Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and the monthly cycle      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 huhoney
Msg: 5
Dating and the monthly cyclePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
poor lil boy... weren't u the one pulling apart your mother's tampons and using them for cat toys... or bottle rocket plugs? i wish for one day a guy could feel the pain of child birth, miscarriage, pregnancy, monthly cycle, bloating, swollen boobs, or just trying to feel fresh and clean. uncaring b-----d. may you die and come back as a women! o, am i pms?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 27
Dating and the monthly cycle
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:02:37 AM
i definitely suffer from PMS. it's almost a blessing when my period gets here.

everyone gets cysts on their ovaries, usually they dissolve and go away. sometimes they don't. i had one rupture recently and found myself in the emergency room. as far as i know it didn't have anything to do with PMS.

not everyone gets crabby either. i get extremely tired and sad.

suggestions for women: exercise, go tanning - my doctor actually suggested this. even fake sunshine can lift your spirits. try to keep everything low key and as stress free as possible. take a vitamin with magnesium in it. quit smoking. if you take birth control pills have your gyno put you on another kind. this can have a lot to do with it

suggestions for men: be nice and understanding. bring chocolate
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:14:35 AM
this wasn't addressed to me but i can answer it.

first, we can't help it. it can be a physical pain (with crapms, sore breasts etc) but a lot of it is an emotional pain. someone posted it does take practice and discipline and they were right. i always speak slower, spend a lot of time alone with kleenex and lifetime movies and try to remember the people i care about don't want me to suffer.

now, if i can do my best to try to compensate for wacky hormones, i expect them to be able to as well. avoid saying and doing stupid things during this time

second, it's NOTHING like getting hit in the sack. that's a brief physical pain with an easily identifiable cause. feeling irritable and very sad for no reason is MUCH tougher to live with and MUCH tougher to fix
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:29:03 AM
i know MOST of you don't mean to be jerks. it's just that, at least for me, every thing rational leaves my brain.

like i said my experience of it is sadness. i mean i wake up in the morning and it's like my whole world has fallen apart. i rarely nag, i usually say idiotic things like, are you not attracted to me anymore? am i ugly? then don't believe him no matter what he says.

the best thing for me is to take a few nights alone. the best thing a guy can do for me is to call me on those nights i take alone and just check up. my boyfriend does it and specifically says he wants to make sure i'm ok. reassures me that i'm not alone in the world and saves us both from a miserable night.

then once PMS is over i'm back to my sweet and playful self.

edit: i have PMS this week actually. very much looking forward to sunday/monday when aunt flo gets here :)
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/9/2005 7:28:19 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

sure you did

edit: that came out snottier than i meant it to. i have it. trust me, it's very very real. if you don't believe in the hormone part of it, then believe that when your breasts are so sore you just want them gone and your stomach and back pain prevents much movement at all that you will become extremely moody!
 RoCkSt*R69®
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/9/2005 3:10:49 PM
Girls dont suffer from PMS, guys are the ones who suffer from it :)
 prolibertate
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:01:50 AM
Um, did you know that she actually had her cycle on your last date? Or are you assuming she did? Perhaps she *didn't* want anything to do with you, or was moody for another reason, on that particular night...or did you actually ask her is she had PMS?! Personally, in my experience, most women are *more* affectionate during that time of the month...and while, sure, some can be moody due to PMS, there are things one can take that help with that.
 tcky123
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:23:12 AM
with me when my period is near and my bf makes snores or even eat hard I scream, I use to cry a lot for no reason and I hate bright lights and noise when my pms hits.
 tcky123
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:47:28 AM
sorry yes eat loudly.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:11:34 AM
ask something easier... like what the
cycles on the washing machine are for....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and the monthly cycle