Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > What is love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jason2k7
Msg: 1
What is love?Page 1 of 1    
Why do we close our eyes when we sleep? When we imagine? When we kiss?

Maybe this is because the most beautiful things in the world are unseen.

Maybe we are all a little weird and life is a little weird and when we find someone who's weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in a mutual weirdness and call it love.

There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind,
but keep in mind that letting go isn't the end of the world, it's the beginning of a new life.

Happiness lies for those who hurt, those who cry, those who have searched and those who have tried. only they can appreciate the importance of the people who have touched their lives.

What is a great love? Maybe it's when you shed tears and still you care for her, Maybe it's when she ignores you and still you long for her. Maybe it's when she begins to love another and yet you still smile and say I'm happy for you.

If love fails, set yourself free remember you may find love and lose it, but when love dies,
you never have to die with it. The strongest people are not those who always win but those who stand back up when they fall. Somehow along the course of life, you learn about yourself and realize there should never be regrets, only a lifelong appreciation of the choices you've made.

What is a true friend? A true friend is the person that understands when you say, I forgot, waits forever when you say, just a minute, stays when you say leave me alone, opens the door even before you knock and say can i come in? Maybe loving is not how you forget but how you forgive, not how you listen but how you understand, not what you see but how you feel, and not how you let go but how you hold on.
Maybe it's more dangerous to weep inwardly rather than outwardly. Outward tears can be wiped away while secret tears can scar forever.
In love, very rarely do we win but when love is true, even if you lose, you still win just for having the tingle of loving someone more than you love yourself. There comes a time when we have to stop loving someone not because that person has stopped loving us but because we have found out that they'd be happier if we let go.

It's best to wait for the one you want rather than to settle for one that's available. Best to wait for the one you love rather than the one who is around. Best to wait for the right one because life is too short to waste on just someone.

Sometimes the one you love turns out to be the one who hurts you the most, and sometimes the friend who takes you into her heart and hurts with you, turns out to be the love you never knew you wanted.

If you really love someone never let go, don't believe that letting go means that you love best, instead fight for your love, that's what true love is. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched They must be felt with the heart.
 KittyBratt
Msg: 2
What is love?
Posted: 11/16/2005 4:19:19 PM
what is love?? I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT LOVE IS.. The answer to that is your own opinion. What love is to one person may not be the same as to what it is to someone else.. that doesnt make neither one of you wrong. Love is whatever u believe it to be.

My opinion though.. Love is when two people know every single flaw the other has... and are comfortable with it. Accepting of them all even if u will forever bit** from time to time about the little annoying things... Love is when u can do ur hair and makeup in the bathroom while the other one's in the bath or even taking a shit... love is when u know every single childhood story about the other one by heart and even tell a few to others b/c they're just so darned cute... Love is when u stop trying to impress ur partner by sucking in, and wearing makeup, and watching ur language.. and start impressing them by doing the dishes, or doing something else nice for a change that u normally dont do that isnt expected of u anymore. Love is letting out ur anger in front of them the way u'd never do in front of others.. Love is HONESTY, TRUST, FORGIVENESS, and also attraction of course.. maybe not the way u were attracted to "her" when u first laid eyes on her.. but definitely attracted to her b/c shes smart, funny.. generous... and while staring at her in her sweats and oversized t-shirt as she watched Law & Order SVU.. u suddenly become aroused and let her know in ur little way that u want to have sex.. like asking to cuddle and then smirking b/c u know that she knows u dont ever just cuddle.. :) Love is calling ur man ***hole, but when hearing someone else say so... u defend him. Love is never ending... it is on going to the point that if I dont stop explaining now about what I think love is... then this post would be a mile long.
A little cheer to love: Cheers to the ones we love. Cheers to the ones who love us. If the ones we love dont love us.. then screw them.. cheers to us!
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > What is love?