Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should you Wear Orange on the First Date? Thumbs up or down      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bandito
Msg: 1
Should you Wear Orange on the First Date? Thumbs up or downPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What does it tell you about people that dress up in orange clothes. There is just something not right about that colour on people.

I know I am fickle and really focus on how I present myself but orange, specially
for guys, is only reserved for being in the joint

What are your thoughts...is wearing orange a date killer?
 just_sherri2005
Msg: 2
Should you Wear Orange on the First Date? Thumbs up or down
Posted: 11/10/2005 1:16:05 PM
Well, the answer to your question depends on how much orange we are talking about. Some people look good in certain colors (or at least think they do). Some people like orange, some people don't. If the person is dressed from head to toe in orange (or any other color), I'd be a little worried. But if it's an orange top with jeans or something, I don't see a problem with it. Of course, if it's that fluorescent orange that hunters that wear, that's a whole different story.

Sherri
 Puckerdillo
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/10/2005 3:10:11 PM
You talkin' about a jumpsuit that says PRISONER on the back? That orange?
I have a funny story about that.......
 Frrosty
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/10/2005 9:42:06 PM
Orange cannot be ignored. I am sorry; orange is powerful.
 Bandito
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:45:40 PM
Very funny....you had best response....cudo's to you joy
 Frrosty
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/12/2005 11:21:09 AM

Only if it looks good on you. In the summer....with a tan...I kick ass in orange. I'm going to Mexico on Monday..and I wouldn't leave here without bringing all my orange clothing! Orange pants...orange shirt....orange socks...orange boxer briefs....orange shoes.

You're my newest hero dude.
 4408joseph
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:54:53 PM
^^^^^^^^YEA^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like DOC numbers across the front of a Prison jumpsuit...

That might be a big no-no!

You can always request your court suit held in your storage locker!!
 Lario
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:09:10 PM
well if you feel that way, just forget about askin' me for a date.. I wear orange socks every day! And they are too cool for school....
 RoseInTN
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:51:34 AM
Just make sure your first date is in East Tennessee, Home Of The VOLS. Everybody here wears orange, especially on game days. If anyone gives you funny looks or stares at you, it won't be because you're wearing Orange. I love Orange, actually it's my favorite color, and has always been, even before I heard of Tennessee.
 that sam i am
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:51:17 PM
I wear orange and look great in it. I'm talking about a muted ocher kinda orange.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should you Wear Orange on the First Date? Thumbs up or down