Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Any women who like The Three Stooges?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldude747
Msg: 1
Any women who like The Three Stooges?Page 1 of 1    
Most women think the 3 stooges are dumb. But isn't that why they are so funny? "Don't look now but I think we are about to be killed". Or "You mean your just a doorman? Well theres the door MAN". They slay me.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 2
Any women who like The Three Stooges?
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:03:27 AM
This question got booted from the Ask a Girl forum for some reason. I think because the premise wasn't stated very well and it looked like a poll. It was more of a rhetoric question.

The point was I was thinking most if not all, say 95% or more women, either not heard of the Three Stooges, or were not impressed/non-plussed/disgusted by the slapstick humor typically portrayed in the Stooge short films. Before the thread was closed, I was pleased to discover a few women weren't totally turned off, and some women actually displayed an interest in the Stooges.

Is there something inherent with their violent slapstick style that turns off women? Most humor forms are found offensive by certain areas of society if you think about it. If it offends no one, it probably isn't funny.
 SnowTrillium
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/14/2008 12:49:39 PM
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! Hey Mo! Why I outtaaaa....

Slapstick classic. I prefer it to stuff out today like "Family Guy" and "South Park".
 SnowTrillium
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:05:43 AM
There aren't any more ....and don't call me Shirley.
 hollymackeral
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/16/2008 1:59:46 PM
I'm a Three Stooges fan. Favorite episode is the one where they're plumbers and go to this swanky house to fix a plumbing problem. Pretty soon there's water pouring out everywhere, even the TV set, which is showing a picture of Niagara Falls.

Nyuk, nyuk!
 myty313
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/18/2008 2:16:01 AM
i love the 3 stooges growing up and their still funny...do they have a dvd collection for the 3 stooges yet?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 7
view profile
History
It's not just any women who like The Three Stooges!
Posted: 8/11/2017 12:51:21 PM
I love them. So nostalgic. I love slap stick humor too. Steve Martin, Jim Carey and Gerald Ford. lol. When I was a kid there was a family at the end of the road with about 12 kids, mostly boys. After watching the Stooges one of the nine year old brothers (twins) hit his 7 year old brother with a hammer. After that my Mom wouldn't let us watch it so I had to sneak over to my friend Karen's house to watch them.

As a woman who loves the Stooges...I once had a man tell me that he thought it was a red flag that I loved the Stooges and that was one of the reasons he thought it wouldn't work. LOL.. So I'm glad I avoided that stick in the mud and didn't date him again. I don't know any guys other than him that would scoff at me for liking them. The best thing is when a friend starts quoting them and you join in succession. " Step by step, inch by inch"
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/11/2017 1:13:33 PM
^^^
" Step by step, inch by inch"

"Slowly I turned...step by step...inch by inch"

Love that old Burlesque Bit<

I remember it from an 'I Love Lucy' episode with Harpo Marx stalking Lucy<<< It still frightens me a little when I see it in reruns. hahahaha

Never saw the 'Three Stooges' version. Might have to google it!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 9:49:33 AM
It was every time someone said NIAGRA FALLS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc
 Kabala6
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/14/2017 6:12:46 AM
Love the stooges but I no longer find them as "funny" as I did in my youth, these days it's more about the vibe I guess, I think when I do occasionally pop in one of the DVD's from the set, it simply reminds me of being a kid again, which is always nice. And yes, it's def a "guy thing", most women don't care for the stooges...which I get....but I have personally run into one or two over the years that at least "don't mind them", which is great!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2018 6:00:17 PM
last year, I accidentally hired what turned out to be three stooges to renovate a bathroom and kitchen ... they're not NEARLY as funny when it's YOUR HOUSE they're destroying ... I suspect that's where the division in who likes/dislikes slap-stick humour ... possibly, care-givers just see the destruction, not the comedic timing ...
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Any women who like The Three Stooges?