Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ladies would you date a Vegan, Vegetarian?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ladies would you date a Vegan, Vegetarian?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ladies if you met this nice guy and you hit it off and you asked up to your place to eat for a nice turkey dinner or something with meat in the menu and he mention he's a Vegan vegetarian. Would you still see him and make him something that he could eat? Or would you dump him?
 caffeine7
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ladies would you date a Vegan, Vegetarian?
Posted: 12/4/2005 10:28:40 AM
No, I would not dump a guy cuz he was a vegetarian...i would dump him if he expected me to cook for him every night though...hehe
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2005 10:44:32 AM
Now I became a vegan about 10yrs ago because of health reasons. I ended up with Gout is a type of arthritis, a condition in which uric acid, a waste product that occurs naturally occurring within the body, rises above normal levels. Rather than being flushed by the kidneys and through the urine, as it normally is, it forms crystals and deposits in the joints. These deposits give rise to inflammation of the joints, causing pain, swelling, redness and tenderness of the area. Most typically the joint affected is that of the big toe, but gout can also affect the ankle, knee, foot, hand, wrist and elbow. Uric acid crystals may also form deposits in other areas such as under the skin or in other soft tissues, and in the kidney or urinary tract.
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:01:17 AM
no problem, glad you liked it.
 Patch364
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:58 PM
If I was truly interested in someone I wouldn't NOT date them because they were a vegetarian but I come from a big family of hunters and meat is always on our menu here. I myself love it and I think it would be hard for me to take it out of my diet for him. I know chances are he wouldn't ask me to but I have no idea how he'd deal eating at my house when we eat it at almost every meal.
 Leeanne
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:01:55 PM
There should be no problems with dating anyone because of the foods they choose to eat - that would be weird if it was a problem. I guess I really don't understand why it would be a prob.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:29:42 AM
I would still have him over and just make something he could eat. As long as we respect each other's choices, there isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.
 sillychick
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:35:31 AM
No problem dating a Vegan or Vegetarian as long as they don't try and convert me. It's easy enough to make dishes that are meatless and cook the meat on the side and eat that myself.
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:24:26 PM
tttbugs there is veggie hot dogs and veggie burgers that can be BBQ'ed, and they taste almost the same as meat.
 sillychick
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:29:44 PM
and you can BBQ all kinds of veggies that are yummy and some vegatarians eat fish and you can grill that all up too...i'd surely not place limitations on what a person eats to make them compatible.
 Diggy03
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:51:21 PM
I would date a vegan/vegetarian. I myself at one point in my life was a pesco-vegetarian.
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:01:11 AM
I believe no one should be pressured into anything they don't want to. I became a vegan because of health reasons (see top of page 1) and I've found my whole out look on life has changed because of that, and my health has improved.
 hawkrave
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:32:40 AM
Sure I would try and find stuff that the guy could eat and I am sure he himself knows alot of recipes or places that he can go eat.

I mean I myself don't eat that much meat but I eat eggs and fish. So the guy would have to not freak out at me and try to change me into what he totally eats and I would not try and change what he eats.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/29/2006 1:38:01 PM
Speaking on behalf of women. I know I am opening myself up to some ribbing due to the fact I am a guy. LOL - womens problem would be if a guy did not eat fish
 chiqlit
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:38:10 PM
I would date a vegan, but they couldnt always be disgusted at the meat I eat. People have preferences and it is no different if they liked white or chocolate milk. I just wouldnt want them shoving their beliefs down my throat.
 Celticmist
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/6/2006 4:11:13 PM
No dogs either Rascal, Mojo would get upset LOL

I have so many food allergies that dealing with a man's preferences in menu would not bother me - if you care for someone, it is a small thing to do imho
 t-gurl
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/6/2007 2:52:22 AM
Interesting. Three pages and two years later and nobody's really distinguished between vegetarians and vegans or the reasons for becoming either one.

If a person becamea vegetarian for health reasons, then sure, I would date them, as long as (as many people have mentioned), they didn't try to convert me. I like my meat. And there also has to be some give and take. Want me to cook a vegetarian meal for you? Are you prepared to bbq a steak for me?

If it's a moral, ethics, animal treatment / exploitation sort of reason, then no, probably not. That's more likely for us to have socio-political differences that are unresolveable.

True vegans are vegetarians to the extreme and will not consume or USE anything derived from animals. No milk, eggs, leather, silk, wool etc. It's as much or more of a moral issue than a health one. So dating a vegan? Ain't gonna happen. And I know all the vegans out there are absolutely heart-broken right now
 Onaturel
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/6/2007 9:14:14 AM
OMG YES!!
I would be soo thrilled to meet a vegan/vegetarian that I was also interested in dating!!! However I would never limit myself to that as I would never go on a date!!! I only know one male veg personally and he's married.
 ~Noella~
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/6/2007 10:44:30 AM
Due to health issues I am not only Lactose but "Catene" intolerant. This is a chemical used in most dairy processes, including Soy beverages. So not many substitutes available to me either.

I LOVE red meat, but stay away from potatoes as much as possible... don't ya know, that stuff gets in yer mouth?!!!!! I wouldn't kick a good man outta bed for eating celery, and would think he wouldn't kick me out for eating ribs.

My question is this, if lactose intolerant people swallow, and they do...lol...why wouldn't Vegans?
 t-gurl
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/6/2007 1:11:42 PM
and for that reason T-gurl, I've been asked by several people to ask my sister "Do Vegans swallow?"

Well, all I can say is that some of the literature on the subject actually specifies "non-human" animals So I guess cannibalism is ok

VVVVV Nope, Vegans will not use anything where animals are exploited either. Like milk, cheese, eggs, wool etc.
 rednready
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 9:12:09 AM
absolutely, healthy is in, and would a Vegan, Vegetarian be upset if the companion decides to have a steak??? hmmmm NEVER dump a good companion, eating alone sucks
 rednready
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 9:14:59 AM
oh those #$%%^deposits... you are right, since I switched to more vegetables... there has been a noticeable improvement in less swelling and more mobility
 socialbutter36
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/20/2007 2:25:04 PM
to twotrue I have 2 nephews that are 16 and 14 and both are vegan, When we have family get togethers we always make something for them. I do not eat red meat but i eat healthy
 Bsweet2U
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:48:50 AM
It always gets me when people say "eat MY meat" or "Can't give up MY meat". I find myself having to say "what do mean YOUR meat...don't you mean the poor dead animals meat?"
 vegan goddess
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/2/2008 6:48:23 PM
Of course I'd date a veggie/vegan guy since I'm a vegan and nothing could be more perfect than that. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ladies would you date a Vegan, Vegetarian?