Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 huhoney
Msg: 2
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 1 of 77    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i think it helps to be on the same page. especially if medical is involved.
 Dachrisman
Msg: 3
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:48:03 AM
i think it helps to be on the same page. especially if medical is involved

Expecially when pot is your medication of chioce!
 undercover blonde
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:49:26 AM
I prefer not to be around it and will not date someone that uses it.
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:03:07 AM
I'm with undercoverblonde

Nada III
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:44:20 PM
I like POF to add a catagory to the settings page that reads:
"Pot Smoker"

A pot head
b occasionaly/ socially
c rarely
d never, up-tight, freek.................

Douglajl
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:50:28 PM
Depends, are we talking about lighting a doobie at the end of the day or smoking a bowl?

Or are we talking about flaming up on the bong every 2 hours?

I don't smoke it, don't really care for the smell of it but I don't mind if someone partakes of the herb, just don't abuse it.
 Nada III
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:58:25 PM
herb.........herb is a plant...........!, -Bob Marley
 acburbank97
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 8:26:16 PM
If it happens rarely, then who cares but I'm not a fan of it. Just doesn't do much for me.....
 Dime12804
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 8:30:35 PM
I've been learning a lot in exploring the dating circle, but something has startled me.

How is it that I have gone nearly 30 years through life knowing that people are really judgmental creatures and the idea escaped my mind when considering who may or may not be interested in me??? LMAO.

My opinion on just about everything is, I have to know more before passing judgment. I have never been able to base any opinion on even my own experiences, let alone on popular opinion.

I'm a huge advocate for reforming current marijuana laws in America. I'm not a "pot head" either. LOL. I have smoked and I quit because, as some would say, I grew up. LOL. I realized I had too much to lose (a young family) considering the current (hypocritical) state of the laws concerning marijuana.

I don't miss it. I'd probably hardly ever touch the stuff if it were to become legal. Still, I don't think marijuana makes the @sshole. The @sshole is what makes marijuana a bad thing.

As for dating. I have dated women that were pot smokers. Just as any other thing in life, some of them were genuinely nice ladies and quality company and others were your stereotypical burnout.

I'll take the quality company any day. Even if she does partake in herbal pleasures from time to time.
 Raven1
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/15/2005 9:57:59 PM
it its a regular habit then the answer would be hell-no!! :) It would just piss me off watching her waste her brain cells away like that.

You mean as opposed as to "wasting" brain cells via the use of alcohol?
Alcohol, which at one point in time was PROHIBITED just like the "illicit" substances we have today?

Sorry but some (probably most) of society is comprised of nothing but sheep, FOLLOWERS amongst the herd. Followers that are brain washed by Governments and Media.

I myself don't really smoke anymore. I used to, however, so I know what it's like and what the effects are. I don't condone it nor am I an advocate for drug use. I am neutral. It's like any other substance you put into your body. It can either have a positive or a negative effect.
All I can say is that people shouldn't knock something unless they have first hand experience of what is entailed.

Don't believe everything you read and/or hear.
How many people do you know of PERSONALLY or have read about that have killed themselves and/or others through vehicular homicide due to being under the influence of Marijuana as opposed drunk drivers? Or people beating their husbands, wives and/or kids after being intoxicated through Marijuana as opposed to the physical violence undergone after the use of alcohol. People dying from alcohol poisioning? Then there's the matter or liver problems/failure and other health issues.

YET ALCOHOL USE (EVEN IF ONLY MODERATE - BTW: WHO DETERMINES WHAT IS MODERATE AND WHAT IS NOT?) IS ACCEPTED THROUGHOUT SOCIETY!

Those in western civillisation are VERY closed and narrow-minded in regards to alot of things. Whether it be sex, drugs, race, colour, creed, religion, etc.
It is because of this mindset that we here in North America have the problems that now plague us.
Do you know in Iceland the police officers do not carry guns? Their crime rate is so low that it's not necessisary! Mothers usually go shopping together and leave their children UNATTENDED in their strollers outside for a little while as (they say the exposure to the cold fresh air is healthy) they go into the store to do their shopping. (try doing this in North America and see if you don't get jailed for child endangerment much less be lucky to come out and find your child still there!). That's the kind of f*cked up society we live in.
It's also not unusual to have sex on the first date for them. Meanwhile here we are so hung up on the issue of sex, something that was meant to be enjoyable (for BOTH parties), healing, natural, an expression of intimacy toward one another, AND, our gift to be able to procreate.

The point I am trying to make is to show the difference amongst those of us throughout humanity and the difference a little bit of liberation and open-mindedness can make. I believe mankind would lead a MUCH more enjoyable life/lifestyle if it they could learn to be a little more accepting and willing to expand their hoizons and leave that comfort zone every now and then to venture off a little bit.

I've always been a very deep and intellectual individual. The use of such substances such as Marijuana just allowed me to tap into my inner-most thoughts. It allowed me the ability to express myself much more fluently and articulately. Enabled me to tap into a part of my subconscious that I was never truly able to reach under normal circumstances.

A little bit of willingness and open-mindedness, to and from one another and what's out there could prove a great a great deal satisfactory!
Nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes.

** IM GOING TO END THIS COMMENTARY WITH SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT. A WRITING BY A FRIEND OF MINE.

"Why use drugs?

For the same reason there is Alchemy. The same reason we have gods. They raise us above our attachments and remove our emotional bounds to show us a different point of view. They teach us of higher worlds, and give us a glimpse of our own from a higher point of view. They cause us to understand our motivations and circumscribe our desires. They motivate us to create holy (great) monuments, inspire teachings of greatness, and have also led to our present development.

The question is not why use drugs, but why refuse?"

by: Kyle

Raven out

p.s - a failry eloquent/articulate speech coming from those who suffer from brain damage don't you think?

:lol:
 Raven1
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:17:48 PM

I wouldn't sink to chatting with a pot smoker, let alone date them - so I'd have to say 'no', for me.

SINK?

Is that to say that you think as a human being you are above any other due to your actions (or lack thereof)?

Knowledge and intellect are what truly distinguishes us from one another. Anyone can perform any actions, good or bad. Not everyone is capable of reaching a higher elevation or state of mind. Not everyone is capable of depth or intelligence or true foresight.

The IGNORANCE from your aforementioned statement just identified your dulled frame of mind and arrogance.

michaeljustin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:49:17 PM
It would just piss me off watching her waste her brain cells away like that.
lmao.why do people think it kills brain cells? brain washed in schools i guess?..lol..such a old myth...i dont even smoke weed..but i know some people who do..but alcohall..prozak...zoloft..those drugs are legal and have alot worse long term effects then weed..only thing dif is weed is illegal..it has never been linked to cancer..and most of it is propoganda...so many myths floating around as gods truth about it...it has so many uses for people hurting and suffering..or just having a bad run at life...alcohal how ever does cause brain damage!! but its legal..plain silly

Two new scientific studies have failed to find evidence
of brain damage in monkeys exposed to marijuana, undercutting
claims that marijuana causes brain damage in humans.
The studies were conducted by two independent
research groups. The first, conducted by Dr. William Slikker,
Jr. and others at the National Center for Toxicological Research
in Arkansas examined some 64 rhesus monkeys, half of which
were exposed to daily or weekly doses of marijuana smoke for
a year. The other, by Gordon T. Pryor and Charles Rebert at SRI
International in Menlo Park, California, which is still
unpublished, looked at over 30 rhesus monkeys that had inhaled
marijuana one to three times a day over periods of 6 to 12
months. Neither study found evidence of structural or
neurochemical changes in the brains of the monkeys when
examined a few months after cessation of smoking.

References:

William Slikker, Jr. et al, "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus
Monkey," Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 17: 321-32 (1991)

Guy Cabral et al, "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Alters Alveolar Macrophage
Morphology and Protein Expression, Pharmacology Biochemistry and
Behavior 40: 643-9 (1991)

Merle Paule et al., "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey
II: Effects on Progressive Ratio and Conditioned Position
Responding," Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
260: 210-22 (1992)

2) POT FOUND NOT TO CAUSE FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME

A new study of children born to marijuana-smoking
mothers found no link between marijuana exposure and the
birth defects of fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS). The new study,
by Dr. Susan J. Astley of the University of Washington,
published in the January, 1992 issue of Pediatrics,
contradicted a 1982 study by Dr. Ralph Hingson, in which
prenatal exposure to marijuana was found to increase the risk
of FAS.
Hingson's results, which have not been replicated, have
been questioned on various methodological grounds, in
particular the difficulty of controlling for combined drinking
and pot use.
The new study looked for facial deformities
symptomatic of FAS in 40 children whose mothers had smoked
marijuana heavily during pregnancy and 40 controls, It found no
association between marijuana and FAS, but deformities were
observed in children of women who drank 2 ounces of alcohol
per day or took cocaine.

(3) NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's
typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
 Raven1
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:11:53 PM
I will never knowingly date someone who currently smokes pot, its immature, and stupid, lowers sperm count, and leads to memory loss, and once again is just plain stupid. I would even hesitate to date someone who has smoked pot in there life time. But thats difficult to do haha. I am very antismoking, but I would rather date a cigarette smoker than a pot head. I mean come on men in your 30's smoking pot GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going back to my initial post: Alcohol has been known to be damaging (if not more than Marijuana). Yet the majority of society sees it as acceptable. Why is that? Is it because your government dictates what is acceptable and what is not and you all as sheep (followers) amongst the flock just follow as you are directed?

As for memory loss. You claim to not (nor ever) have smoked Marijuana. Therefore, what is your excuse for memory loss? ENGLISH LIT 101!!!
Something that we ALL learned in elementary school. The difference between THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE, or have you since forgotten?
I think you meant THEIR not THERE. Their is usually adhered to when discussing ownership or speaking of a person (people), whereas THERE is usually used when describing location (ex: he went over there).

You mention stupid as if you claim throne to intelligence yet I don't see one word that expresses intelligence written by you! The words you chose to write with are nothing more than those that could come from a child. (sorry to say)
I have shown myself to be far more articulate than you (and I'm an ex smoker) which by the way is one sign of intelligence. (not trying to "toot my own horn" but am just trying to prove a point". Despite what one may think smokers are not "burn-out", skateboarders with no direction in life and nothing going for them.

DUDE!!! WHERE'S MY CAR?
=P

I don't know about stupid or immaturity as I've had some SERIOUS debates and philosophical discussions made under the influence of friend Mary Jane ;)
Discussions that would most likey baffle your mind and cognitive understanding. Such that would be beyond your level of comprehension.

Excessive alcohol consumption can also lower sperm count btw.

You state, (and I quote) "I would even hesitate to date someone who has smoked pot in there life time." Why is that? Due to the fact that there are people out there that aren't as closed/narrow/simple-minded as yourself? Due to the fact that there are people out there that have the understanding that life is one great learning lesson? Life is about experience and with that experience comes understanding.

No offence but you seem to be the one displaying immaturity with your LOW-level of thinking and one-track mindedness!

ONE LAST NOTE: YOU MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU ARE "ANTI-SMOKING" BUT IF GIVEN THE CHOICE YOU WOULD RATHER DATE A CIGARETTE SMOKER THAN A MARIJUANA SMOKER. WHAT BENEFIT(S) ARE THERE FROM CIGARETTES? N-O-N-E
CIGARETTES HAVE NOT BEEN SHOWN TO DISPLAY ANY MEDICINAL OR HEALING EFFECTS UNLIKE MARIJUANA HAS. MARIJUANA HAS BEEN USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH GLAUCOMA PATIENTS, CANCER PATIENTS, HIV/AIDS PATIENTS ETC.
IT IS QUITE THERAPUTIC.

DarkestB4Dawn
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:40:03 PM
WOW, I was all ready to comment on this thread but it seems that Raven has said EVERYTHING that I was thinking or felt. Good job Raven. If I said I would never date anyone who drank, or ever took a drink of alcohol in their lives...would this be fair? I don't drink, so in the thinking that I have seen posted on here, that is the thing I should do. Oh wait, I don't like Broccoli, maybe I shouldn't date anyone who eats that either. Sounds childish huh? YES I smoke Marijuana. Not on a regular basis. I have went LONG periods of time without smoking it. It is not an addiction for me. But it is something that I choose to do every once in a while. If someone is going to pass me up because of this...I am SO grateful. I do not want nor have the patience to have someone in my life with such narrow minded views. I want a partner who is open minded, RESEARCHES the FACTS before presenting their version of the TRUTH, and allows a person to be who they are without judgement. It is CLEARLY stated in my profile that I occasionally smoke marijuana, for this purpose. "WEEDS" out the idiots and narrow minded people.

Again, good job RAVEN! Well said!
 Raven1
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:56:59 PM
**ATTN: Moderator

please remove this post (double post)
I must have smoked too much...lol
 Raven1
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:59:19 PM
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

*takes a bow and goes off to smoke a joint and kill some more of those brain cells he depleted when he was younger*

may i indulge you in a puff dawn?

MotherNature
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:13:58 AM
Can nonSmokers handle smokers?
In a word. O.kay two words,..
...... EMPHATICALLY NO!

They can not.
Kind of in the same way as cigarettes, but throw in a massive dose of "holier than thou"

~MotherNature (from a long line of smokers)
 DarkestB4Dawn
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:19:15 AM
puff puff pass raven! LOL
 Gentleman for you
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:46:24 AM
Okay if you have smoked weed for several years now and yet in ur profile do you do drugs? It says no. So that tells me one of two things. Either option 1 Weed has killed two many brain cells and you have spasms on memory loss as to if u do it at the time or Option 2 your Just as much of a Trash talking Lyin SOB that one can spread online? I think Option Both? Get ur lies and stories straight. You will never meet a decent normal guy that way. Lying is a crime and if under the write cercumstances it is punishiable by law under perjury. Bottom Line cut the BS. And just be Honest. I dont smoke dope, but have grown use to ppl around me that have as long as they dont do it often. But You on the Other hand, people like you make people like me more disapproving of it. If you Do it, fess up, dont lie to everyone on the internet and come here and post replys. Ur doubletalkin urself, and makin you look like an idiot. Thanks for giving me the oppertunity to shut you down. Oh wait... you already did that your self when you lied. As far as the rest of you. I am not all up and heavily against it, so dont get on my case. If you Smoke It proudly, Admit it proudly. Its ur choice not mine and i respect that. So respect everyone else that respects your right and be honest with them. Nothin Ticks me off more than a lier, especially a potsmoker who lies about it. Have some dignity man
 michaeljustin
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:59:25 AM
than a lier, especially a potsmoker who lies about it. Have some dignity man
maybe because its illegal? lol..you never know who is on the other end of this machine..cops are doing alot of online bust... pot does not kill your brain cells...read this again..lol..btw i dont smoke.

Two new scientific studies have failed to find evidence
of brain damage in monkeys exposed to marijuana, undercutting
claims that marijuana causes brain damage in humans.
The studies were conducted by two independent
research groups. The first, conducted by Dr. William Slikker,
Jr. and others at the National Center for Toxicological Research
in Arkansas examined some 64 rhesus monkeys, half of which
were exposed to daily or weekly doses of marijuana smoke for
a year. The other, by Gordon T. Pryor and Charles Rebert at SRI
International in Menlo Park, California, which is still
unpublished, looked at over 30 rhesus monkeys that had inhaled
marijuana one to three times a day over periods of 6 to 12
months. Neither study found evidence of structural or
neurochemical changes in the brains of the monkeys when
examined a few months after cessation of smoking.

References:

William Slikker, Jr. et al, "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus
Monkey," Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 17: 321-32 (1991)

Guy Cabral et al, "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Alters Alveolar Macrophage
Morphology and Protein Expression, Pharmacology Biochemistry and
Behavior 40: 643-9 (1991)

Merle Paule et al., "Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey
II: Effects on Progressive Ratio and Conditioned Position
Responding," Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
260: 210-22 (1992)
 DarkestB4Dawn
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:04:08 AM
gentleman, if you are talking about me, read the ENTIRE profile....I DO admit and then explain WHY I put NO to the drugs answer....won't go into it here, if you are THAT interested to know you will go and see for yourself.
 Raven1
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:14:42 AM
EXCUSE ME?

If that commentary was directed at me, you are gravely mistaken in your feeble-minded thoughts. I think perhaps you need to have your head examined. I stated I USED to smoke. I smoked Marijuana from the age of 16 upward you ignoramus!
Now I prefer going out with friends to a club or a bar and endulging in a few drinks, perhaps over some pool or just sitting through conversation as opposed to smoking. I have no reason to lie or hide anything. If others are disapproving of how I live my life that's their perogative. As long as they keep their opinions to themselves. I don't really care what others think of me. I don't need anyone's praise or acceptance.

As for meeting "a decent guy". Are you blind you simpleton? Do you not see my pic?
(unlike you without one, I have NOTHING to hide btw).
I AM A MALE!!!! MALE!!! MALE!!!
NOW WHY WOULD I BE LOOKING TO MEET ANOTHER MAN?

As for you and your "disapproving" of it. I couldn't care less of what you approve and disapprove of. I do not know you, you mean NOTHING to me. You have proven yourself ignorant AND arrogant. You are a dim-witted individual.

Do yourself a favour and go back to school. Come back here when you can properly compose a sentence.
Don't talk to me about frying brain cells. I still have more than you ever had!
You have not shut me down but have only proven your mental defeciency. The fact that you are thick in your head and irrational!

Raven1
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:28:56 AM
Dawn, I'm not sure who he's referring to. I thought you had drugs listed as "yes" in your profile and therefore he was attacking me.

It also might have been the way he lashed out and some of the things he said that made me believe it was directed towards another male. That and "have some dignity man" at the end of his useless drivel.

DarkestB4Dawn
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:42:43 AM
I'm not really sure who he meant Raven, nor do I really care. Not gonna keep me up all night worrying about it. Some people on this site seem to HAVE the NEED to bash others in order to make THEMSELVES feel and look better. Sad, but true. They spend countless hours searching for people to flame on. Little known fact to them, it doesn't hurt me nor upset me. I know who I am and my friends accept me for who I am, and vice versa. Therefor, I consider myself a very lucky woman. I don't have YES on the drugs question on my profile but I DO go into depth about my use of marijuana and the reason I don't have drugs marked yes...I don't do anything but marijuana and that is only every once in a while. There are many drugs and substances that I have NEVER and will NEVER partake in. I chose to explain this all in my profile. If a man is not reading my entire profile and merely going on a few yes or no questions and pics, it is HIS fault for being mis-informed as to who I am. Maybe the gentleman needs to get past the quick scan of the profiles and READ them ENTIRELY before passing JUDGEMENT. Hey, wait, I still don't know if he meant me or not...LOL But anyways.....Raven, don't sweat it, there is always someone out there to disagree with your opinion, some just do it in an intelligent way, some just babble incoherantly...we just have to deal with it I guess. Tis LIFE.
 kevn2012
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/16/2005 2:16:16 AM
A friend of mine has hiding his daily habit from his wife for 18 years. He is successfull, has 2 daughters on the honor roll, and has the best marriage of anyone I know. Yet when he drinks he becomes somewhat of an a-ss. His wife is fine with his drinking, yet if she found out he was smoking marijuana, I'm pretty sure it would be instant divorce, heartbreak, child support etc. I find it strange that there is such an inbalance of values when it comes to something we are told is illegal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?