Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 §Vixen§
Msg: 1
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?Page 1 of 57    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Just curious. Do you guys read our whole profiles or just the parts that you want to see. I get emails all of the time from guys that don't seem to have read through mine. Do you think that you're the one that's going to change my mind on what i'm looking for? I mean if you're that wonderful then hey, I'm game! I think I have made my wants clear. Why do you email anyway?
Vixen
 §Vixen§
Msg: 2
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:59:47 AM
I agree momvon. One of the reasons I don't post a pic and I did try to keep my profile short and sweet with just the facts lol. I agree, if i want to read a novel I'll head to Barnes and Noble. I'm talking about the yes, no prefer not to say type things more than anything. I'm anxious to see if this thread even gets read by the guys!
Vixen
 §Vixen§
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/5/2005 7:07:03 AM
Guess they only look at the pics!
 §Vixen§
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:01:06 AM
jaad, you haven't proved anything. Maybe when you took your shirt off POF was busier that day. Like momvon said if that's what you're looking for is the ones that want to see that kind of thing then you're in for a lot of flirting and one nighters most likely.
No worries momvon, this thread is getting interesting.
Vixen
 arri
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:11:12 AM
I prefer the short profiles … Not a one liner and not stupid like looking for a good man and I get bored after reading 3 lines.

Also, profiles that say; "I don't like head games and players" get an F from me. Clear RED FLAG
 §Vixen§
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:17:33 AM
I've been on here just a little over a week and I don't have a pic posted and get lots of responses. Who know's. I do get asked when someone contacts me and I'll usually send them out that way depending on how the person comes off. I just don't get why someone would email me if they read my profile and know that what they are looking for is NOT what I'm looking for!
Vixen
 arri
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:26:00 AM
I would answer you this way. You are fresh meat in your area and I don’t think there are 100s to chose from. Wait another week and you won't be getting all that mail ...

Guys are fishing and looking for a bite, doesn’t mean just because they wrote you, they want to marry you. Means, they wrote everyone else with pictures first :)~

I wish guys were more selective in their emailing. Everyone would be happier.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:29:24 AM
I live in Cincinnati. There are lots of people on this site from here. "Fresh meat", are we in a butcher shop now?
 arri
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:33:35 AM
worse ... MEAT market and obviously these guys can't affort the tenderloin cut.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:35:37 AM
§Vixen§:
Just curious. Do you guys read our whole profiles or just the parts that you want to see. I get emails all of the time from guys that don't seem to have read through mine. Do you think that you're the one that's going to change my mind on what i'm looking for? I mean if you're that wonderful then hey, I'm game! I think I have made my wants clear. Why do you email anyway?

I don't know what other guys are doing here at POF. I haven't e-mailed one in the month I've been here at POF. Therefore, I'll speak for myself.
Yes I when I look at a lady's profile, I read the whole profile, even the long-winded ones.
Can't speak for the men who sent you mail convincing you to change your dating criteria.
I e-mail women who I sincerely want to know more information about. Open the lines of communication.

scarlett_66:
I get that sometimes too...and email stating how much we have in common when in fact there is NOTHING we have in common...lol

Not everyone has got gobs of personal data listed. It's possible that the dude feels he has something in common with you, but just hasn't expressed exactly what that is. That's is his fault and loss due to his lack of communication skills. For instance, if I e-mail you Scarlett and say we have a common interest in hockey (I LOVE watching hockey go Flyers!), but that's not in my profile, do you think I'm just giving you a line?

momvon:
Ladies, Do you think most of them can get to the reading thing? I feel like they look at the pic and have no clue what my profile says, almost like it is too much effort for the poor dears,lol.

Momvon, I do get past the pictures, thank you. What's it like where you live? I've been there once, you're out in the middle of nowhere like an oasis. By the way, fix your jumping smilie,lol.
 Simlasa
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:37:22 AM
I read the profiles... but a lot of them add up to nothing... the same interchangeable list of desired traits... 'honest, gentleman, not into games'... leaving the picture as the only thing to set the person off from hundreds of others. Even with a nice picture an ordinary profile is a waste of bait.

Not like my profile is great, but I'm not looking to get matched up... and I don't write to people much.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:43:36 AM
Thanks momvon. I'm finding out very quickly that a lot of the men here really don't have much substance. No offense to the guys that do. I've been doing the online dating thing off and on for a few years now and they're about all the same. A lot of these guys are looking for the stereo typical blond haired, blue eyed, bombshell. I don't think they're going to find that here. I just believe that lightening could strike and maybe there is someone sincere out there that I could connect with. My expectations weren't that high coming in this thing so it's not much of a let down what I'm seeing.
Vixen
 HB2
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:43:40 AM
I have found very few even notice what I have in my profile...

That's why it's all nonsense
 CountIbli
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:43:59 AM
Just look at this from a man's perspective. Despite what the owners/moderators say any given demographic will have at least 4-5 guys for every woman. Guys also tend to be the initiators. As a result women generally get tons of messages from guys. This is great for women, but for guys we'll commonly see unread/deleted. If you're especially lucky you'll get a read/deleted. The unfavorable ratio combined with the unread/deleted filter means we pretty much have to use the shotgun approach. Message a lot of ladies and hope that you get a couple hits. This is time consuming which means we can't read every profile (especially the novels) and write messages that touch upon everything we have in common.

There is some good news in here for guys. We can look at your picture and know right away if we want to have sex with you. This may not be the only thing we want, but no man never wants to have sex. It's going to come up eventually, even if it is only after marriage, or after you've fallen in love. We're also pretty forgiving about differences we have in interests and world views. And as the other poster said profiles may not be entirely honest or candid. On the flip side there are the profiles that don't really say anything about you (e.g. "I like to have fun," well who doesn't?). What you say in your profile doesn't much matter in the grand scheme.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:45:51 AM
I think scarlett just made my point for me on this whole topic. Thanks!

Vixen
 KinkyCapitalist
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:48:50 AM
Depends! Some of us can read while others buy Playboy for the Cartoons. You seem to believe that your desires matter to most of us. We answer at 5 foot when you request 6 foot because we like your boobs.

I thought yuou knew this stuff. Didn't your mother teach you anything, girl?
 arri
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:58:49 AM
Another thing .. a lot of women complain about mass emails … what about the canned profiles?

Out of every 10 female profiles, 5 or 6 of them sound exactly the same. And the long winded ones are just a total turn off.
 HB2
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:15:38 AM
My profile is changed on a fairly regular basis as my life changes and depending on my mood...

Amazingly it's when I'm being ****y that I get the most positive responses...
 nicemale
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:15:54 AM
I read it .... look for the pictures.... and may date you if its possible...
On the date I know everything is different...
I generally dont belive in words and pictures. I like real things in live.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:19:04 AM
nope, we dont read em, they are all same the same stuff OR they are flat out funny.

After I am friends with someone I read their profile, but at first I dont bother.

The real personality shows up in the forums and even then it matters not until you meet in person.

So, go ahead and tell us all who you DONT want to meet, we dont care.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:21:15 AM

CountIbli:
Just look at this from a man's perspective. Despite what the owners/moderators say any given demographic will have at least 4-5 guys for every woman. Guys also tend to be the initiators. As a result women generally get tons of messages from guys. This is great for women, but for guys we'll commonly see unread/deleted. If you're especially lucky you'll get a read/deleted. The unfavorable ratio combined with the unread/deleted filter means we pretty much have to use the shotgun approach. Message a lot of ladies and hope that you get a couple hits. This is time consuming which means we can't read every profile (especially the novels) and write messages that touch upon everything we have in common.

Ladies, there is much truth in what Count said. It's tough when you spend 20 minutes typing a carefully crafted message only to get unread/deleted. Say I find 10 women who interest me. That's 3 1/2 hours of typing practice, I'd rather be doing almost anything else. A guy like me gets like a 1:20 hit ratio of starting a correspondence, if I'm lucky, and then that correspondence is most likely to lead nowhere. Not complaining; I much prefer the real dating world instead of this internet driven approach, I'm here 95% of the time now for the forums.
 HB2
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:23:13 AM
I like it when you get someone on the phone and it ends up in a giggle session
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:31:13 AM
I think they are getting better at reading them...
but often they will write to a woman because they feel despite
her saying she would not be interested in someone like him,
he feels she will like him anyway
 arri
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:33:51 AM
And sometimes .. they write just do to see if she writes back

and if she does ... no replies
 Bikeman_
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:37:42 AM

scarlett_66:
If a man emails me (and I always read his profile in it's entirety before I respond) and his profile states he doesn't want children or wants his own family somewhere down the road..or something of that nature then how can I assume anything else than the fact he hasn't really read mine and maybe only skimmed or stopped at the pic?

Good point, if a dude indicates "wants children" and e-mails you, that dude is guilty of not reading your profile, or just e-mailed you because you are pretty.

But maybe "doesn't want children" means "doesn't want more children", not "I can't date a woman who is raising children". This gets easily misinterpreted. I say "open/undecided", that doesn't mean "I don't want children", it means "Chemistry is paramount, if my someone special didn't want kids, I'd feel no loss in my life not having fathered children. And if you wanted to have kids, that's fine with me, but our relationship always comes first and foremost with me." There's no checkbox for that!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?