Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > oh my god.....i'm over him      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 1
oh my god.....i'm over himPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
is it possible to have a sort of light bulb moment when you get over an ex? i had been having a hard time getting over a 4 year relationship.

i'm involved with someone now and i know it was stressful for him. i'd get that faraway look, cry for nothing.......you know the drill

but lately i have been getting stronger and today, i don't know, i just feel really really over him.

does that happen?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 2
oh my god.....i'm over him
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:49:37 PM
good to know, folks. thanks for the reassurance!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:56:34 PM
haha! i'll bet it did.

it is a good feeling. freeing!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/16/2005 2:00:48 PM
he deserves it. god he has been fantastic. he's let me know that he hates how i still felt about my ex, but that i was worth it.

i owe him big!!

i can't imagine being so lucky to have found someone like that
 ZarinaZ
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 12:40:15 AM
I surely hope so...I am dealing with that now..a fairly new break up after 3 years and he is in Iraq and doesn't want to deal with our relationship right now.."Move on he says"...right i am trying but it's not easy...I'm glad your light switched on..looking for mine.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:24:20 AM
Congratulations!

Now if only I could get over you....
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/12/2006 9:03:56 AM
it's been a little over a year now.

having the occasional "moment" happens but i no longer daydream about what if...
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:43:18 PM
Yes, it happens, then you get your period, and WHAM! you're back to crying again.
But it does get easier as time goes on, until finally you stop crying completely. And you look at the man in your arms and think 'What was I crying so much for?'
Beth
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/14/2009 12:16:02 AM
i think one of the biggest healing gifts that an ex can give you is for you to realize that he doesn't want you and doesn't care. if he did he would be with you. why would you want somebody who rejects you?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > oh my god.....i'm over him