Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do men really know what Women Want???????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 meintool
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do men really know what Women Want???????Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
shoes ,a house with a white picket fence and a giant pool with a 60 thousand dollar car, and a nice guy who can take care of and make u happy and pleasure you at the same time am i close?
 meintool
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do men really know what Women Want???????
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:29:04 AM
nosoup absolutely right i think
 Dachrisman
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:34:47 AM
Simple question with a simple answer. NO
 Dachrisman
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:37:28 AM
Most women don't know what they want. I got evidence of this. lol
 fit4aking
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:37:34 AM
Lets all take a deep breath and be honest. No we don't. What we do no is our interpretation of our past relationships and how we think we could have made her life better. It's impossible for us to know, however it is possible for us to listen. Not listen to the little voice in our heads manufacture what she is saying. Listen to WHAT she is actually saying. After that, the whole relating part in relationships kick in. Lets not fool ourselves people, if any of us had any aswer to any question, damnit we wouldn't be here.
 Sanguine61
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:00:05 PM
Women want security and stability... it's biologically hard-wired into them that way; the "nest-building" instinct. it's a good thing too, as men are hard-wired differently with the "hunter-gather" instinct and need the anchor that women provide for the success of the species.

The problem is in the definition of what "security and stability" is for any individual; it is not going to be the same for any two people, and often even they will not be completely sure what will acheive this for them.

Based on the differences, what men most frequently desire does not dovetail with what women want; worse, most women are not completely certain what they want either.

Therefore *NO* men do not know what women exactly want (despite what some may claim). We as men don't have a clue. The devil is always in the details.

But, the reality is you don't have to. If you open yourself to her needs, give the relationship your full attention and effort, and thereby earn her trust and respect, you will be giving her what she wants and needs (whatever it may be). Better still, if she reciprocates, then both get not just what they "want," but what they "need."
 Bikeman_
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:02:57 PM

tawny1973:
WHAT DO WOMEN REALLY WANT BOYS?

Is it beer and pizza? No? DAMN, now I know why I am single . . .
 nashvilledom
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:15:56 PM
Sometimes they want too much.

Woman's lib redifined the social order so you must accept the bad with what you considered good.

You cannot get into continious power struggles and cause stress then expect to be treated like little princesses.

If you want to stand toe to toe with a man why are you so suprized when you get knocked on your ass?

As Spock would say its Illogical.

You redefined gender so live with it , revert back or find yourself a gurlyman. Your choice.

To be treasured by a man you must have some tangible value. To put up with what most of you put him through sex dosn't pay your way anymore.
 fieriluci
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:23:16 PM
In my recent experience, men THINK they know what I want but they don't even have a clue!!

I have been involved with two successive guys who decided that I wanted to chain them down, get married, and set up housekeeping. Ironically, my ex-husband was always convinced that I was cheating on him.

After completely committing my entire existence to my marraige and it still not being enough, I certainly do not want to find myself married. I am a serial monogamist tho, and expect anyone sleeping with me to be the same. It just makes good sense.

I have been told that I am so honest, no one can believe me. Maybe that's the trouble with these guys. I do love intensely, but I take each day as it comes. I don't believe that promises are binding unless I am the one that makes them. I have had some of the most frustrating conversations with guys who believe that I am in love with them just because we slept together. I am an affectionate person, I am fairly skilled in the domestic arts. I like to make people feel special. None of this means I am panting for the white picket fence and babies!

You guys were dead on about the shoes though. :)
 CountIbli
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/5/2005 2:38:55 PM
It bears reiterating: Men have no clue what women want. But at least it's something we have in common with women.
 GoodKnightKisses
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/6/2005 1:35:58 AM
Most Women and Men have a fantasy of what they want...
but never achieve what they truly need.
 Puckerdillo
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/6/2005 1:41:14 AM
Most seem to want a guy with deep pockets = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
They can't help it of course, what with the media bombarding them with materialistic bullshit 24/7
 rckstacy
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/6/2005 1:45:46 AM
any woman who has to ask that question is not going to find what she wants.
mainly because she doesn't really know what she wants.
 rhythm_ace
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/6/2005 11:59:02 AM
No. Because every woman wants something different. What movie was it where the drill sergeant says, "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!"? That reminds me of some of the women I've known.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/6/2005 5:45:56 PM
No they do not because most women do not know what they want....Oh! Sure they say they want a nice ,honest,hardworking man.When you show her your traits.She comes up and say (WELL JUST BE FRIENDS MAYBE)And that is a big maybe...Then when MR.jerk comes along.She will worship the ground he walks on.You know the type.A drunk,abuser,Cannot get a job because he has 10 DUI.s...So i will say 99% of women do not know in the hell they want.....Saying what they want and what they go after are 2 different things.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/6/2005 5:46:47 PM
No they do not because most women do not know what they want....Oh! Sure they say they want a nice ,honest,hardworking man.When you show her your traits.She comes up and say (WELL JUST BE FRIENDS MAYBE)And that is a big maybe...Then when MR.jerk comes along.She will worship the ground he walks on.You know the type.A drunk,abuser,Cannot get a job because he has 10 DUI.s...So i will say 99% of women do not know in the hell they want.....Saying what they want and what they go after are 2 different things.
 Sparda7
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:00:24 PM
Alot of times broads don't even know what the hell THEY want. So how is a man supposed to figure that junk out? It would be better if females actually attempted to be honest about what they wanted though instead of trying to sound good. They know that they want a badboy with a pretty face and an arrogant attitude that is tall and can spoil them. They know that sounds shitty, so they say they just want a "nice guy to treat them well". Hahahaha! Every man over 25 that hears that line knows its horseshit!
 dbndon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:33:35 PM
Usually, yes; with most women. Not always, though. Some are positively schizoid, so I just walk away and forget about them.
 rhythm_ace
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:37:01 PM
To be fair, we're probably equally mysterious to them. Maybe the best we can hope for is some constructive communication. If a relationship is to work in the long-term, it's work. Some people seem to object to that categorization, but I don't mean it's arduous, backbreaking stuff. Maybe it's enjoyable, with a purpose and rewards...or at least, it could be.
 Tinkle
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:52:19 PM
Their needs to be met.
 RHARHA2711
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:57:58 PM
MEN REALLY DON'T KNO THEY JUST KNO WHAT THE OTHA WOMAN THEY WAS WITH BEFO U WANTED SO THEY REMBER THAT N USE IT ON U, A GUY FULLY WON'T KNO WHAT A WOMAN REALLY WANTS N TELL THEY LEARN THAT WOMAN
 TechnoBear
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:01:56 PM
I've said this before...

Men don't understand Women. Women don't understand Men.
The difference between us is: Men know this but Women don't.
 Grandma
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/13/2005 10:43:26 AM
No not really, why cause they are men. They dont think like us, they dont feel like us so you really cant expect them to know what we really want. By the way what do we want?
 the supernatural
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2005 12:22:17 PM
THIS IS FOR MEN ONLY. WOMEN READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Yes. No. Maybe. Most of us are single so this thread is probably about understanding what women (strangers) in general want. Here is an honest, personal account. I am not bragging. The story needs to be told.

After college I ended up in a rock band who made it pretty big (no names here). For 10 years of touring and recording (the 90's) I had so many women I couldn't manage it. Before the band and since, my dating life has been mediocre. I think that women want EXCITEMENT and CONFIDENCE. The bottom line is I'm not exciting anymore (and don't want to be...trust me) so women are not really drawn to me now. No, it is not about looks (if you're thinking I'm old) because before the band my dating life was mediocre too. Also, i am in even better shape than when I was 20.

If we men are all good people who know how to treat women, the next step is to make yourself at least SEEM exciting and confident initially.

My experience is after you meet your mate, you can slowly ween them off of the superficial high and let the beautiful person inside you take the place of Mr Excitement which is unrealistic over the long haul (at least I couldn't keep it going/too exhausting). A Porsche is exciting. Eccentricity is exciting. Being a good dancer is exciting. Being a leader is exciting. A Harley and ink from head to toe is exciting. Being successful (and looking it) is of course exciting. Being georgous (if so gifted) is exciting. Pick something outward that can be seen because women are strangers first, no? This isn't about ALL women of course. There are exceptions to everything (I hate that phrase but i have to throw it in, right?). For the record, the women I met during my "rock star" years were models, moms, jocks, college girls, business women, and alternative types...in essence, YOU.

Regarding CONFIDENCE, I am just a college educated guy who likes the arts (I am spiritual too). I didn't have any confidence in my abilities during the rock star years. A record company signs you, throws money at you and sends you through the MTV vortex. Again, I only APPEARED to be confident because of the APPEARANCE of success at something. I am only as confident as the next person in my ability to control life (i.e. not very). In fact, I'm divorced, late on my mortgage, and changing careers as we speak. Ouch! How's that for confidence. Are you getting the picture?

I am going to get hate mail because I also know that women HATE to be catagorized like this. Sorry, but the cat's out...there isn't alot of mystery here. Yes I know, women just want a nice guy who treats them right. Please stop with this girls. EXCITEMENT and CONFIDENCE (although illusory) are the keys that will seperate men from the dateless pack. AFTERWARDS, you can let the human being take over for the long haul...not boring, just real. Don't lie, just "fake it till you make it."

Hey, even most rock stars (and I've known many) are unexciting couch potatoes most of the time (with a girl at home complaining "We never do anything anymore").

Good luck all.
 JPON2
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:30:04 PM
Most guys know exactly what women want and can give it to them too. The problem is that many women constantly CHOOSE those guys who are not capable of giving them what they want.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do men really know what Women Want???????