Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Buy him tooth paste, a tooth brush and some floss....if you feel generous...
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:29:39 AM
ROTFLMAO....hygiene products are not THAT expensive!!! Therapy can be I guess if you don't have coverage though!!!
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:30:49 AM
Ewww! I dont think I could deal with teeth that bad. Just imagine how bad his breath would be with all that decay and what not! No thanks!
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:35:19 AM
Since I'm a gentleman, I usually leave my teeth at home.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:45:46 AM
Would you really want his mouth going....down there? I wouldnt be able to do it, id be too turned off by the thought of his decaying teeth touching my........ok nevermind i cant go on lol
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:59:10 AM
Would Scope help?!! I am dying here....LMAO...this is so sick and twisted!!! Wish I had thought of the thread myself!!!
 soccergirl1977
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:17:32 PM
i have to agree - not gonna feel like making out with dirty brown chicklets....teeth are very important to me (and thanks to my thoughtful parents i had the whole braces thing done)...some people like a nice ass...i like nice teeth
 Tinkle
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/8/2005 11:43:47 PM
This guy sounds like he really needs a dentist, and not only for cosmetic reasons. Oh, and needs to brush his teeth, and keep doing it more than once a day, der.

I am currently trying to get rid of some stains off my teeth (from asthma inhalers I used when I was young they think) it is a PAIN and is taking forever all that I have to do just for it. Expensive as hell too. Reading about this guy made me feel a lot better. He has it a lot worse than I. Well, I feel better about my situation, not his.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 3:19:58 AM
It's not being shallow when it is because they don't brush....I've known many that are too lazy and that is BAD hygene!!! I would use bleach or something... if I had no money and no toothpaste...I would NOT wanna kiss someone who has let bacteria build up so bad that they rotted their teeth out...that's as bad as skin falling off because they never washed or something...and the smell? Sorry it's disrespectful to themselves and to others...
 Tinkle
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/9/2005 3:32:19 AM
I don't think anyone was saying people should have perfect teeth. This guy has infected gums etc. Decayed teeth so bad it's black. He's going to be in pain if he isn't already. We don't know if it's genetic or laziness. I assume neither. A dentist is a must for this guy either way, unless he wants to lose his teeth, or be in pain, don't have the money. Plus, he would look better. I'm not a dentist, but you don't have to be to know that.

As far as crooked teeth. The biggest love of my life had a real bad crooked tooth, if not more than one. She got picked on about it, but I didn't see anything at all wrong with it. She ended up getting it fixed. I haven't seen her since she told me about getting work done.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 4:30:11 AM
" But teeth with sweaters on them... Hmmm. I don't know if I could make out with that."

No breakfast today...I don't think I can even wear my sweater now!!! BLAH!
 PuffyDee
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:07:41 PM
i will avoid telling him jokes or having passionate kisses.(just a peck for the sake of his cute face heheh). bad teeth means bad breathe. urgh
 PuffyDee
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/10/2005 1:07:44 AM
its image and it matters.

u do mind your ex's teeth too, thats y u brought her to fix it. making her more attractive and somebody else took her away from u. (sorry i dont mean to rub it)

and we are not talking about being perfect here. *roll eyes*
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:32:12 AM
I am one of those people who can't get past rotten teeth/gums in a person, I really tried, but couldn't. I dated a guy recently who was great in almost all manners so I thought I'd give it a try, except that his teeth were rotting in the center. After a few dates I brought it up and he gave me the excuse that money wasn't available for that. BS! He had every big boy toy on the block. The trouble was he smoked and lived on drinking Coke slurpies!! and apparently only brushed his teeth before he knew he'd see me. Didn't last long couldn't make myself kiss him. UGH!
Crooked or thin enamel is a completely different story than rotten and poor dental hygiene.
 rory27
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 1:51:59 AM
How topical. I agree that black, yellow, decaying, and/or missing teeth are a big turn-off. But there's another issue underlying this not-as-obvious attitude. Anyone opened to the ads of their community newspaper lately , and actually read them? They're chock-full of the typical guilt-inducing horsesh!t (to keep the $ flowing in, of course) , in this case that of hyping up the blinding white set of chompers as the NORM. A major study commissioned by a Canadian group found that three-quarters of all Canadians over the age of 18 were worried that their teeth weren't white enough. So the issue of unpresentable teeth goes far deeper than the vast minority who have obviously poor teeth and hygiene. It saddens me to see how virtually anything can be marketed successfully if the right buttons of envy, guilt, fear, and lack of self-worth are pushed.
 Tinkle
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:07:22 AM
The great comedian Bill Hicks did a bit where he talks about all the attractive people on the beach. He says they all have white teeth and tan skin. Meanwhile he has tan teeth and white skin. I am in the same boat. My love life sux and I'm sure my teeth aren't helping. I'm getting my teeth fixed tho. Now, about that tan... spray can? Nah, screw it. Some goth chic might like me some day.
 Opium
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:00:37 AM
I'm sorry, but rotten teeth smell. Women have a keener sense of smell than men,... so don't subject us to bad hygiene! (any where!) everywhere should be clean enough to on or whatever we may choose to do,... not take an involuntary dump.
 rory27
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 11:48:35 AM
smile with your eyes, you obviously missed my first sentence where I included yellow teeth as being disgusting. There's nothing wrong and everything right with proper hygiene, as I mentioned. But the current advertising and "white white teeth" industry was non-existent a decade or so ago, and is not in the least based on hygiene. (I'm not talking of teeth whiteners, but the lucrative cosmetic dental whitening centers which are incredibly popular.)So what is it based on? "If you don't have bright whites, you're not sexy. People will laugh at you and shun you," etc... It's just another way our dissatisfied, vain and superficial society has taken to elevate itself to self-made pedestals.
 HB2
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:25:12 PM
Not for this gal...clean mouth and teeth please...
 Tinkle
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/11/2005 4:39:43 PM
Er, I shoulda pointed out that my teeth are dis-colored not do to yuck-mouth, but do to surface enamel chiped, asthma inhalers I used, and smoking no help. I actually brush my teeth more than twice a day, seriously.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/28/2006 7:34:26 AM
I meet a man I think he is super nice and cute, but he has dental issues and he wants to date me. What would I do? For one thing be really, really super happy!!! If it bothered me that much, and he was spending nights at my place, I would tell him he could always feel free to use my tooth paste, mouth wash etc.

My teeth have never been yellow and black, but I have lost a lot of them, and now a lot of them are fake as in I have a partial.

I really don't think it would bother me much. If one certain person ever is back in my life, I sure would not be worried about what his teeth look like.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:56:11 AM

Sorry if it makes a person sound shallow but knowing that proper brushing and flossing will not result in a nasty grill makes it hard for me to take a person seriously when they have said messed up grill.

I have brushed, flossed, and used mouth wash at least three times a day since I was a small child, but I was "lucky" enough to be born with teeth with low enamel, resulting in them breaking easily. They were never yellow and black, but still far from perfect.

I went to school with a boy, whose teeth were all black, because of an antibiotic he was given as a child. He could have brushed his teeth for ten hours a day and they would have still been black as it is all the way through the teeth. Not everyone would have the money to get porcelon veeners to hide them.

I can understand not wanting to date someone who doesn't brush at all, but to not date someone because of the way their teeth look is just silly.
 gtucker
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 12:22:06 PM
Bad teeth are a deal breaker for me. I don't mind dentures, bridges, whatever, but a person who doesn't take care of their teeth are a big turn off for me.
 Lovebeaches
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/29/2006 3:40:30 PM
If the teeth are that bad....and you can see them.....what else is he hiding that is worse and you cannot see up front?? YUK!!!!!!!
 Fanny
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/30/2006 8:36:03 AM
Absolutely, as long as they're clean.

I dated a guy with horrible decay. He was great about brushing, but he grew up in a poor family, and his single mom didn't have dental insurance or the money to send him to a dentist. As a result, he had problems from early on that were never resolved. He had the sweetest personality, but he was so embarassed by his teeth that he never smiled. Long story short, he won 30 grand in the lottery and his first expenditure was on dental implants. After that, he had a smile that matched his heart. And to think, if I had been turned off by his teeth at the start, I would have missed out on that smile.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?