Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > she gave me wrong (fake) phone number      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 4
she gave me wrong (fake) phone numberPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey man, I got into a 2 year long distance-no strings attached-fun fun FUN relationship by dialing a wrong number......keep your chin up!
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 6
she gave me wrong (fake) phone number
Posted: 4/27/2006 3:17:34 AM
Sorry that I did that OP. I feel like an ass now....
~Carrie
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/27/2006 3:38:21 AM
Dial-a-prayer has had far too much traffic from such encounters.

Annudder
 Bandito
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/27/2006 7:33:11 AM
Dude, you can stop dialing 867-5309...there is no Jenny living there, I already tried
 Poet102781
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/27/2006 1:39:42 PM
All you guys get off LIGHT....usually she says to me..." dont make me use my pepper spray dork"

I allmost have no retnas left.
 crystalise
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/27/2006 8:25:46 PM

All you guys get off LIGHT....usually she says to me..." dont make me use my pepper spray dork"

I allmost have no retnas left.

kitsguy4u
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:19:36 PM
I had a friedn a few years back that was always getting hit on and asked for her number. She was pretty mean. Becuase she would very rarelt give it out. But if the asked for her number she would give them real numbers...just not hers. She had memorized a few "spare" numbers. Depending on the guy and his method of pick up she would give one of three numbers. 1) the STD info line, 2) one of those local chat line numbers 3) Cant recall the third...but i know there were three!

The thing is it is much easier to smile and give you a number and get rid of you rather than turn you down and then have you ask them why they arent interested. If you have a good conversation with a woman then offer her your number. That way she can call if she is interested. she can also block her number incase she wants to get to know you better before giving away her number. Remeber in this internet age women need to be careful as a simple phone number can be used to look up the persons name and address. So they might be interested in getting to know you but they just dont want to risk giving their number to a potential stalker.
 crystalise
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/31/2007 5:15:44 AM
Some of us do it rather than have to deal with telling a guy they are not interested and cause a scene. You just dont know who is going to take no nicely and who isnt.

Supermarket is not the best place to try to pick up women really. Personally when Im pricing loo-paper Im not in the glamour allure mindset of being a man-magnet sex-siren that I like to be in order to eloquently exchange private details with a strange man- and you could catch them/us off guard.

****** ARGH another year old post. I hate that.... why dont I check the dates ??? ****
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:39:52 AM
BRB I'm going shopping.....
 rockondon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 2:42:57 PM

She give's you a number and you go away without an incident rather than having to deal with a nut that's bugging her for a phone number in a grocery store. Smart girl.

this couldn't have been worded any better.
 mogrl
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/31/2007 3:54:40 PM
because its easier that way,why else ??
 PC2000
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 5:33:06 PM
justcueit...... " I'm SURE I'd give a fake number!! "

If your goal is meeting that someone special that click your heart you will never know where you will meet him until you do. It can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace. regardless or the situation.

PC2000
 lindy_3333
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 6:12:46 PM
I was pursued by a man, and he gave me his number because we were setting up a meet. I had some family thing to go to and so he said call him when I was done, and then we could meet. Yup! You guessed it... I called and it was a fake number.... lol

Happens to women too!

Happy fishing everyone!

Linda
 PC2000
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:43:48 PM
CountrySugar.... Do you think that it is safer to give your phone number to an stranger that you meet for a few hours in a night club ? .......... at least if you meet a guy in a grocery store and you will know right from the beginning that there are very high probabilities that the person is not married... think about it.

It does not take more than 10 minutes to have an initial opinion about a person. IMO a 40+ normal woman that truly is looking for a mate is not going to restrict herself to only a few places where she will allow herself to be social. It does not make sense.

PC2000
 DrewBond007
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:59:41 PM
it is a womans way of saying No to you although its not a verbal no. focus on finding the one that gives you the right number. every guy i know goes through the same thing.
 Champuli Nam Pakanli
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:44:59 AM
Hmmm...haven't been asked for my phone number in a while. Most guys lately have been asking for my email address - that's a safer bet, and I'm much more likely to give my correct email address, then a correct phone number.

But I like the post above, about taking out the cell phone and dialing the number as she gives it to you...puts her on the spot.
 casperella
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/28/2007 8:29:02 AM
Dude you type with a heavy accent too
 Vancer
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/28/2007 11:10:08 PM
It's best to say no upfront. I'd imagine letting someone on and having them think 'weeee, I can't wait to talk to her!' only to find out after all the hype that it was a 'no' masked as a 'yes', would suck huge.
I've been asked for my phone number once. I just shook my head.
I didn't know what to say, but I wanted them to know right away I wasn't interested.
Am I a jerk? It's the best I could think of right away.
 Truucha
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/29/2007 12:17:41 AM
I have never gotten a wrong phone number, or even NOT gotten a phone number when asked. I guess I got a 100% closure rate....lol
But you can tell right away who's interested or not, by making eye contact, furthermore you can tell if she's giving any indicators of interest while conversing with her, either she's feeling you or not, and it shouldn't be hard to tell. If not then politely exucse yourself and tell her to have a nice day. If you are, then tell her "we should hang out sometime" she'll offer the number if she's interested, and you shouldn't have to ask
 1knight1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 8:32:47 PM
Try this it works way better, get the "E-mail" instead of the "Number" this way she can block if she wants
and you don't need to sound like a silly person on the phone.
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/5/2007 1:03:41 PM
Well from hearing women talk about this , many of them do that to spare a man's feelings...so he won't feel rejected or embarassed publicly, and some do it cause they don't know how the man will react if they are told no...some woemn tend to think a man will go psycho if he is rejected.....I myself could car less if a woman tells me no...life goes on and so do I....
 techgirl27
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 9:49:48 AM
I get that all the time, not just for dates, but when they say they want me to call them regarding business. Why do people waste their time and effort (and mine) like that?? Someone tell me what the point is of that?

They have to go out of their way to think "I'm gonna con this girl" and "lets see, whats a fake number I can write down". Why not just say no thanks huh? Actually they haven't conned me at all, they've conned themselves out of a great experience!!

Oh yes, and with the personal ones, I always try to remember to call them as soon as they give it to me. Then as I watch and listen for their phone, I say "I can save your caller ID on my phone" then type their name in.

Church idea is great! Why didnt I think of that?? And I also use business cards, because they might not just call you to go out, they might just need something you sell!

algodondeazucar
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:50:45 PM
I almost did that like a week ago, but thought better of it and instead i told this guy politely that I wasn´t intrested. Wasn´t easy though cause I see him everyday at college and all my friends encourage him to talk to me and stuff. I can´t believe my own ¨friends¨ are trying to set me up with a junkie !!! lol.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/30/2012 11:25:20 AM
why so many girls that i trying to pick up (in the supermarket, mall etc) give a wrong phone number? why they can't just say "no".

I did this once is my early 20's when I was being hounded by a guy. I did it b/c I was was young, & was quickly trying to get away from him as quickly as possible. I wasn't interested in him. And I didn't want to be rude, or have him ask me why I wasn't interested, etc.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/1/2012 10:44:31 AM
You forgot to dial the number in front of them.

So you could see the look on their face. Then you could call them goofy and walk away
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > she gave me wrong (fake) phone number