Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jesszhang
Msg: 2
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
i totally totally understand that,guys doing that to me too.now just learn how to ignore those men
 Hill_Valley_Hick
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:05:20 PM
there are one of two reasons hes doing this. One reason is that he just doesnt want you. I know its hard to hear but it is likely the truth. The second reason is that he still wants you but is playing mind games to make you want him more. All part of the game i guess althogh i dont believe in that shit. Anywayz most guys have no game so its probably the first one so if a girl did that to me i would question her about it and if it continued any more her ass would be dumped.
 jesszhang
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:08:50 PM
so if any guy doing it again we just simplely ask?
 suge316
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:17:21 PM
Hey, I read your post. I am a male who has been there before. He wasnt' worth the time, Hon. Truly yours, BW
 PuffyDee
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/29/2005 7:44:10 PM
maybe they like your physical looks, but realise you guys dun click after that? :|
 fuxalot
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:13:52 PM
what kind of guys are you going after ???alot of guys (and i know i am going to get shit for admitting this as i have done this before) will see how much they can toy with a girl. he will probably call you in a couple of days and act like nothing has happened, and see if he still has you wrapped around his finger. also, my advice to alot of girls, and not saying you, i dont know you or what kind of girl you are, but hold out on the sex!!! alot of guys (guilty again) willl tell you anything just to get you in the sack, play for a little while, and throw you out. watch out for the guy if he has alot of video games or c.d.s, and he plays a video game for a couple of weeks and gets a new one, stay away from him. if the guy can play with one video game over and over again he is ready fo a commitment. i know, it sounds stupid but think about it and think about the other guys you have been with, and you just might see a pattern there. no i am not gay, just honest, sometimes brutally honest. good luck in your search
 Hill_Valley_Hick
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2005 6:56:00 PM
Some people mentioned earlier about some book called men like ****es. that is crazy. i myself dont like ****es. i like nice girls who arent a lot of drama. I think everyone has enough stress in their lives without dealing with someone's shit. I advise all you ladies out there to boycott any book that tells you to play hard to get with men or whatever. All men want is a nice girl who also happens to be hot. Don't play mind games the game is hard enough as it is without feminazis trying to throw us guys a curveball.
 shancy79
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:30:22 PM
cause they wanna get what they want all guys are like that
 Musikmaster
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:53:13 PM

Apparently he's blocked my # on his cell phone, his home phone is always busy, and he wont answer my emails...

That alone doesn't give you all the facts?!?

To the girl who said:
cause they wanna get what they want all guys are like that

No, it's because you go for the wrong guys. You're shallow and superficial.

It's laughable, some of these girls' comments. First of all, for most guys, or at least a lot of them (note, the guy-to-girl-ratio on here), it is difficult attracting a girl or getting one interested in them enough for more elaborate relations than just email/casual communication etc. If a girl is complaining about a jackass, she's choosing the wrong guys and most likely, is passing over better guys for the jerks. 'Happens a lot... The girls should spare us the B.S. about 'all guys are... X.

Aren't you glad I am here to give you the real facts?
 JBOSSERT0
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/2/2005 9:05:40 PM
Well usually most girl that post this question are really butt crack ugly. However you are that exception the girl that posted a message second is butt crack ugly. Also there are some guys who are actually not like anyother guy and I am one of the guys. all of the other guys are looking for sex/ hook ups or en counters or what ever you want to call it. so it's very easy you need to look for a guy who doesn't play the total sweet heart theres two ways. A) they walk with their left foot infront of their right if their left handed the right foot should lead and Vicervsa. B) When they open the door for you which hand they grab the door with if they use their weaker hand they're lazy and playing you for the sex because a true gentle-man would hold the door for a lady with his right hand if he's right handed and his left hand if he's left handed also the amount of time he holds the door. So ladies take your time. Guys like holding the door for you a true gentleman doesn't look at your backside either.
 strkapose001
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/2/2005 11:14:14 PM
this is in response to "gigimo"......I think that book is a bunch of man hating crap and your statement that women are not selfish and men are is INFURIATING.....such horse crap as that......also, your advice that she just "live for yourself".....totally ridiculous!!!!!!! Lady, please don't play amateur PSYCHOBABELIST!!!! because thats what you are!!!!
 strkapose001
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/2/2005 11:16:36 PM
a FLAME for jigsaw......you have the right screen name because you have a jigsaw for a brain.....I am so tired of this man bashing on here.........I totally resent you "most men are pigs"..... to me, most women on here, are nothing more than a bunch of little spoiled, gold diggers!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a pig, never have been and if men are that way, its because of people like you!!!!!!!!
 strkapose001
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/2/2005 11:19:00 PM
Hey, jigsaw......you desparately need to do something with that anger problem you have.........
 strkapose001
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/2/2005 11:29:45 PM
Jig, you can dish it out but you cant take it.........the irony is ......you are no better than anyone else in this world, man or woman........youve never used anyone? never done a man dirty......give me a brake........like I said, I smell a huge anger problem here at worst, and at best.....you're bitter over something or someone in your past.......
 strkapose001
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2005 11:34:17 PM
Jig, I am so good looking and classy that you would never have a chance with me.....Im just dishing out to you what you are giving everybody else......AND MOST MEN ARE NOT PIGS...........YOU ARE SUCH A NEGATIVE, FRUSTRATED WOMAN!!!!!! You just need some sweet kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha
 catlian
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/3/2005 12:34:29 AM
yes, there are guys like that, and unfortunately, all the guys that i was attached to were like that. they can say I love you now and turn away the next day... coz people tend to take good things for granted, most girls had their heart broken once or many times, but we just need to remind us that Great Love doesnt come easy, its like nirvana. I think we have to go through some really bad experiences until we find that special one who we can hold on to for the rest of life. Im sure there is someone out there for you. All those bullshit guys are just not meant to be there.... Good luck finding your soul mate! He will be there, sooner or later.
 Musikmaster
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/3/2005 5:16:35 AM
LOL @ jigsaw. That's some funny stuff. It doesn't matter what you claim because what I previously posted was as accurate as ****. Just because you didn't like the truth doesn't mean your fallacies and rhetoric is going to fly. The men who are good at 'playing women' are the guys with most of their sh** together, are considered attractive but really have nothing to them. In other words, no soul but they display the**** attitude and confidence that so many women always assert interests them. Thus, the cycle starts. Women pull these, "But, he just changed! I really liked him; no, I loved him!" LOL If you go for the wrong guys, those things happen. Re-examine who you go for!!!!!!!! The signs of how a guy is isn't all that difficult to assess. The girl is usually superficial and shallow so she ignores or excuses them. Putting on the blinders is easier.
 corsetsme
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/3/2005 6:29:44 AM
Seems I too am in the same place as you... just happened to me as well....I think that is harder to deal with than someone telling me they think I am a jerk...at least with that I could feel mad, instead of just wondeering what I did/said.
 IceHockey101
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:46:23 PM
Another stupid comment from GIGIMO.

The author who wrote that book "Why do men love bichiz" is probably some real messed up person.

I sure as hell dont love Bichiz. Maybe the title should have been,

"why do men who dont want anything serious or no form of commitment love bichiz"

It doesnt apply to ALL men. I just love stupid women coming in here with their 2 cents.

If I told a girl I love her, I would do anything to make that love WORK.

What you are teaching this young girl is Wrong. You are teaching her to be something she is not?

And OP: Why would you want to change just because some guy hurt you???

If I did that to myself, I'd be the biggest player in my entire group of friends. And believe me, I HAVE some Player friends...I could steal their game from underneath if I wanted.

Just because you got hurt, dont change yourself. Next guy who loves you might really mean it. Its in the actions. Not the words.

As for women naturally being unselfish...HAHAHAHHA nice try. No cigar. Its not the sex. Its the person. I have known the MOST selfish women ever. Worst ones are the ones who DONT admit to it. But that does not mean they are all selfish. Modern women DO tend to be more selfish because they CAN. Men do it all the time. But not EVERYONE is like that.

As for you putting out and that he had enough of you...well ... this is going to sound harsh but the combination of the two of you sounds like this..

You = DUMB
Him = JERK

Now, if YOU are Dumb, and he was not a JERK, he would have made you see things differently, and maybe stayed with you or made you understand why he didnt see it working. But he's a coward.

If you were trying to be SMART, and He was NICE...He would have had to pass all these tests to get into your pants and by the end of all the testing, he'd have lost interest and said screw it and move on it...literally. Chasing a woman is fun, but if she prolongs it for a man, the man often develops this inner dislike for this woman. He finally F**ks her and leaves her.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with how long you wait before having sex, or other crap.
Some of my most longest relationships started with me having sex within the first week of meeting the woman. ALL is possible. You just gotta know what works with what type of a person so they feel COMPLETE with you, even if they already are Full of themselves! HAHA!
 laserman
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:49:59 AM
Well I would suggest changing the word guy to guy/ladies. Both sexes are guilty of doing everything talked about.

Why? Well I would suggest many reasons...game players, lookers but not serious, still shopping and found someone else, talks about honesty but really does not know what it means, wife or hubby caught them, scared, commitment issues, mental issues, lack of manners, and well the list can go on and on.

Be true to yourself. Do only what you feel you can live with. It is their right to be wrong and screwed up and our right to look the otherway and move forward. Never let them hold you back.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:02:07 AM
Shuana, you have leared a valuable lesson. Quick "love" may happen but its more of a fairytale.The reality is to say the words for the moment to enhance the moment. Quick love simply is most often fleeting and most often not real. ITs more about the moment and sex than anything else.Unfortunately most get them confused because they have sex even quicker. Wait on the sex,develop the RELATIONSHIP and you will have a MUCH MUCH better chance at developing something REAL. Better to learn this at 22 than to be foolish enough to go through it at 32 or worse 42. At 22 is simply youthful mistaken judgement, at 32,42,52 it seems to be more mistaken judgement due to desperation JK
Just be mindful to develop a REAL relationship long before having sex and instead of misfortune you'll be much more likely to experience fortune.
Its not really a male/female thing...its a common sense/wisdom thing.

Ok..sorry, I read your op but not some of your later commnets.....HE MADE YOU SLEEP IN THE CAR?!? That was NOT a CLUE.......it was a SLAP! I'm sorry, the issue is about SELF- Esteem.......if YOU don't VALUE and LOVE yourself..........its hard to see the immitators for what they are. You've GOT to EXPECT ....no....REQUIRE MORE! Don't expect someone to give you what you don't give yourself. My advice is to take time off from dating and date YOU. Pamper YOU! Learn to LOVE YOURSELF the way you want and need to be loved. Find out what you REALLY want in a mate and then ONLY look for those qualities. When you Do begin to date,ASK questions EARLY and OFTEN. Develop a REAL RELATIONSHIP long (monthS)BEFORE having sex. I wish you well.
 redviking
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:42:38 PM
Sometimes you meet someone, and you really like somethings about them, but you're unsrue about others, or you find out things about her as things progress and you start to question whether she's really who you want be with.

If you're talking weeks or months-for the love of god, it's dating!!! The whole point is to get to knwo her and figure out whether or not she's "the one". Sometimes that answer is clear, sometimes you gotta run the clock a bit, and learn more about her before you decide.

Now, if you've been w/someone for years and they suddenly change tehir mind (without any makor changes or screwups on your part), that's messed up and immature. But really- after a few weeks or months? Guess what- he just decided that despite all your good qualities, you've got some negative ones as well that he doesn't want to live with. Be thankful he's amture, secure and unselfish enough to actually end it after weeks or months instead of ignoring the issues for years. Also keep in mind how many men you've probably rejected in your life, be it right at the start or later... men DO have standards, wants, and needs to ya know.
 beck12
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:52:16 PM
I think that the answer to your question lies between your legs.You put out and he took it thats all he wanted.So dont be suprised when he calls you back in a week or when hes horney again.
Beck
 wiserd
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:46 PM

"make a guy wait for it for at least 2 months, if he's worth it he'll stick around if not he'll be gone and u would have lost or gained nuthing."

Yup. Good advice.

But what do you mean 'always?' Has this happened before?

It's good to be kind (people can be so hostile to each other sometimes), but coming across as too weak or needy can cause problems. One thing that even many guys have to learn the hard way, trading self respect\self control for love is just not a bargain you can make. If you give up one, you'll also lose the other.
 ZarinaZ
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:04:12 AM
Not all nonsense....my ex is in Iraq...yes my heart is broken..I hurt him and now he won't let me back in...he too has issues with commitment, otherwise things would be different today. I am not clingly...especially in his situation it is easier to push love away...for many reasons..one not holding me back while he is gone for a year or more..idk..i think she should dump the guy..love is too precious to waste or throw away...to hard to find in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...