Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Are there ANY fans of      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PakanaHerruus
Msg: 2
Are there ANY fans of Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i like some classical.. alot of metal has infuences of classical music.. so sometimes i just listen to some of the influences.. there is a band called Haggard.. where they play mainly classical with some metal influences.. used to be the other way around..
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 4
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 12/26/2004 2:50:46 PM
I enjoy classical music, I find it very soothing to my psyche....
I am the biggest fan of Beethoven and Mozart I could just listen to them, and loose myself in thier melodies...
 FictionWriter901
Msg: 6
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 12/26/2004 7:37:00 PM
I like it, too- great stuff! I saw a July 4th display a couple years ago where the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra played the venue, and right when they hit the crescendo of the 1812 Overture is when they shot off the fireworks. I loved it!

Believe it or not, classical music also can be great to work out to- depending, of course, on the selection...
 Fiddlenotes
Msg: 9
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 12/28/2004 12:27:26 PM
Was wondering the same thing myself. I'm listening to a CD of Nadja Solerno-Sonnenburg play the soundtrack to "Humoresque" right now. I saw her live at the Kennedy Center about 5 years ago (front row seat even) and she is awesome!!
 jimi77
Msg: 10
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 12/28/2004 4:20:02 PM
i like it.. i can't say i go down the road blasting it playing maistro or anything.. but i love the music.. very moving.
 FenderWitch
Msg: 13
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/2/2005 11:53:55 AM
I'm a BIG Vivaldi fan myself...but yeah Beethoven Mozart...and Chopin...all great on my list..it was hard for me to get into at first but being a violinist turned guitarist i learned to appreciate it!
 Stamp
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/3/2005 7:56:51 AM
Piano Concertos! oh baby! theres nothing like Warsaw or Tchaikovsky or some Booming Beethoven while working! I also crank the bass up for Romeo and Juliet and "Sunrise"!
 ScottMorfitt
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/3/2005 11:48:00 PM
I really dig Steve Reich, Phillip Glass, the Kronos Quartet, and some John Adams, but, is that too modern? I also like Rachmaninov and Tchavokski (I butchered that). Anything ambient or new is great with me.
 taurus516
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/4/2005 7:54:18 AM
I love classical music,particularly from Baroque period,although I do love Beethoven,especially the choral movement of the 9th symphony.It's awesome to think about Ludwig Van,being sick,deaf and nearly dying compopsing his last symphony which was dedicated to the joys of life.
 Elwood Blues
Msg: 17
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/4/2005 1:39:04 PM
anything by Mozart.. especially his comic operas: marriage of figaro, Don Giovanni...
Beethoven (the fifth especially)
Tchaikovsky
Wagner (Ring of the Niebelung)

Many more..
 OnTheBus
Msg: 18
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/4/2005 2:13:10 PM
I love classical
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/5/2005 6:31:43 AM
Classical is a first love. it's what really got me into music.

at first it was Fur Elise and Moonlight Senata...
then Carmina Burana "oh fortuna".

now...

Yascha Heifetz, any of his Violin Solo from the late 60 to his last stuff in the early 80's...

good music, should always make you feel something, whether it's feeling crazy and wanna jump around from a good Minor Threat song, to just smiling from ear to ear everytime I hear "Stayin Alive".... cause it's the cheesiest song ever, but I still wanna play around when i hear it...

Yascha Heifetz and the violin... everytime I listen to his solo work, it just makes me think, and draw, and feel creative. I feel alive and inspired when I hear it.
great stuff.

I perfer simple, Solo instruments over a orchestra, especially violins and cellos.

but my true favorite, is the piano.
solo Piano.

especially when listening to Silvia Colpa play.
I have heard many many people play things like moonlight senata... but never with such agreesiveness to bang on the keys so you can really feel the subtle parts of the song that a microphone just cannot pick up, yet, plays gently enough to keep the song as beautiful as ever. best renditions of any music I ever heard, was by her.

now, if only I could find a recording of her, playing Rachmaninoff I die a happy man.
it's so hard to find anyone that has the balls to play Rachmaninoff with any heart.
skill is different from heart...
any monkey can be trained to hit the right keys.
heart, in music, is when you can feel the intensity.
skill and rachmaninoff aren't enough.
you need to attack the keys, break the strings, and play till you hear nothing but the tap of the keys to the board. thats when you know rachmaninoff was played well...
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 20
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 1/5/2005 8:42:20 AM
i'm with agent...classical music, especially the violin concertos are awesome. i had the pleasure of seeing nigel kennedy perform and it was fantastic. vivaldi can really rock!
but in my heart, i will always truly love and be inspired by mozart.
 rory27
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/25/2005 3:18:20 PM
I'm obsessed with Shostakovich. Have about 30 CDs -- all his symphonies and string quartets.
Haydn's my no 2 fave.

Good symphony orch in my city, also lots of excellent chamber music venues.
 Fiddlenotes
Msg: 27
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/26/2005 1:05:06 PM
Our orchestra just finished playing Beethoven's 3rd Symphony, and I really grew to love it. Even the second movement, which is a death march. I learned that B. wrote this symphony originally for Napoleon, because he admired his "heroics" (Eroica), but scratched it off when N. named himself Emperor of France - just a bit of trivia....
 Spirited Wolf
Msg: 28
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 7:58:49 AM
mozart

schubert

chopin

just 3 of my favs.
 Spirited Wolf
Msg: 29
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 8:03:22 AM
i like wagner
 Spirited Wolf
Msg: 30
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 8:23:16 AM
i grew up with traditional classical music - love operas - love the three tenors - love how it reaches inside of you and takes a hold until its ready to let you go

i can sit with ear phones on and have it just a tad high and sigh from everything that evolves around

i love the sound of the harp and violins together

i was a bad piano student - but my love for it has lasted

mozarts piano concerto no. 26 in D minor - listening to it right now - reminds me of the old movies where people would do a waltz and talk about all the other women in the room very snobby like lol

i love classical
 Spirited Wolf
Msg: 31
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 8:44:45 AM
loved it as a child - in awe

now - not the same
 stubobb
Msg: 32
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 9:33:49 AM
Mahler most closely fits my moods lately.
I don't really get into small ensembles or chamber music. I go for the works that require a large orchestra, and I REALLY love organ music.
My favorite organ, over here in NYC at The Cathedral of St John the Devine, has been undergoing repairs for a long while. I need an organ fix very badly, LOL!
I'd really love to hear Saint-Saens' 3rd Sym played in a venue that actually had a great organ. That would be incredible.
 bassic
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/29/2005 8:43:59 PM
Yes
 jerryc79
Msg: 35
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 3/30/2005 10:27:31 AM
NPR is a great radio station. Especially when I'm bored and/or tired of listening to other kinds of music.
 justjazz
Msg: 37
Are there ANY fans of classical music on this site?
Posted: 4/4/2006 6:14:32 AM
Wow....a pianist with a phd without a job...theres something you dont see everyday! LMAO
 calaf
Msg: 38
Are there ANY fans of classical music on this site?
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:06:23 PM
Hey Rich. Nice to welcome another classical music fan. There are not many of us here. You really like Berg? That kind of stuff gives me a headache. Late romantic music is my favorite. Sibelius, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninof, Dvorak, Verdi, and Wagner. But there are MANY more that I love. In the past few years I have been seeking out lesser known composers and there are many. My favorites are from Russia and Scandinavia. Melartin, Madetoja, Ludolf Nielsen are good. Taneyev is an excellent Russian. Ever hear the Ostrcil Symphony?
 catman0
Msg: 39
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:10:41 PM
Yes, absolutely. One of the things that has connected me to some women, particularly my ex, is the shared appreciation of a phrase executed so as to touch the very soul. OK, that oozes but if it works for you - you know what I mean. It does for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Are there ANY fans of