Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex after a long dryspell      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sex after a long dryspellPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think that would depend on YOU....and what you are actually looking for or wanting in your life at this time. Good luck in what you decide, don't think others can choose that for you though, you have to live it either way.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 4
Sex after a long dryspell
Posted: 11/28/2005 5:52:49 PM
having sex is like riding a bicycle. Just somthing you never forget how to do. :)

Maybe try a one night stand, to get more comfortable with having sex again, more confident.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2005 7:07:11 PM
I would assume it's alot more fun after you know the person, maybe have even talked about likes and dislikes...that's me though. Think it would be more comfortable.
 run4ever79
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/28/2006 10:36:58 PM

having sex is like riding a bicycle. Just somthing you never forget how to do. :)

I agree, but I would point out that the first time riding a bike after a long absense one is a little wobbly.
 Leeanne
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2006 7:22:22 AM
Run, jump, dive, hop, plunge - whatever it takes, just get right back into it - why wouldn't you - you may find it so very exciting!!! Just be careful you don't giggle like a school girl with excitement - that could be embarrassing!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:42:20 AM
Justhappy... I couldn't have written out how I've been feeling any better.

I have done the one nighters... ancient history now... and at this point in my life I'm not comfortable going back to that. Yet. For me it's going to take a sweet, gentle, considerate, understanding, confident, assertive, kind man to get me back in the saddle. I WANT to ride, but sometimes we need a leg up.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/31/2006 8:46:54 AM
I try to avoid the dryspell myself, so I don't go without - but the best thing to do would be to just go for it, it will be weird at first but you fall right back into it.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/16/2014 9:36:40 PM
It's been awhile also, but that is by choice (trying to better self, and also reflect on why I keep picking the ones that aren't right for me). . I can't do the one nighters (never have, either), and couldn't picture doing the friends with benefits. That's not something I'd be happy with, and I know I'm worth more than that.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2014 9:59:07 PM

I have done the one nighters... ancient history now... and at this point in my life I'm not comfortable going back to that. Yet. For me it's going to take a sweet, gentle, considerate, understanding, confident, assertive, kind man to get me back in the saddle. I WANT to ride, but sometimes we need a leg up.

How strange and surreal to read these words so many years after they were written! I put out there what I wanted, and I found it for 5 years.

As for the FWB and being worth more, if that's how you feel roll with it. Doesn't mean that those that choose that path are somehow less worthy because that's the direction they went in. I never felt less when I went the direction of FWB, but I also was FRIENDS before the sex happened. Actual, honest to goodness, hang out and do stuff, kind of friends. Not the "hey, this is crazy, we just met, call me maybe" kind of friends where quick sex leads to guilt or shame that leads to claiming it to be a FWB relationship. It's not. It's a dressed up FB/NSA/ONS kind of thing. That's definitely NOT FWB. Just my opinion here.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/18/2014 5:48:49 PM
when no 0ne's been showing an interest in you in a while...its tempting to analyze the potential reason why. ironically, this is how a man can shoot himself in the foot--he meets a fun-loving woman who just wants one more way to enjoy her time with him, and he's overthinking the situation and trying to get the sex to represent something.

ONS only work when you realize what they are. try to make them more, and they fail to be more...which alas, can make you feel worse.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 3:11:23 AM
If you are a man, please do not jerk off within 24 hours of when you actually know , you may be with a women.
If you are a women, I suggest sticking a dido in yourself at least 3 times a week to keep your vaginal open and not closing down.
 goodquestion
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/19/2014 4:29:26 AM
If you are a man, please do not jerk off within 24 hours of when you actually know , you may be with a women.
If you are a women, I suggest sticking a dido in yourself at least 3 times a week to keep your vaginal open and not closing down.

What is the purpose for a guy not to masturbate 24 hours ahead of being with a woman after a dry spell. This is not accurate at all if you know the chemistry about men. After a dry spell a man is apt to orgasm almost right away when being with a woman. As for a woman I do and can not speak to what would be appropriate. Unless the both of you are going to engage in oral sex which can be fun and great for play that might change things as most men do not orgasm that way according to what I have read here in the forums. Where as oral sex is one of the only way women can orgasm, not all but experience has taught me as well as reading the forums on POF as well.
 Hearton64
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/19/2014 5:26:35 AM

I would hope for the opposite after a dry spell! Who needs a one pump chump! lol

That's just ridiculous.Vagina's don't close down.If you are lucky,after a dry spell they may tighen up a bit,
but come on.You can't be serious about women needing a "dido",can you?

Your posts are always so......*interesting*
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 7:39:58 AM

Your posts are always so......*interesting*

...and the Diplomacy and Understatement Award goes to....Hearton64!

di·do [dahy-doh]
noun, plural di·dos, di·does. Usually, didos, didoes, Informal.
1. a mischievous trick; prank; antic.
2. a bauble or trifle.

So you are either pranking your Vagina or sticking small things in it?
My...how..."curious"...
 Hearton64
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/19/2014 7:53:51 AM

...and the Diplomacy and Understatement Award goes to....Hearton64!

And the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:03:12 AM
So Jpwringleworm dusted off this 8 year old thread.

Cat lady says a "dido" will keep your kitty purring...

A purring kitty is a happy kitty.

Meeeyowww!
 OutMind
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:14:29 AM

Cat lady says a "dido" will keep your kitty purring...

A purring kitty is a happy kitty.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:20:31 AM

What happens if it gets condemned?
 MsMicki
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:24:11 AM

not closing down.

I think I'd prefer to have this "snapper kitty" thing going on!
 Westernguy
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:29:49 AM

After a dry spell a man is apt to orgasm almost right away when being with a woman.

Not this guy - I was recently with a woman after a long dry spell and wanted to last as long as possible. So I did. And no, I didn't need to whack it the day before.

Some guys have self control

Westernguy
 Hearton64
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/19/2014 11:56:33 AM

Not this guy-Some guys have self control.

***he exclaimed with a puffed up chest full of pride! :p

My guy has sex nightly,mostly with me,and has zero self control.
I can't imagine what he'd be like after long dry spell. EEK!

UH OH! (she said running around the house looking for "BOB")
It's time for my second dido ramming for the day,it's closing down!

It's closing DOWNNNNNN!
 OutMind
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/19/2014 1:49:05 PM

It's time for my second dido ramming for the day,it's closing down!

It's closing DOWNNNNNN!

TIMBER!!

Swing your partner round and round
End of the night, it's going down
One more shot, another round
Swing your partner round and round
One more shot, another round

(Pitbull)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/19/2014 7:32:50 PM

I know many of you threw dirt at that statement but it's true.....
I did it for a little bit, only mistake was that it was a vibrator (the rabbit), so let's assume like 2-4 inches in (curved). I tried going the distance with a flesh-like dildo under water (tub) with suction up, that did not work out. It just wouldn't go in past 2 inches straight, it hurt like hell. So it's "condemned" lmao

The same applies to anal, wearing a butt plug for at least 2 hours-a whole day,to prep for entrance of bigger better things, lol.

So whenever I get back on the horse, it's gonna take a lot of patience, a lot of lube (if he can't get me there naturally), and in it goes.

You can do whatever you want if you feel out of practice but ONS is not where it's at , IMO. When I made a year, I decided there wasn't anything or anyone I was waiting for and at 28 (then), why the hell aren't I having sex? So I called my ex and I tricked him into it, lol. He knew that I wouldn't accept it if he'd propose it , but he'd be all in it if I wanted it. So that's my "before it gets condemned" plan.

Outmind, you are correct, a purring kitty, is a happy kitty.
 MsMicki
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:28:30 PM

I know many of you threw dirt at that statement but it's true.....
I did it for a little bit, only mistake was that it was a vibrator (the rabbit), so let's assume like 2-4 inches in (curved). I tried going the distance with a flesh-like dildo under water (tub) with suction up, that did not work out. It just wouldn't go in past 2 inches straight, it hurt like hell. So it's "condemned" lmao

The same applies to anal, wearing a butt plug for at least 2 hours-a whole day,to prep for entrance of bigger better things, lol.

So whenever I get back on the horse, it's gonna take a lot of patience, a lot of lube (if he can't get me there naturally), and in it goes.

please explain the medical reason for this......because I have went far longer than a year and while my first few times out was definitely tighter than normal....it was far from "hurting like hell" or closed up!! Maybe a couple cobwebs, but definitely still open for business!
and I have never heard another woman say that her's closed up either!!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:44:44 PM

please explain the medical reason for this......because I have went far longer than a year and while my first few times out was definitely tighter than normal....it was far from "hurting like hell" or closed up!! Maybe a couple cobwebs, but definitely still open for business!
and I have never heard another woman say that her's closed up either!!

Medical reason? I'm a doctor now?

Congratulations, you're looser than me. I'm not merely speaking about a little tightness, I'm speaking about the kind that hurts, as if your first time (if it even hurt you). You feel like your insides are being stretched, like a momentary feeling of being "cut". It hurts like hell (the first couple of strokes) and then it lets up.

But me doing to myself? I can't cause myself pain, I'm too chicken for that. I'll leave that up to man to possibly hurt his stick doing it.

You noticed I put quotation marks on "condemned" right?

Again, different strokes for different folks.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex after a long dryspell