Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ladies: What's the appeal of men with salt and pepper hair?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jack Worthing
Msg: 1
Ladies: What's the appeal of men with salt and pepper hair?!Page 1 of 1    
I get it all the time... Women and girls coming up and commenting on my salt and pepper hair... They it's sexy. They say it makes me look mature. They say it drips "charachter."

I want to know why some women are so enamoured with a graying male. I went gray young. I'm used to it. Sometimes I colour my hair, sometimes I leave it gray. Sometimes I let grow a little long, sometimes I cut it really short... What is the appeal? Why do women find it so attractive? I mean; I'm 35 and GRAY! No biggie to me. I'm just happy to still have a full head of nice thick hair.

So to the women out there: Please give us your best and most honest answers. If you've never dated a man with salt and pepper hair, but wanted to... Would you? If so, Why?

Test Friday.

Fondest Regards,
Jack Worthing
149 Belgrave Square\SW Gervase Park
(This is not a real adress by the way. Get 5 bonus marks for telling me where the adress comes from.)
 Coastergal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ladies: What's the appeal of men with salt and pepper hair?!
Posted: 11/22/2005 9:26:48 AM
Men are attractive for all kinds of reasons......
Each man has something different and unique.....
One man it may be his eyes
another his smile
another his cute buns
another might just have a sexy touch
An awesome kisser
Great chest

When I was 19... wowza.. a long time ago... I worked at a bank... and there was a man there that had pepper grey hair... I found him quite sexy.... It surprised me.... I have absolutely NO idea why I was so attracted to him................. I just was...

I played softball with a guy that was balding.. and found him quite sexy.... I have NO idea what it was...... I was just attracted to him..

It would be sooo awesome if we only had a clue!!!!!!

HMMM no bonus points for me.. :-( althought it sounds familiar...
 Jack Worthing
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/22/2005 9:35:54 AM
Ah yes... If we only had clue. But the fact is: "If clues were shoes; we'd all be runnin' around barefoot."

I always know what it is about a woman that attracts me to them. Usually it's two different things and until those "things" can be found in the same woman, I'm afraid I'll be single for a very long time. C'est la vie.
 ~ V
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/22/2005 12:56:51 PM
I love that look on a guy.. mind you as long as he is still looking 'young' but has the salt and pepper hair mmmm, but then again, i can be biased as I like my men a tad older than me.

The best combo is a nice tan, blue eyes, salt and pepper hair kept in a short cut on a man in his early to mid 30's.. very very sexy! oozes sexiness and appeal.

I would definitely be looking twice!

Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde (now where are my bonus points)
 Fractalwater
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:07:30 PM
Sorry for the bad pun... But I think women take the "Seasoned" thing too far.
 ~ V
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:11:23 PM
Explain please....
 Fractalwater
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:15:31 PM
^ This is exactly why I am single.

Salt and pepper are seasonings. Seasoned is a term for experienced or aged.

Salt and pepper are seasonings.

Seasoned means experienced or aged.

Follow?

Edit: As opposed to how I feel about your well thought out profile, the flame will still remain.
 lone justice
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:16:54 PM
I'm not crazy about gray hair myself. If a man is silver, that's fine, but gray is lackluster.
 ~ V
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:17:22 PM
uhh yeah I think I understand what seasoned means when used in that context smart @ss.. what I wanted to know what.. "what do you mean that women take the seasoned thing a little to far"

No need to come back at me like that for only wanting you to explain such a vague comment.

and you're not single for that reason.. you single for your attitude
 Fractalwater
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:20:04 PM
It was a joke, and you often see younger women with older men. Thats why I said it could be taken too far. You are reading too far into it.

So what do you think about Sean Connery?
 ~ V
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:22:12 PM
How is ones preference considered being taken to far.

And no, Sean Connery is too old. Think Jon Stewart,
 webwanderer
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:26:15 PM
Damn I wish women felt taht way about mine salt and pepper. I'm 37 and ove the last few years it has become noticable on the side of my head. I refuse to colour it to cover it unlesss I go with something like bright red or maybe the leopard spots I had a few years ago. In the meantime i just sit and stew and assumes everyone thinks I am older than i am.
 ~ V
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:27:28 PM
Don't colour it.. let it grow in naturally. If you dye it, when it grows out it will just look weird.. trust me
 webwanderer
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:33:39 PM
I have noticed that, especially with much older guys who just drugstore colours. Its noticable when they first do and even worse as it washes out. I have an ex gf who is a stylist and we are on good terms so I would only need to pay for supplies but I think I would rather save up and get some piercings again. Or finally save up enough for tatts, hair isn't really a big deal, I just shave it really short when the grey bugs me too much.
 Fractalwater
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/22/2005 1:39:50 PM
Lets look at it from this angle.

If a woman dates a man 20 years older than them, that would suggest that the man could possibly be a pedophile.

20 is to 40 as; 10 is to 30.

In the "How young is too young" thread, most men said 18 is as young as they will go. So what is stopping them? Legalities, an imaginary line that is not to be crossed. In the Victorian age women were married as young as 13, and were often mothers by 14. Even in the Bible pedophilia was accepted.

How many men have quams with dating someone 20 years younger than them if they were in their 40's? How much would you honestly have in common with them? There would be no reminiscing, no "Remember when". So why would women go for aged men? Wisdom? Sorry, but age does not equate to wisdom. Money? Again, age does not equate to money.

Commonality has just been disproven, age is irrelevant... So it comes down to two things shallowness of the woman, or a mental disorder steming from the Electra Complex.

The male side of the story is one of two things (or both), he is a pervert or he is going through a mid-life crisis.

So yes, it can be taken too far.
 ~ V
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/22/2005 3:44:16 PM
ped·o·phile ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pd-fl, pd-)
n.
An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.

If a woman dates a man 20 years older than them, that would suggest that the man could possibly be a pedophile.

20 is to 40 as; 10 is to 30.

A man who is 42 and dates a woman who is 22 is in no way shape or form considered a pedophile.

Dont go bringing children into this, no one ever mentioned children until you did. This is an adult conversation.

I suggest before you go off making nonsense claims you atleast research your argument a little bit better.

You are a prime example as to why I choose not to date my age.. closed mindedness. Until you try it and have experience in it, you cannot make an assumption(s)

lone justice
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/22/2005 3:52:00 PM

So it comes down to two things shallowness of the woman, or a mental disorder steming from the Electra Complex.

Wow, and here I thought I was shallow because I won't date older men.
 Kevin21TO
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/22/2005 4:24:57 PM
hmmmmm........older women? No way!!! No offence ladies. hahaha just my preference....
as to the topic of this thread..........why the f would I, a man, have any input for this argument? LOL
 lone justice
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/22/2005 4:33:54 PM
No offence taken - I would prefer it if men your age didn't contact me.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ladies: What's the appeal of men with salt and pepper hair?!