Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are guys attracted to confident women?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JenniferDay
Msg: 8
Why are guys attracted to confident women?????Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Men dont like whiners, apparently !
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Why are guys attracted to confident women?????
Posted: 12/20/2004 7:37:36 PM

....why is it guys are always attracted to confident women?

Truly matters not, cause its all only just showtime anyways.
 giggleparts
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/20/2004 8:24:11 PM
You know I root for the underdog and I bet on the underdog, because I not only understand the underdog, I embody them. Confidence is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the hope and the dream, everything else is over-hyped nothingness.

If you ask 10 different people what confidence means to them, you will get 10 different answers and in each answer, will be a small grain of truth, but ultimately those answers mean little to you or me. The only thing that should matter is what kind of heart beats inside the man or woman you are interested in, it’s their heart that matters, it’s their hopes and dreams.
 dodge-and-burn
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/20/2004 11:19:47 PM
I went out with a girl once who had no confidence or self esteem. Always had to argue. She felt dumb if she couldn't do something right and would cry.

I brought her out of that and today she is a lot more confident.

But never again. Too difficult to handle. You always have to reassure them, and support them and blah, blah, blah. She refused to say to herself that she was a hot chick and act a little cocky.

Way too much maintenance.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/21/2004 1:59:35 AM
indigorose33: ticket ? explain please

Confidence says little about you, and explains no more than the mindset one has in respect to something else. Confidence implies moving through despite possible opposition, and is more than often "used" as a way to project onesself - That's showtime only.

Someone that has little knowledge about something will easily have their 'Confidence' broken by those that know better. Consequently, 'Confidence' not supported with a base such as knowledge amounts to nothing more than a mirage, a pretense of something that suppossedly exists - nothing more than make-belief. Concentrating on 'Confidence' instead of that which actually upholds it, is not confidence, but a House of Cards easily pushed over by the first Wind.

People sometimes, for the lack of actual knowledge, will often engage into all sorts of rituals & exercises of sorts to convince themselves of their Beliefs, Ideas & their Righteousness. It is these self-generated 'Beliefs' they hold onto with tenaciousness that gives the impression of 'Confidence'.

So now you have somebody that knows 'F*** All' but insists he is completely right in his Beliefs - since his Objection is not about the correctness of the knowledge, but about his ability to 'Stand his Ground'.

Such People are blind, and even though they come across with complete Conviction, often end up making Idiots out of themselves.

'Confidence', in the absense of 'Knowledge' is a frail State of Affairs at best. Those in the 'Know' are rarely ever intimidated by those that want to appear 'Confident'.

Real 'Confidence' requires no second thought about 'Confidence'. Know your stuff, and everything automatically falls into place.

Sometimes we see a Speaker with a lot of Confidence and then wonder what gives them this Sense of Self Certainty. Its actual knowledge, not Beliefs, nor Ideas nor anything one is desperately trying to hang onto.

Teanagers often focus themselves on issues such as being 'Confident' as they are about to enter the 'Real World' and they know little about it. So they try to figure themselves out and what is 'wrong' with themselves, etc. blah-blah-blah, never realizing they still have a lot to learn of the ways of the World.

Granted, a Salesman can portray 'Confidence' when selling something by leaving the impression he is 'knowledgeable' about the item of sale. But if he doesn't in due time actually become 'knowledgeable' about the product, he is walking on thin Ice and he'll get shot down one day, along with his 'Confidence'.

Confident Women? Who cares?

Here is what really matters:

Is she a straight Shooter, is she creative, does she have a Love for Life, is she determined in her Goals, does she like to help others, can she remain constant to her spouse, is she industrious or enterprising, is she willing to learn new things, etc.

Taking this further into the zone of specifics, esp. in respect to a Dating Forum such as this, is she physically appealing, does she practice acceptable hygiene, does she share similar Sexual practices along the same lines, etc.

An Obsession with 'Confidence' is an admission of ignorance - nothing more, nothing less.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/22/2004 1:23:35 AM
Maybe it's just me but dosent one have to have confidence to be able to accomplish all these?

No. Going on the assumption that you can make a decision about something and then setting out to get it done. Anything else added to that are just the Spices.

Confidence is not merely arrogance its a realization that one is worth something ...

Not required. Nothing to do with that. You know how to do something, you make a decision to do it, and then set out to do it. Having achieved something is another piece of knowledge, which can bring about 'Certainty' and 'Confidence'. Knowledge is the Foundation of it all ...

... and a knowledge of what one knows they are capable of doing and takes pride in being able to do so.

... and a knowledge of what one knows ... That's what I already said.

If one does not have a certain amount of confidence then one will not see the point in even attempting or trying anything knew or finishing something or taking care of something because they will have it set in their mind that It doesnt matter b/c they dont think they are not good enough or that they simply just can't do it there for they won't do it.

Cutting yourself down as above is another matter altogether, not to be confused with 'Confidence'. Fighting "Cutting Yourself Down" using the antidote of 'Confidence' is ass-backwards. Just stop cutting yourself down.

Now there is a certain level of over the top confidence that is classified as arrogance....then one is merely just being close minded and selfish.

^^^ Empty hollow Labels. ^^^ Amusing oneself with Ideas & Concepts. Has no bearing on anything practical. Irrelevant! ^^^ That's 'Condescendance', or 'Looking down on Others' and it has nothing to do with 'Confidence' and is something else altogether. Its more on the Order of an imagined 'Self-Protection Mechanism', than anything that resembles 'Confidence'.

Here is what I wrote about that in my first message:

People sometimes, for the lack of actual knowledge, will often engage into all sorts of rituals & exercises of sorts to convince themselves of their Beliefs, Ideas & their Righteousness. It is these self-generated 'Beliefs' they hold onto with tenaciousness that gives the impression of 'Confidence'.

1 a : a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way
2 : the quality or state of being certain.

Omitted from these definitions, if they are read carefully, is that 'Knowledge' is a pre-requisite of these.

Lets look at defintion 2: as an example. You have the 'quality or state of being certain' you can sell Ice to Eskimos. And exactly how long will one be having this 'Confidence'? Gonna go at it for 2 Decades blindly and with the "Mental Determination" even though you aren't selling anything. You are going to be in for a 'Wake-up' call when you become cognizant of the 'Knowledge' that they have plenty of Ice of their own for free, aside from the fact they do not need any.

I think that confident woman are a little more together than woman who lack confidence!

^^^ Completely baseless!

'Confident Women' can lie, cheat and injure others, and that does not mean she has it all together. Maybe it looks that way, but as I said before - its Showtime!

A Woman lacking 'Confidence' could be honest, faithful to her Spouse and likes to help others.

Where does having it a "little more together" come into this?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/22/2004 1:53:34 AM

Frankly the underconfident girls are easier, you can get them to do what you want by playing on there insecurities and they don't complain as much when you demand that they do the dishes first before you take them out!!!

Apples & Oranges again. A supposedly 'Confident' Woman can be agreeable to keep the Peace and easy to get along with. One with "Insecurities" can whip up all sorts of Stuff and whine away until the Cows come home.

Again, there is variability in this as well. Not always true.

However, if you prefer a Woman to be nicely 'tacked under your Thumb' as a preference over a Woman that doesn't take that kind of sh*t, then that's a warped way of thinking in its own right, and has nothing to do with 'Confidence'.

Should she however wake-up, or become 'Knowledgeable' of what you have been up to, then there is the 'Real Basis' of 'Confidence' and she is either gonna try to put you into your place or walk out on you.
Posted: 12/23/2004 6:00:45 PM
confidence is not arrogance.

arrogance is over confidence.
somewhat mixed with dillusional egos.

confidence on the other hand...
just means your not a push over, wishy washy, a kiss ass, a brown noser, a yes man.
your the leader, not the follower.
your in control, not everyone else is in control over you.

in girls, this is a great thing.
nothing worse then a wishy washy, depressing, mopey person, that just lets people walk all over them.
 stormycs
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2005 2:20:36 PM
Confidence translates into attractiveness because of the way you convey yourself. When you are confident, you are more comfortable with who you are, and it comes across in the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you hold yourself - all these small things translate into sexiness and attractiveness. Eevrything always comes down to the little things. :-)
 YamIhere
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2005 5:40:40 PM
OK, I just had to bring this to the top of page 1 to contrast the post about men "not" liking confident women. Do we really have you that confused? ... Wait, it could be that different men have different tastes... hmmmmmmm
 Shugo
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/9/2005 3:41:27 PM
What alot of other people said and men like women who wont blame them for their insecurties.
 discover
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:00:47 PM

Confidence translates into attractiveness because of the way you convey yourself.

It's true. I'm attracted to confident women because they convey a positive attitude of themselves. It's this positive attitude that I find attractive.
 always_striving
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:43:07 PM
Because they have the ability to get to the point instead of puszy-footing around. Odds are they will say what's on their mind instead of having to wait for the man to try and figure it out. I feel confident women don't have to imply things either. Implying things says you cannot communicate confidently.
 Fifi47
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/12/2005 3:34:19 PM
Some men are and some men are not attracted to confident women. Most of the men I have met seem to think that a confident woman is okay if she is good looking. Probably 80% of the men I have met in the past 4 years have told me that it is really odd and unattractive to them that I am a confident woman and I am an average looking larger woman. Guess the men for me are the ones who think that I am hot since it is difficult to be an average looking larger woman in today's world and have confidence.
 romanticbob
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/23/2005 2:32:05 PM
Men are attracted to confident women for the same reason women are attracted to confident men. Confident people make decisions. They normally know what they want in a relationship and are not afraid to announce it. They are the winners in life who have come to terms with themselves and everyone else. They are the leaders and each gender is instinctively or behaviorally aware of this.
 wiserd
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:58:57 PM
Personally, I like shy women as well as more confident ones (provided they eventually come out of their shell, and are interesting people.) But I've often misread someone's being shy for somone not liking me. I would find out later that they did and were just shy.

It's nice to have someone who can pull their end of the relationship. Of course, there's such a thing as 'too much' too. Humility is a good thing. Confidence does not mean arrogance or looking down at people.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:09:21 PM
im attracted to a confident woman cuz i know the chances of having
to change her diapers is radically reduced....
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:35:32 PM
guys are attracted to confident women because it means that they will not have to worry about them clinging on to them. I think people are attracted to confident people in general but a lot of times confidence is confused with arrogance. Confidence is also being humble and not having to put airs of superiority infront of others, be it in they way one acts or the way one speaks. When people act or talk in a contrived way, they are really hiding their feelings of inferiority.
 arri
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:48:05 PM
we like confident women ... because sex is better .. pure and simple
 arri
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:44:59 PM
^^^ Don't ever mistake shyness for lack of confidence .. or maybe .. he is looking for a woman who is confident enough to make the first move instead of just sitting there ... looking pretty
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:08:41 PM
Strong confident women are attractive to men in the same way women like a strong confident man. I love women that arent a doormat. that are strong willed and wont take sh!t from anyone. It doesnt mean they cant be feminine at the same time. its just they have a low tolerance for crap. Same as i do.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:05:33 PM
Personally i am not attracted to confident women...When i dated in my 20s was attracted to stable women...BIG difference...A stable women tend to go with a stable guy...Where a so call confident women love those MR.JERKS...These women scare me!!!!..A stable woman do not have time with MR.JERK!!!
 Fifi47
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:42:25 AM
Confidence means a woman wants a man, she does not need one (at least most of the confident women I know). I am a confident woman, but most of the men I have met seemed to think this is odd, since I am not tall, beautiful and divorced with children...for some reason the fact that I am short, plump, cute and single seems to mean that I cannot be cofident?
 Rebellious
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:21:47 AM
I love strong assertive women, and I wonder if I can date an insecure woman and transform her into a confident woman . . . Is it possible?
 Fifi47
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:27:15 AM
why does being shy have to do with being confident? Loud or verbose women are not always confident.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are guys attracted to confident women?????