nice...