Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies. Do you really want to know how to keep your man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tinkle
Msg: 9
Ladies. Do you really want to know how to keep your man?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Folding and feeding me is not a requirement. I don't want another mommy.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 15
Ladies. Do you really want to know how to keep your man?
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:42:39 PM
If nothing else choloroform and a rag works pretty well. Repeat as necessary. (just kidding, sweetie....hahaha)
EDIT: holy I have more of a problem in getting RID of them than I have keeping them....hahaha!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:48:12 PM
smile Good point, that's the first thing, finding one who's worth keeping!!
holy (rolling eyes) I trust you know a joke when you see one....YIPES!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:59:31 PM
holy If that's what you're looking for in a woman good luck. Oh and check out the multitude of other similar threads, like "where are all the old fashioned women" and "feminism is ruining America (gag)". This topic really has been hashed and rehashed. If you're looking for that type of woman my best suggestion is drive around til you see the horse pulling a black buggy. I know a lot of the communities are in Pennsylvania, I think some are in Ohio, too. Google Menonite, Amish, Quaker....good luck getting past their fathers, brothers and uncles. Oh and as an added bonus I think they milk cows and feed chickens. Woohoo what a deal, but no electric or phones, there's always a trade out.
EDIT: High five to smiles....hahaha!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/7/2005 5:07:00 PM
holy I'm always in lala land...your point?
Keeping a man that's worth it isn't that difficult, it's finding one who's worth the keeping.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/8/2005 12:11:05 AM
OP....you are confused...on the needs of a man and infant care.......
Its feeding , folding and burping.

Every man is different so is every woman.....

For me.....

1.A healthy interest in sex
2.Never let the sun set on an argument
3.Humorous
4.Honest to her self and others
5.We are independent yet interdependent
6.Somewhat crazy like me
7.Has her own interests apart from mine
8.Understands my moments of silence-does not mean something is wrong.
9.Always striving to improve herself
10.Positive attitude

Food,doing the dishes,laundry...etc are very secondary & petty issues.

Number 10 somewhat affects all areas of our life and is of the utmost importance,
I would rather live alone indefinitely than to be with a negative melancholic person.
 LovesSunshine
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/8/2005 1:59:11 PM
How to keep a man happy?
**** him alot lots of different ways
Listen to him....and don't talk and talk all the time
And have a nice garage for him to hang out in. Give him space.
 Swiftone
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:23:20 PM
Folding? Clothes? I didn't even know that was done.

I may just give that a try some day. Not today, though.

Uhhh.... what exactly does it do? ... this folding thing.....

I'm so confused....
 bucsgirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:01:28 PM
Well since my man is of the warm blooded type, I think the correct temperature is 98.6. Of course that's a constant temperature, I like it when it gets a bit warmer....hahaha.
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/9/2005 11:07:20 AM
@ good chance:

well, some men can do all 3:

fold their own clothes, feed themselves..& go F*** themselves! :)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/9/2005 11:12:31 AM
"The 3 F's" meant someting much different in my youth..

guys, you know what I'm taking about.. !

Find, ....
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/9/2005 11:22:24 AM
sorry, have to be hung larger than a gnat to 'literally' do it.. lol
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:22:08 PM
Holymoly: After reading the first few posts, I wonder why some of these chicks are in their mid 30s or 40s and still single. Each one claims she's happy but she's not. HAHA. She just bought into the whole Oprah and Ricki Lake shyte. The ratio of men vs women looking has ALWAYS been that way you dumb@ss., But the ratio of marriages that hold vs those that do not, well that's a ratio to be talking about.
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:25:42 PM
And that is why BuzzingBee is still single. She just proved a point.

Men's list of needs will always be a fraction of what a woman's will be.

So as you ladies lists keep increasing, you'll all soon realize that you're nothing a sport F*ck for some men. And after being F*cked and chucked, you'll try to force a man into marriage.

I think the ladies screwed it all up for themselves...but the men have always just been ...well Men... (aside from the north american, western modern men, let the Pu$$ification begin...or..wait..it already began after your woman started watching Ricki Lake and Oprah. hahahahahaha)
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/9/2005 2:17:52 PM
My.02.cents: A man like me will NEVER marry someone like you, You are too old, and you still work in Customer Service. Which is what you'll be doing all your life.

Why would I settle for that?

That makes no sense. You university education is just that. Not real life practical exeperience. I am university educated and I never really used anything I learned in University. Maybe a fraction of it, but not everything. Education is big business. You can either pay to learn crap and waste your time, or pay to learn something worth while.

I presume you took the Customer Service major in University.
 dontfencemein
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/9/2005 4:00:32 PM
No hostility..... my opinion on how to keep a man...

Lots and lots of oral sex

If that fails....

B L A C K M A I L

just kiding..... I KEEP pets... You shouldn't KEEP a man....
 bucsgirl
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:05:23 PM
holy You misspelled belligerent, it's spelled S M A R T.
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:23:52 PM
^^

holymoly sounds awfully familiar, used to post rants under another name I think..

must've been booted then came back for more under a new ID...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:28:24 PM
holy Oh please don't give me THAT much credit, I totally think your point was made with your OP. But thanks for the laugh.
EDIT: Actually to correct you I was making MY point.
 grplaman
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:45:18 PM
Woman are just as hostile towards men too. Even, gay people are at odds with one another. I personally think it's in the water. Our brains are being altered by all the chemincals.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/9/2005 6:05:11 PM
smile Gotta love this woman...well this is why I do...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/9/2005 6:50:54 PM
ah smiles a woman after my own heart....men aren't kept...this really is a silly topic, that's why I was being funny with it...it's not keeping a man at all, unless you have restraints...locked up tied down,...oh yeah that's me!! hahaha Some of us ladies know how to make a man outrageously HAPPY so he doesn't want to leave. No rags or choloform needed. If a man who's with me wants to leave, and gets lost, I'll point him to the door. No biggie. He stays because he wants to I let him stay if I want him to. I thought this was really simple, and I can't post anymore, sorry, but I lost a piece to my Fisher Price Set...I can't rest until I find that yellow diamond that goes into the shape ball thingy.....waaaa...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/9/2005 7:20:50 PM
oh baby princess, I think that's the thing. It's not about really finding or landing one, it's once you encounter that rare treasure, you don't keep each other, he doesn't KEEP me and I don't KEEP him. We just wanna be with each other, and that's the magnetism or glue or whatever that holds it all together. If it's the right one, you don't have to keep each other because both of you would rather be there with other than anywhere else on the face of the earth...this "keeping" thing sorry is just alien to me.
 rubybaby
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/9/2005 7:24:12 PM
I'm a girl but... Fishing lol
 bucsgirl
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/10/2005 7:57:40 AM
Holy Very, very interesting....HMMM, a woman fishing on a dating site, and your description of "poor, unsuspecting man" sorry, but that's hysterically funny!! Are you lost? You DO know what this is right? hahaha
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies. Do you really want to know how to keep your man?