Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Muscular women... Turn-on or off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tinkle
Msg: 8
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?Page 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
If a women starts to look manly then most guys don't like it. Most guys seem to be attracted to non-manly characteristics. Stuff the isn't *usually* found on men. I don't mind a fit looking women at all. The ones that look like they have taken steriods and have really deep voices you see on tv weightliftin competitions are a turn off for me.
 UWantThis
Msg: 16
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 11/29/2005 1:47:34 AM
A guy feeling inadequate to a chick who has muscles is a joke, and you probably just used the word to flatter yourself. If a guy doesn't like a chick with muscles, its because frankly, muscles aren't attractive on a chick. A flat stomach is usually prefered over a 6-pack on a chick, and a large bicep isn't much better. Fit is great, muscular is a bit masculine for a woman.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/29/2005 2:08:18 AM
One word...........whothefox...........awesome.
 Vinnie9494
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2005 8:22:50 AM
To have a woman have her way with you because she's muscular for me is a turn-on. To have her force you to do something you wanted to do anyway is really fun.
 emac480
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/29/2005 9:11:09 AM
IT IS A BIG TURN OFF. KNOWING THAT YOUR GIRL CAN OUT BENCH U AND PROBLABLY KICK YOUR ASS IS NOT SEXY.
 kikilynn
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/29/2005 1:54:44 PM

Muscular women = turn OFF.
Seriously, I just don't want my girlfriend to look like Chyna....

I want to BE Chyna!

Right after I get my new boobies!
 linne
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:24:15 PM
I've been working out for a while, refining the body for personal satisfaction... I think it is impossible for a normal woman to get anywhere near 'Chyna's' manly physique without taking hormones, but an hour workout a day gives me an exoskeleton I consider aesthetically pleasing.
 passionteman
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:34:17 PM
I don't like when woman have all these biceps and bulked up all over like Arnold. It is a total turn off for me. It just makes their whole beauty of body disappear.
 Proteus
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:19:50 PM

I absolutely love to work out and am in great shape (I work hard at it)... I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Depends, what kind of body are we talking about here? Kianna Tom or are we talking the kind of muscle sculpting that pretty much erases your gender and you look like a man with a chics face attached?

If the former, then it can be sexy. If the later, then bleh.
 Joe80035
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Muscular women... Turn-on
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:42:57 PM
Yeah, I love Mucular women, I think they look soooo sex with muscles and curves esp if they have a boob job
 Ignoble
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2008 7:09:44 PM
RE: First post.

lol I love how women automatically assume it makes them intimidating or makes us feel inadequate. Why avoid the obvious answer?

Muscles = Manly.

Im not attracted to men at all. Soo.... seeing a masculine quality on a woman is disconcerting to me. But hey, with the lights out I dont even care. Hahahaha.

***NOTE

I dont have a problem with a woman being stronger or more fit than me. But looking muscular is genetically built into the species as a masculine trait (WHOOAAA feminists. Dont fly off the handle, Im not saying men are stronger then women, genetically, Im saying men are generitcally predisposed to being muscular whereas women are predisposed to being lithe and quick). So it really kills the attraction for me. Im sure I could get past it though, assuming it isnt ridiculous.
 rit18
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/22/2008 7:12:30 PM
Depends on what "muscular" is. If every muscle she has is ripped like a bodybuilder, then no way. Nothing to do with feeling immasculized, just don't thinks it's attractive.
 svj
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/22/2008 7:21:22 PM
It totally depends on the man. Each man has individual tastes.

As for as intimidation or inadequacy goes, that is more related to the man's self-esteem than your body.

The same guy that would be intimidated by your body would be the same guy that wouldn't be able to handle it if you beat him at, say, tennis.

But that shouldn't be a problem... how likely are you to be turned on by a guy that insecure?

So the problem should literally take care of itself.

Hope that helps!
 Kongzilla
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2008 3:42:25 PM
I'd have no problem being with a muscular woman. Maybe she could even give me some pointers.
 Urbanessa
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/23/2008 9:23:00 PM

women are meant to be soft and cuddly not hard and muscular

Oh yeah? Interesting. And which law exactly requires women to be "soft and cuddly" (which probably translates into "overweight and in bad shape" anyway).
 Theonly1!
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:44:29 AM
Turn-off extraordinaire if were talking chiseled muscles... I don't like a girl with abs showing either...
 bigshrek
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/24/2008 4:42:12 PM
Turn ON!! I prefer Marine gals Rough! Tough! & beautiful in the Buff!!

B'sides, ya gotta luv a gal that'll back you up in a barroom brawl.....or start one

Plus if you get bored over a long holiday weekend she can help you take over a small foreign country

give me 500 female Marines and I'll take Cuba & turn it over to Disney.

huronbraxx
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 8:35:34 PM
just how muscular is the question, competition level might be a bit much but i like a strong woman over model thin, if she's stron enough to pick me up or pin me from time to time, it's a bonus ;) but not ragdoll me
 Smjle
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:13:47 PM
Cheerleaders, ice skaters, distant runners have highly developed muscles. However, the muscles are not large. Such girls are very sexy.
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:19:11 AM
being in shape is awesome.. its when she can crack walnuts with her butt cheeks that its getting UN-Sexy...

.......................................................................................................................................
 bigshrek
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/25/2008 5:35:40 PM
There is an movie called "Skin Deep"...stars John Ritter & Zap from American Gladiators (the original series). I think it outlines EXACTLY what happens to most men when they meet a hot looking muscular gal...some handle it well, some find it a turn on...some little girly men run away

Ponder upon this...if a woman can slam you up against the wall and have her way with you...would you enjoy it??
 heaight
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:44:58 PM
a woman with muscles is not hot.
i dont care how thick or thin she is, thas kinda nasty.. id never date china
 PassionateSeduction
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:20:19 PM
It's not really a turn-on, or turn-off for me. If a woman takes care of her body and works out, that is wonderful. It may be difficult for a female bodybuilder to find a man. I don't have a problem dating women with muscles. I am secure about myself and besides, I can bench 350lbs and squat 505lbs and I don't workout regularly. I have nothing to worry about.
 bigshrek
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/5/2008 6:53:25 PM
I wouldn't date Chyna because she's a freekin NUT...but put a decent brain in her head and I'd go for that

Heck...You only go around once...might as well make the ride worthwhile!!

And..if you've got bahoogies enough to ride a bucking bronco or get on a bull...a lil ole powerlifting gal ain't that big of a deal Much better ride on the gal tho!!!!
 northeast25
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:01:16 AM
I agree with what some other people have mentioned. An athletic/fit woman with some muscle can be very attractive. I'm not attracted to women who are professional bodybuilders.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Muscular women... Turn-on or off?