Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Women contacting men- does it happen or is this still the 19th centur      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Caspian
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Women contacting men- does it happen or is this still the 19th century ?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just something that I thought was a little curious. I have read that women outnumber men by 3 to 1 on this site. I was just wondering how many women are willing to take the first step in contacting someone. I have read numerous comments from both sexes about how they can't find a boyfriend/girlfriend. I am quite certain that guys have contacted women, but I am curious about how many women on here contact men. Just a musing thought that was crossing my mind this morning
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Women contacting men- does it happen or is this still the 19th century ?
Posted: 8/19/2006 9:17:07 PM
Well I've been contacted by a number of women here. They were all good. Lets keep expanding our social contacts and see what happens.
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/20/2006 8:01:55 AM
Gotta admit - I'm not one to make the first contact ............. altho if I read a profile where something makes me giggle or catches my eye - I'll put him in my favorites - and often will get an email from him as a result ..............

Otherwise, I'm really just a shy kinda gal ...............

PP
 Gravelroaddriver
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 10:03:47 PM
I've had very few women contact me....so much for equality among the sexes...We get the 'read-deleted' responses, and they get inboxes with a whack of emails to choose from. Hmmmm...whose egos are being stroked here?

I don't mind forward ladies at all. Shy is fine as well, but ladies, it is hard to contact you when you make no indications that you wish to be contacted....add me to your favourites, perhaps!
 Lucette325
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:40:25 AM
I've made first contact several times. I'm more shy in person than online...
 sparticuss
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:12:31 PM
Just something that I thought was a little curious. I have read that women outnumber men by 3 to 1 on this site. I was just wondering how many women are willing to take the first step in contacting someone. I have read numerous comments from both sexes about how they can't find a boyfriend/girlfriend. I am quite certain that guys have contacted women, but I am curious about how many women on here contact men. Just a musing thought that was crossing my mind this morning
========================
You heard that backwards Caspain.

On this site, as on most dating sites, the MEN outnumber theWoMEN by three to one.

The rest of it you are right about though. MOST women would rather sit back and wait till they are 40 year old virgins than make the first move. SOME would rather go through the agonies of cosmetic surgery than just ask the guy.

And this only get worse. In the area of dating the female culture is still in the 19 centruy. The woman, who make s the first move, is listed, in the female culture, as either a slut, or as dog ugly. Common sense dictates that just as many modern women, with and rreal brains, would have turned down a dozen unsuitable gusy before making a move on a suitable one but commonsense doens't cut it much with the female culture.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2006 7:05:51 PM
Sparticuss,

The woman, who make s the first move, is listed, in the female culture, as either a slut, or as dog ugly.

That's not my experience at all. There are all kinds of friendly, attractive, Canadian women, who know if they see something they like - they should consider making the first move.

The ladies here joke amoungst themselves about making the first move, look in the forums for references to Fargo or men's washrooms. It's all good. It's not the 19th century around here.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Women contacting men- does it happen or is this still the 19th century ?