Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What if you see someone on here that you know?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Anticipation
Msg: 1
What if you see someone on here that you know?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was scrolling through profiles, came across a picture that looked familiar. He's a client of mine! Made me want to pull my pictures off and even hide my profile. I know, what a big chicken, but really...what do you do when you see someone that you know in a business sense on here? Do you contact them, or just ignore it and hope they never say anything? When it comes to online dating, I am not ashamed of it, but I tell who I want to. I usually don't mention it to my clients, it is a personal thing. Help!
 kas*
Msg: 2
What if you see someone on here that you know?
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:24:39 PM
My friend dated this guy, he's a total hottie (but annoying as hell)..he said that only ugly losers were on pof.

after they broke up...guess who i saw! lol mr. too good for pof!
 fairyeyez
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:25:47 PM
Meh, it used to bother me but doesn't anymore.
 CountryChick66
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:27:08 PM
I have yet to see anyone I know on here....
I wouldn't let it bother you...If they say something to you, just say to them, well I see you are on there too
 Endless Dreams
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:27:09 PM
I am sure this guy is going to thinkt he same thing when he sees your picture. That is, if he has a flare for detail and would even put the two and two together. I think if you are going to be ashamed of your online dating, and if you don't want people to know about it, then why the heck are ya here?!?! How annonymous is this really, I could potentially run into any of you on the streets of Vancouver. Lets all be confident on our decisions now.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:29:14 PM
lol I see tons..... doesn't bother me a bit...... everyone knows i'm on a dating site ... who cares lol
 pixEchick
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:31:02 PM
i wouldn't worry about it.

i've seen about 5 people i know and messaged all but one. actually dated one of them a few times. lol
 Anticipation
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:31:41 PM
Oh, I am not ashamed of online dating, but I would rather not have my clients know my personal life. It is completely seperate from business. I have a couple of sensual pics on my profile and the thought of someone I do business with seeing them just kinda creeps me out. Then again, he does have a torso shot on his so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned.
 Shenanigans26
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:34:12 PM
When you live in a small town, it's inevitable to run into people on here that you know. There's a guy that comes into my work about once a week, but we never talk about it. And I always get guys that recognize my friends from the pictures in my profile.
I like it here and I'm not ashamed to tell people about it.
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:34:46 PM
He is just looking for friends and love too. No need for anyone to be ashamed. I see people I know plenty.
 rambler6
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:46:59 PM
Only saw one. Actually from my highschool grad class.
 OpheliaImmortal
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:55:25 PM
I think it's awesome to see ppl you know. for me it's been ppl I haven't heard from in years and just lost touch due to schedules and junk.
it sounds stupid, but it almost seems like you now have a bond with that person because you spotted each other on POF. something just you two now have to build from

I'm making myself wretch for how cheesy that sounds.......sorry
 Draxx
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:00:18 AM
I came across the receptionist at a very close friends work, said hello, we dated for awhile and are still good friends to this day.
I say .....say hello, don't be "ashamed" aren't we all Human?......well some I question, but most of us?
 _þîérçêd4play™
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:53:48 AM
I dont do any thing i'm embrassed about...*unless i'm drunk*... and if some one i knew said they saw me in here or i saw them in here i would leave it alone and wish them luck......if asked.
were bound to run across people we deal with but hey you run into them at the mall aswell!.
P2P
 beckandcallgirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/18/2005 6:54:41 AM
I ran into an old colleague, and emailed him. It was good to talk to him, and compare success stories about the site.

And last weekend - at the POF party in Kelowna, I ran into an ITtech I know through our local chamber, who I saw on Lava Life. He was in the bar, I said hi and told him where I saw his profile - Duxsnsuds pipes up - Come on over to POF! It was fantastic!

We are who we are - and maybe, as much as it doesn't seem to be your 'business face' its good for clients to remember that you have a life outside of work. Then when they call you at 9pm at night, expecting stuff done the next morning, they will feel a lot more guilty, and not complain about the 20% surcharge on their bill.
 ya472
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:12:58 AM

I have a couple of sensual pics on my profile and the thought of someone I do business with seeing them just kinda creeps me out.

When someone questions what they post, why post it ?

You attract what you post.

When someone posts sensual pics, I hope they don't complain about attracting 'creeps' who are just interested in sex. If someone is selling sex, then they attract those who buy it.

( sensual is sex )
 Rock-Solid
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:24:41 AM
What a person does on their personal time is "their" business, we all have a right to live our lives the way we want, its called "freedom of choice". By the way Anticipation, nice pics...
 Doc Sage
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:35:37 AM
See someone I know on POF. Great, I am not the only looser in here.

Not shy about being on a dating site. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Doc
 Roy1
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:50:58 AM
I agree with doc...I dont advertise that im on here to my attached friends but im not ashamed of it either..also I have found a couple of old friends and have renewed the friendships....so its all good in pof land
 K3VLAR
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:54:26 AM
I saw a girl on here that I go to school with
 Personal Detailer
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:58:16 AM
Actually came across some old friends that ended up moving across Canada....that was cool to reunite....its only been 15 years....came across a few clients on here....had some good chuckles....so I think that it shouldnt matter if you find someone you know on here...and if you do, & you dont like them or dont want to talk to them...then ya just hit the ol block button...prob solved....
 Missy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/18/2005 8:31:03 AM
Is he cute Anticipation?? lol

I found both of my sisters on here - now THAT was wierd - hmmm should go check for my brother too maybe hehe... lol

I also found someone I went to school with (mobiledj) and someone that hung out with people I grew up with (sucsess). It was fun reminiscing. Hey Mobile, did you ever find your annual? (I'm guessing yes that's why you've not said hi since lmao )
 Personalized
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/18/2005 8:33:36 AM
Coming from a small town I know a few people on here even in Vancouver through work related projects. We hold a mature and responsible relationship as it is strictly work. I do not judge her and she does not judge me. Why we not together? lol... she is 42 while I am 27.
 Rus
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:33:45 AM
I told a few friends to come here. Now they are lurkers.
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:43:44 AM
Ive seen lots of ppl I know in RL.. ppl I graduated with, ppl I work (or worked) with, friends... I think its great! I send them notes to say "hi.. come to the forums!"
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What if you see someone on here that you know?