Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with the victim: When does no mean no?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Relationship with the victim: When does no mean no?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
If no is no...no money will suffice...only jail time. Doesn't matter if yer getting hot and heavy, you say no, male or female..it is still no, pull the cord and stop. No IS NO....

RAINBOW...very true, sad, but true....
 arri
Msg: 10
Relationship with the victim: When does no mean no?
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:30:00 PM
I agree. I don't think that rape victims should be allowed to recieve settlements, essentially in return for dropping criminal charges.

Criminal charges are pressed by the DAs office in US and the Crown in Canada and no amount of settlement would influence them.

There are legal definitions for rape, so I guess 'no' right before orgasm wouldn't really count unless they had some kind of verbal agreement about where he is going to spew his stuff.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:37:19 PM
If it were me, I'd rather see them spend time in jail then get a dime of their scummy money!!! That would reassure me that there would be less chance of them ever hurting anyone else that way!!!
 arri
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:41:00 PM
Somebody should do a standard boinking contract and market it ... it will come to that
 Tinkle
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:37:39 AM
If u ask someone if you can pee on them, and they say no... that probably means no. Other than that, hell if I no, er know.
 mystlw
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:47:44 AM

Rape isn't about sex. It's about dominion. It's about control. It's about violence. Whores cannot cure it.

Thank you. I was hoping someone would make this statement. Rapists don't want sex from anyone who would give it willingly, and legalized prostitution wouldn't change that.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:29:51 AM
maybe...just maybe....she took a settlement so she wouldn't have to relive it in court, or have her character questioned. i don't blame her

also, was this must have surely been the civil part and not the criminal part. she wouldn't get money in the criminal part unless it was restitution.

right?

she did nothing wrong
 Synical
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/18/2005 5:59:35 AM
I don't think she was raped. If she was then she wouldve went through with the trial regardless of her background and his status as a star, I know it would have been tough but hell if she really wanted justice served she wouldve went through with it even if she would have lost.

Do you know what happens to a woman who goes into court as a victim of rape?

Her morals are questioned, her personality and every move she's ever made are questioned and attacked. Insinuations and attacks made on her character, her life, her frienships, her way of life, her habits, etc.

She walks into that courtroom scared to death. Its hard enough to finally face the guilt (and they DO feel guilty, even when they shouldn't ...they blame themselves for bringing it on, even when that isn't true), and to face the attacker in front of all those strange people, and then are attacked by lawyers, media and everyone else who hears the story. She may walk in a victim, but she ends up walking out feeling like the victimizer.

Don't presume that if she was telling the truth she would have gone ahead with the trial. There are many reasons not to.
 Synical
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/19/2005 5:51:20 PM

That's all the more reason, IMO, to NOT accept any type of monetary settlement.

I agree with that completely ... I was only referring to the line that stated that if it were true she would have gone through with the trial .. thats a broad assumption with no basis. There are hundreds of reasons these days not to continue with a trial.

The monetary settlement I don't agree with in the least, nor do I understand it. In that situation, , no amount of money would have helped or eased a damn thing, and would have only succeeded in making the victim feel "bought". I also agree with the person who posted earlier that there shouldn't be monetary settlements for rape cases ... it defies the whole purpose. The point is to punish the accused, not to financially benefit the victim.
 lexi46
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 12:39:08 PM
The sad story is, even though everyone knows OJ is guilty, who is powerful enough to apply justice??? He got away...relatively easy, and he is GUILTY. What does that tell you. The rich simply walk away, because they can afford to pay plenty of money, to buy their way out of their crimes. OJ, is the perfect example of that. We all know he is guilty. So why do we allow it??? We allow it, because we have no control over our justice system. We allow it, because WE, the people, cannot get united, to kick the crooked politicians out on their butts. We allow it, because we have grown too lazy to protest, and even if we did.....nobody listens. The media is being manipulated by the Government, we all know that, so the little guy, "us", we have our hands tied. If we scream too loud, we're likely to be labeled as troublemakers, or worse, as terrorists, so we have to protect ourselves, and stay quiet. I for one, would love to tell them all how I feel. It is about time that we ALL tell them (the politicians) to get off their fat ass ets and start earning their keep. They've made their own existance very cushy, very comfortable, and hopefully permanent. Would you give it up, if you had created a goldmine for yourself. They have created a perfect life for themselves. They get life time pensions of $800,000 a year, with of course, regular cost of living increases, expense accounts with lots of other perks. Do you think that they eat at Wendy's or any other fast-food place. Hell, no, they want the best, and they GET the best. If I could do my life over again, I would study to become lawyer and from there straight into politics. I remember being at my lawyer years ago, when I still had the business. He (my lawyer)
looks me straight in the face, and says: "What is 7 x 5???? I looked at him, totally perplexed, and he said: "What is it?" I answered and said 35, of course. I should have said 38, to throw him for a loop.....lol
He is now in the Government!! He's got it made for life, however he didn't know 5 x 7. Isn't it pathetic?? This is what "rules" out country today. How sad, how unacceptable!!
Lexi46
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with the victim: When does no mean no?