Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vp2
Msg: 4
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
yes, it's happened to me once. She was absolutely gorgeous. It's against rules to say who she is, but she still visits the forums every now and again and knows who she is
 astrosky
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:20:37 PM
The best way to go about having this happen is to agree to date someone with no picture, build a picture in your mind of the most hideous face you can think of, and when you meet them you'll be pleasantly suprised...most of the time.
 Frrosty
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:24:13 PM
Oh yes.,

Face it dude; some of us are just not photogenic.

*shrugs*
 addictable
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:21:25 PM
sure have...looked gorgeous in their pics, and holy pick me up off the floor in person! Pretty sure most people that have met me have been pleasantly surprised too :) Apparently I must not be photogenic if my pics don't do me justice...but whatev, maybe its just cuz i like to smile :)
 crystalise
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/14/2005 6:58:18 PM
More handsome??? YEP - eyes to die for - that no could possibly photo bring out. Yes....
 zoomzoomzoom
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/15/2005 6:12:33 AM
Most ppl Ive met always looked better in person than on their profile pic. I have never met anyone whom I havent at least seen a photo of first. Ya gotta have an idea of what they look like.
 kenbryan41
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 12:56:36 PM
Apparently I'm a lot cuter than my pics...and yeah, I've met girls who were ok in their pics but stunning in person.
 godscrashdummy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/25/2005 11:12:43 PM
....but i have not met anyone off line yet

oh thank god theres hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel<------talking his horse into moving to Texas
 brawnydog
Msg: 24
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics? ...NO!!!
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:37:10 PM
If you're not photogenic.....you must be extremely beautiful in person.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:52:04 PM
Good n plenty:

Love the one-finger saluting grannies, reminds me of a picture I took several years ago of all my brothers and my father. Looking through the lens they we're all flipping me the bird. I had the pic for years until one of my brothers stole it from me. Thanks for the pleasant memories.

Blessings,
Witchy
 Ldygmr
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:53 AM
It has been my experience that the pictures gives only a rough estimate. The people I have met from this site have all looked better in person and I KNOW *I* look like crap on camera.
 Frrosty
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:44:34 PM
mm hmm; this has been the case a couple of times.

KTDID78
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 12:14:57 PM
I've been told I look the same in my pics as I do in person but my smile is better live... Not sure how to take any of that, but I say thank you!
 evrybdy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 12:18:05 PM
I find I have the opposite problem. I can't live up to my pictures! Lots of guys write me thinking I am going to be this model type with amazing abs and all, but the camera seems to love me more than my real self. My real self being more dorky than anything.lol I like taking pictures a lot, cause I like changing how I look, what I wear, and also like to show what I am out doing. People do tell me I look like my pics, and since they really like my pics, I guess that is a good sign! I was very shy when I was younger and didn't take that many pics, but I have grown into it, I take them daily now and update weekly!

As for me, yes, there were a few guys that floored me, but their pics were also amazing. I tend to be a very visual person, but also love to be surprised so it can go either way for me!

M
 bestwomanever
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/20/2007 2:30:17 PM
Actually, most of the guys I've met from online have told me that I look much better in person. One guy I dated looked much better in person than in pics as well. I take pretty bad pics usually, but that's ok, I'd much rather look better in person. Like Sherilyn said, it could be because I'm pale as well. Of course, it could just be a line they give me, but either way, I'm not complaining. ;)
 csod64
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/20/2007 4:47:30 PM
Hell yeah! It seems to be that way lately...
 Island Pearl
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/24/2007 3:10:56 PM
Ditto...

I'm told often that my pictures do not do me justice. Just to be certain I asked if that was a compliment. They all answer "YES!" (I am humble enough to never assume I know what a stranger means.) Great, so I'm flattered. I usually try to post at least one picture without makeup. It's the way I prefer my face to be. I never post a really great photo with me all done up to the nines. Just want to keep the mystery and the best of me for someone special. All my posted pictures are current, as in under 1 year old. I'm no Spring Rose, but at least my wrinkles and rolls are in plain sight. I earned them from God blessing me with a life lived. Thankfully he also gave me some good genes!

Unfortunately, I've found lots of men post pictures that could never be considered current. Funny, I didn't expect men to be so vain and lacking confidence. When I met these men I was so shocked to see all the grey, white or balding hair, and let's not forget the face full of deep cavernous wrinkles. Posting blurry pictures hides them! Did they really expect to hide a face and body full of deep cavernous wrinkles by the time we meet? Incredible the insecurity some people have. What's even more interesting is these men wrote that they are looking for an "honest" woman. So what are they offering in return with their lie?!

To be clear, I have no problem loving a man with grey, white or no hair. Nor do I have a problem with anyones wrinkles. I'd just like to be able to recognize you from your pictures when I meet you for the first time! Is that too much honesty to expect?

I don't believe in being dishonest in pictures or in person and that is exactly what these men and women are doing when they post very old and blurry pictures. They all must be Swamp Land Salespeople!
 c_deacon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:30:54 AM
As someone that has been on here for some time, and have met quite a few over the years, most have not been as their pictures........

Unfortunately, I have walked right past some that I was to meet because their pictures were not recent, or they had ones that did not truly show body type and more, or they had a life situation that caused them to gain much more weight then the pictures posted.

Every once in awhile, you run into someone that looks even better then their pictures, and you just stand there and say........"Thank You"........

For me, the pictures are just the base foundation for meeting and once that occurs, it will be personality, style, and brain power that will either build on that foundation or make it crumble.

Just my opinion......
 EC22
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:59:04 AM
I think some people can look better in person than in their pics especially if they aren't photogenic. I think some other people can look worse in person than in their pics especially if they use deceptive pics such as a fat woman with a nice face having a pic that only shows her face.
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/6/2007 3:08:46 PM
I've seen some of everything...some people who look alot better in person. Some who look the same pretty much...and some who looked alot better/different in their pics & didn't really look anything like what they did in their pics. Some of them must have used older pics.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/6/2007 5:06:03 PM
I've been very lucky. If we look back over 7 years of this, I have to say ~ most of the men I have agreed to meet have been better looking in person. There have been a couple of exceptions to that, not many. Several were just absolutely stunning ~ not so in pictures, but in person.
 1_tame_tiger
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/6/2007 5:16:39 PM
It happened to me.. She was the third woman I dated after my seperation. We had chatted online for about a month (she was leary of meeting or dating me because my divorce wasn't final) and had exchanged photo's there. She only had one pic and told me she didn't think she took good pictures. Of course i thought, like the other's I had met her pics probably looked better than she did in person.
She only live an 45 minutes away and finally agreed to let me take her to dinner one night. After chatting for a month and only having seen 1 pic I was anxous to see what she really looked like, expecting the worst of course but when she greeted me at the door I was simply blown away.. She was really gorgeous..
We only dated for about 3 months but the experience taught me to not be so judgemental or form too many opinions of a person before meeting them.
 randomstoic
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:26:20 PM
I think the magic of personal contact just defeats pictures. You look into somebody's eyes and feel incredible magic. Conversely, you can accompany Helen of Troy and the only thought to cross your mind might be--couldn't the Greeks have wasted their time on something better, like stealing a the sacred Alexandrian goat?
 Miss W
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:28:50 PM
Aside from a couple of people with old pictures most everyone I've met has looked better in person. This applies to both men and women.
 OutMind
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:50:31 PM
Yeap. Happened twice. Her picture was very stiff, as if she was a robot. In real life she was much better, kind of like a mix between Michelle Phyfer and Bo Derek, but with normal hair. The other time, she actually didn't have a picture. So I was going to discard her, but at the last moment she send me a phone picture. It was okay. We went out and she turned out to look like Jackeline Bisset, but with a much better looking as$.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?