Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 truelove68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 1 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I am wanting everyones views on suicide over a broken heart. Your thoughts matter. Give your own advice about this subject....
 Muskogeeokie
Msg: 2
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:14:20 PM
Suicide it the easy way out for everything. I should know. I went through a 4 year phase where I was suicidal. It takes alot to get away from that, but it's possible.
 Mike Anthony
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:22:30 PM
I hope its not you that is thinking of doing this... its just not worth ending your life over someone. I know its hard right now and you feel worthless but in time and only time well make you feel better..think of all the people that love you ( family and friends) that you are going to hurt by doing this, do you want them to feel a loss like you are feeling. Please seek professional help who ever might be thinking this.
 thecraig1
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:24:16 PM
i think thats some bull shit. i mean i wanted to commit suiside when i lost my last girlfriend it was true love i couldnt belive it could be over. but i got drunk and spit on a cop and went to jail. in jail i thought about suicide and how it would be and "excape" but what if when u did u stay here and have to watch all of your loved one be hurt. and you want to comfort them but they cand see you. i felt this way in jail and a vowed i would never kill myself not for me but cuz of all the people it will effect. i feel suicide is selfish. if u live u have a chance to love another. and make some one else happy think of all the things u can do if u live! if u need someone to talk too im here
 WorkingGirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:29:15 PM
Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

There's always another love waiting around the corner - possibly the love of your life :)
 jazzhomie
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:30:08 PM
^ Uh, you didn't actually commit suicide, so you don't know whether it's the easy way out. All you know is that moping around in self pity, and bogging people around you with guilt, is the easy way out of actually living.

Real suicide is a very, very hard way out. It takes incredible guts to pull it off. You have to overcome the fear of death. That's way scarier than, say, diving off a clif with a parachute. Or going into combat. Or confronting a dangerous animal. You only face the ^possibility^ of death in those circumstances, not ^certain^ death. Actually the death isn't even certain. There is the big possibility that you will survive, with a body that is messed up in some way. Maybe a disability for the rest of your life. So do your research so that doesn't happen. For instance, the shotgun goes in the mouth, not under the chin. Or else you could blow your face off, missing the brains ... and then ^live^ with no face!

Real suiciders don't manipulate people with idle threats. One day they are just gone without a warning. That's the way to do it.
 cat4005
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:30:13 PM
Having dealt with depression off and on throughout my life I understand thoughts of suicide. Took me many, many years to know that suicide is not an option-EVER. If someone is so consumed in another's life that they do not want to live without them then they do not have a life of their own. A person needs to be themselves first before they are able to be a part of someone else.
 jazzhomie
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:38:04 PM
[quite]here's always another love waiting around the corner - possibly the love of your life :)

What if death is the love of your life? Don't wait, she's waiting with open arms!

I think Japanese suicide is the coolest. Seppuku! The real thing. That is to say, bleedling to death for hours with your stomach slit open. No help from an assistant who beheads you with a sword after you make the cuts!

If you want to make a bold statement, you have to choose a long, drawn-out, painful suicide. That way you will really hurt all those motherf#ckers who made your life miserable.

MISS13
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/10/2005 2:59:37 PM
Thought about it once for a second...and then this really cute guy walked by...no, really I love life-could never think things were that bad.
 jrguitar23
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/10/2005 3:55:16 PM
Suicide is understandable, but not justifiable. Nothing hurts as bad as a broken heart, and some people's tolerances for pain aren't as high. I think women handle breakups MUCH better than men, as far as I can see. They're more mature about getting on with it, and most of the time can move on in a short time. When I was younger, (like in my twenties) a breakup was devastating, and several times I actually contemplated eating a bullet. Somehow the little voice in my head convinced me otherwise, and now, a breakup just leaves me feeling hollow. I fill the cracks with beer and weed, and the loneliness grows numb. I've been on a 21 month "hollow feeling", with ONE date. I had company over and cooked for them,and although I was a perfect host, that's all I was. I had no "game", so to speak. Even the hug at the end of the night produced nothing in the way of excitement. If one can get their "game" back, one can get on witrh their life.
 jrguitar23
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/10/2005 3:56:06 PM
DUH, double post.....
 sugarbee
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/10/2005 4:01:39 PM
I think it's sad and pathetic to rely on someone else for complete self worth and happiness- once you are dependent on someone else for that,you give them a lot of power. It can be scary to be on the other end of that relationship- where you know the depend on you for so much.

Maybe they think it's easier to commit suicide than to work on being a stronger person and start over in the dating world. There's no excuse for committing suicide- I think it's a selfish act and an easy way out.

I think people should love themselves too much to even want to hurt themselves!
 jimb77
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/10/2005 4:02:02 PM
Sad. No one is worth that.
 Coastergal
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2005 4:16:02 PM
Suicide over a broken heart.....????

It is quite odd how our hearts are such little organs..... yet they have so much room for love!

I know that it is a very deep pain..... but it is NOT worth ending a life for......

Whenyou're heart is broken... it's best to cry and cry.... write a journel of your feelings and watch your journey to healing! Once you're not crying anymore... pick yourself up and start dating again! MOVE on!!!! Thats the best thing to do...

committing suicide..... would hurt your loved ones..... deeper then a broken heart.....

Another person is not worth that.....

If you are feeling that way... Please call a suicide hotline..... or call your best friend and let them know youre in a really fragile state and you need their understanding and love....
 Thermal_Trim
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:34:20 PM
I seen a person up close and personal end there life on a subway track I seen a guy in a three piece suit look at his watch and say now im going to be lait for work I think maybe you should think of others before you end your life everyone around you will be efected family friends and somtimes people you dont even know >>>just so people due know the little yellow box that says police use only accross from you on the platform of a subway station inside it is a body bag sawdust and a shovel somthing I never wanted to know
 Torkidon
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:48:03 PM
what do i think? I think they read romeo and juliet to closely and somehow think suicide will solve their problems rather then amplify them. Its also a pathetic cheap way out of a situation
 IdahoGal
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:54:55 PM
Hearing about people who actually do this is so sad to me. I know it feels like you're going to die, but given some time and friends, and things start to heal. My advice to someone who needs to get over a lost love is to cry alot, read sad poems, watch very sad movies, and completely indulge your depression and heartbreak. Funny thing is, after a short time, maybe a week or so of this, and you will start to get bored. If you try to rush it, as if nothing can ever be the same, you're setting yourself up for some serious mental problems. Give in to heartbeak..it's the only way it can heal- and leave your body alone! It will not die because of it, I promise. If things get too unbearable and a person needs someone to talk to, I'd like to volunteer. I have 50+ yrs of experiences to draw from and I'm a good listener. Find me in yahoo msgr as "redmane_at_stargazer" most evenings. The best to those who need it the most, Carol in Idaho
 brilliantlysassy
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:06:49 PM
I said this on another thread that was talking about suicide: While there's life there's hope. Always. The heartbreak is there, it's real, it's bad. But it's not the sum total of what life is all about, even though it feels that way. I've been there...got my heart broken all over everywhere in a very public way. But there's not one person on the face of this earth who gets to determine for me the value of my life. The person who broke my heart obviously didn't recognize my value, and that person does not have permission to destroy me. So...for a broken heart, suicide is not an option. I don't think suicide is ever an option. The best way to win this battle is to stand up, shake the dirt off your feet, and walk on into the great adventure of tomorrow. Nobody knows what it holds until tomorrow becomes today. And even then nobody really knows until they look back, in hindsight, after today has become yesterday.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:07:39 PM

Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

There's always another love waiting around the corner - possibly the love of your life :)

these are some of the most awesome words you will read....and obviously from one awesome mind.....
 Bartalo
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:13:59 PM
First of all..please don't listen to one word jazzhommie said..suicide is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit..and i know just from your post that your not at all selfish...you loved someone ..possibly still do..and loving someone is very very unselfish...if you are thinking of taking your life..do exactly what your doing now ...and thats talk to people...infact...look in the phone book...there are suicide prevention call centers ..most are 24/7...seek professional help...talk to people you love about it if you can...lots of people think of suicide at one time in thier life..and don't go through with it..and have a wonderful life now...so your not alone on your thinking...but i do know you do have a future and it is going to get better..you will love again...there are people who care...I DO
 tigersamtempting
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:33:18 PM
Sorry if this is a little over the top for info ,, but you asked and it struck a cord so i'll answer,,, My Mother committed suicide when i was 10, tore my world to shreds! her and dad were in the middle of a divorce and although i have no answers why she did what she did,, i can tell you that no matter what the world throws at me i wouldn't ever do to my kids what she did to me and my sister. period!! did she do it over a broken heart,, i dont know ,, maybe?? i never learned all the answers and my dad refuses to talk about it,, so ,, life goes on!! that is NEVER the answer,, for one,, you totally let down those that love you #2 think about this advice:::: no matter what is or has happened in "your" life,, there is someone , somewhere either now or before you that has it or has had it much tougher than you !! are you actually that weak that you can't make it when others who are even weaker than you managed to make a life for themselves,,,#3 if you happen to have children,,, wouldnt you be destroying their world?? #4 dont forget the fact that if you happen to be religious,, you will burn in hell?? think about knowing your children as they grow up without you and the simple fact that no matter what they do, hope or want, they have to live with the fact that nothing they do will ever give them the peace to be able on a spiritual level to look forward to heaven because the one person that matters to them most is currently burning in hell... there is a carrot for you to chew on.

talk about dragging up past memories,,, gee thanks
 *stush*
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:45:49 PM
IVE READ WHAT SOME IGNORENT PEOPLE HAD TO SAY ABOUT SUICIDE AND I USED TO BE JUST LIKE THEM....... SO UP MY OWN A** THAT I DIDDNT SEE WHAT WAS RIGHT INFRONT OF ME! I ALWAYS SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO COMMIT SUICIDE WERE FAILURES WHO TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT............ THEN I FOUND MY BROTHER HANGING 10 DAYS AGO
AT 27 YEARS OLD.
HE WAS NEVER SELFISH OR A COWARD LIKE SOME PEOPLE ARE MAKING THEM OUT TO BE HE WAS A BRAVE AND PROUD MAN, SO FOR THEM PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEIR NOSE TO HIGH IN THE AIR?
PLEASE DONT JUDGE WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER FELT!
AND FOR THEM THAT FEEL THAT HELPLESS?
PLEASE! HOLD ON BECOUSE TOMOROW WILL BE A BRIGHTER DAY!
DONT BE TOO PROUD TO ASK FOR HELP BECOUSE THERES ALOT MORE PEOPLE THAT CARE 4 AND LOVE YOU THEN YOU THINK!!
 jazzhomie
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:49:01 PM

First of all..please don't listen to one word jazzhommie said..suicide is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit..

I didn't say anything on the subject of it being selfish or selfless. Since suicide is the self destroying the self, I don't see how it can be regarded as anything but selfish. It's one of the supreme rights of the individual.

Go f#ck yourself, dipshit. People will read whatever they want.
 nosoup4u
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:55:28 PM
Ah, Jazz homie is looking for attention again. like he doesnt get enough kneeling in front of his homies. Suicide is a sad thing and my belief is that someone has a predisposition to depression caused by either emotional trauma or chemical imbalance. If everyone commited suicide who had their heart broken the funeral parlors would be working overtime. Suicide is no laughing matter and I suggest to anyone thinking about it to call the help line or book themselves in the psych ward until they get a handle on things.
 sugarbee
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/10/2005 7:17:11 PM

Ah, Jazz homie is looking for attention again.

And apparently has never taken a psychology class in his life
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??