Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Driving + Fog      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 4
Driving + FogPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
what if it's foggy inside your head? Do you recommend I jam a flashlight in my ear? I've had a late night, and I feel kind sluggish today. My brain is foggy.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 8
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 7:23:44 PM
I have Sylvania silverstars, tghey're HID in old-style headlight housings. I gotr them because I was dateing someone who lives way out in the boonies with no streetlights. In the fog they're no good on highbeam as they light up the mist too much.

One of my friends ( and a whole lot of others in Nanaimo) drive at a regular speed as if there's no fog. Good way to kill a pedestrian. Remember, your visibility is reduced in the fog, don't outdrive it. It's not just your life you have to worry about.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 9
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 7:25:22 PM
Sorry for all the typos... my laptop keyboard and my injured wrist don't get along.
 canadianredneck
Msg: 11
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 8:34:56 PM
My mind is still in a fog after looking at krista! lol I'm too old and been in a small town too long. This POF is a nice eye opener to other singles out there. As for fog (sometimes ) if you turn on your interior light it helps. I think its illegal though. shhhh Low beam and keep the wipers on till they squeak!
 canadianredneck
Msg: 13
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 9:01:45 PM
As a professional I'ld stay to the inside lane or wherever there is an escape route if possible. Studden stops on freeways cause mayhem in heavy fog. If a quick stop is required quickly watch the rear mirror if possible and see whats going to run over you. Thus the escape route if possible.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 15
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 10:34:52 PM
I had someone come up the wrong way straight at me on the Johnson street bridge in Nanaimo the other night.
 burroughs
Msg: 16
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 10:35:17 PM
I get a kick out of all the pedestrians and bikers dressed in black with no light jaywalking as per normal. thick fog can be scary but driving slow is weak and embarrassing.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 17
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/23/2005 10:40:29 PM
better to be embarassed than in a lawsuit or jail.
 canadianredneck
Msg: 23
Driving + Fog
Posted: 11/24/2005 3:17:07 PM
All this chatter has me concerned! I'm going to "borrow" one of those flashing highway construction lights for my "Lender" shopping cart wheels.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Driving + Fog
Posted: 1/16/2009 9:47:22 AM
Got to put on your regular lights...cos from the back all no one will see you in time.... they will only see the BRAKE lights go on when you are way too close to stop!

ya...pay attention... running lights only illuminate the front the lights...the headlights...not your rear lights.

wake up...and...slow down and live.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Driving + Fog