Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: your take on short guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 july16ladybug
Msg: 2
Ladies: your take on short guys?Page 1 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I have a hard time with shorter men,it does turn me off. Im only 5'3 and I seem to attract all the shorter men for that reason, but I have always adored men who were tall (5'10 and up).

We all have our own preferences surrounding what makes us tick......I cant for the like of me get turned on by a man shorter the 5'8, you can tell the difference in voice in hands etc. I guess because I am short myself I relate men being tall as being the "REAL" man.

I hope you dont get offended by this all you short men, but I am sick of having to stick up for what I find attractive. We all have our dislikes and likes and I truly believe its our make up and how our own system works, a lot of it is from child hood etc.

Tall men make me feel womanly and sexy and they make my body come to life.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 6
Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 11/29/2005 3:35:56 PM
Well Im not into analyzing why Im turned on by taller men, but I am. I have been since I was in my teens. Im tired of always having to figure out why. I cant get into shorter men, they just dont do it for me and never have. I guess its the woman in me that loves a MAN to be a MAN, little hands etc just dont cut it.

My son is going to be 6 feet tall and Im cheering all the way and my daughters bf is 6'4.

I can say that I do find men who are like maybe 5'8 and really in great shape, work out and have a nice bald head with gottee and tatts, also does it for me. We ALL have our likes and dislikes, some guys dont want to date me cause im 5' 3 and they want a taller women. I love the way I have to go on my tip toes to put my arms around a taller man. I love nice strong hands and long arms. AND OH about being crushed during sex LMAO..................every heard of being on top, it is so much fun when your a petite women and your on top of a nice tall man.............

Now please dont get all offended cause Of what I said....there are guys out there that would rather have blondes then red heads and so on and to me I could care less if a man even had hair................meaning BALD HEADS are a turn on.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/29/2005 4:06:57 PM
WHAT I dont get is why are peoples preferences either called discrimination etc etc. Are men who love big breasts discriminating............. PHEW! if I told my students that they are discriminating by having their own likes and dislikes I would lose my job. I just dont like smurfs and thats that...........whoa I cant believe how offended people get, when a man says hes not interested in me cause of my small breasts or whatever I dont say he is discriminating , its a persons choice as to what they like........get over it.
 linne
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:06:37 PM
I look for a mate that is genetically desirable, why settle for someone inferior?
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:23:37 PM

I look for a mate that is genetically desirable, why settle for someone inferior?

Exactly why you should be seeking a short man. He is superior in many ways.

1) Lower resource usage
2) Smaller moment of inertia (which means stronger for the same muscle mass and better acceleration, which is why all these short guys say they can drop bigger guys. They really can).
3) Lower growth rate leads to better coordination.
4) Faster reflexes.
 linne
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:25:26 PM
:P
All valid points!
I always hold sway to sound logic :D
 linne
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:38:28 PM

Everyone looks for someone who's genetically desirable. Big girls, poor girls, girls who have an attitude that doesn't match their looks, etc. are girls who I would consider to be genetically inferior. Why would any guy put up with that?

If a girl dosen't like a short guy, boo hoo. Move on. Everyone has their predetermined preference as to what they find attractive. Attraction is a feeling, not a choice

there is a threshold of hotness at which guys will tolerate cruel ****es? Cool. I will thus try to calibrate my hostility to match my attractiveness level. Hopefully a happy equilibrium will soon be attained.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:46:51 PM

there is a threshold of hotness at which guys will tolerate cruel ****es?

Not me. Especialy if their profiles and comments make them sound like neo-nazis.

OT: I'm 5'6, most women never reply to my profile. I don't know if it's my height, or if my profile and pictures just suck.
 linne
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/29/2005 6:08:32 PM

Inferior = no one is inferior genetically, every person has equal value no matter how you were made in God's green earth. The woman that made this stupid comment about inferiority is gone from POF...nice.

No such luck, my profile is hidden, that's all.
I am an atheist, so your comment is moot.
If you are happy to date someone with an extra chromosome or two, feel free, my standards are only for mine self.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/30/2005 10:16:28 AM
Hey Summer I actually agree with you on that one, it is a recipe for disaster...........sort of a history of doing the same thing. The only thing is what can I do about literally being physically ill if I even try being with someone that doesnt fit with what IM attracted to.

I said I was tired of always having to try and deal with it, so I just keep doing whats familiar.
 chauvtruong
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/30/2005 2:41:20 PM
women like to feel tall strong man as protector and a short man don't cut it....
 july16ladybug
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/30/2005 3:04:41 PM
Sorry Hambone....being 5'3" I am always attracting the shorter men on online dating. There is nothing wrong with dating a man my size but IM NOT INTO IT.....its not a turn on....I like the man to be over me, actually towering over me. Yeah and 5'8" is really my limit. I once met a man from Lava who told me he was 5'7" we got along so well, laughed and he was super hot when it was time to meet face to face guess what...........I wore 3 inch heels and he wasnt 5'7 like he said more like 5'5" I was able to see the top of his head.......and ok ok it wasnt because he was short...............IT WAS ONCE AGAIN BECAUSE he lied about his height. WHY OH WHY OH WHY do you men lie...................
 july16ladybug
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/30/2005 3:58:36 PM
HAMBONE what on earth do you mean "women my ht shouldnt be able to tell the difference".......um are you making a comment about my being short LMAO.....

I promise you that "I CAN TELL"......lol
 july16ladybug
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/30/2005 6:28:50 PM
Thank you HAMBONE........Im glad you understand my personality not to many men do!!!!!
 quikwitsmiles
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/30/2005 11:40:52 PM
I just have to say as a person who would not normally look at a short guy as a potential suitor,that you make a very intelligent point and that its rather shallow to go by height,I too have seen the very short hot guy here and there and frankly they dont seem interested in a girl taller than themselves,although im sure some do,I may be mistaken but I think I watched a show on discovery that said something about womens natural hormones or pheromones look for a larger more dominant male dont quote me but I think thats what I heard:)much love for the shortys!:)
 july16ladybug
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:09:43 PM
Lostprohet: Im sitting here at my desk at work and laughing hysterically

Thanks for brightening up my day
 july16ladybug
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:46:48 PM
UMMM I think I do know what Im missing........and NO we are not all the same size laying down. I can tell the difference........5'7 is still taller then me by 4 inches, so I wouldnt wear heels LOL
 dceeeee
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/1/2005 1:06:59 PM
Height does not matter to me one iota!!! I've dated guys as short as me, (maybe shorter, but I can't remember, because it was never an issue), to as tall as 6'5"!! I don't even check the height when I read the profiles!!! Of course, being 5'2", most are taller, but it's not because of a requirement on my part!
 july16ladybug
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/1/2005 8:18:20 PM
LMAO IM NEVER GOING TO LIVE THAT SMURF REMARK DOWN......next.... I could deck any woman and probably some men as well, with one hand tied behind my back and I dont even train.....SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! and IM only 5'3 and 113lbs.....come try me LMFAO
 carribeanking7
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/2/2005 2:48:33 AM
Quote :I know I'd rather be with a short guy that's muscular than a tall guy that is scrawny.....

Why settle go for one that is tall & muscular as well

Ok back to the topic - unlike some things that can be improved, you cannot do much about your height.......
its perfectly fine to have a personal preference.....I prefer tall women too.....5-8 to 5-10 but it wont be a deciding factor.....
I snubbed a tall woman (5-10) once before because she was constantly poking fun at short people....she would make codescending jokes about them...call them shorty or smurf and even try to embarass her shorter male friends .this told me a lot about her charachter.
 LizBets
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/2/2005 1:35:03 PM
It's personal preference.. same as being attracted to blondes or brunettes or whatever you are drawn to. who knows why? Maybe it's a genetic thing?

I prefer tall men too. Always have... always will.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2005 2:02:47 PM
Actually Hambone thats what short men seem to think about shorter women like me that it is ok cause we are petitte. I myself want tall 5'8 and over and not one inch shorter. I love men to tower over me..............gets my pulse racing!!!!!!!!
 LizBets
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/2/2005 2:42:03 PM
Hambone... tall enough for who?? You? LOL... I think I KNOW what I like actually.. but thanks for sharing.

Don't ya just love it when a guy TELLS you what you want?? lmao
 july16ladybug
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/2/2005 3:34:44 PM
yeah arent we women just so fickle.....that we are so honest on what we like and what turns us on mmmmmmmmmmmm 6'3 mmmmmmmmm
 july16ladybug
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/3/2005 10:05:01 AM
At work we call it a syndrome "SMS", they makie it up by having an arrogant personality and by buying big cars hehehehehe.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies: your take on short guys?