Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Let me analyse your profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemystery
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Let me analyse your profilePage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Nothing wrong with your profile...you seem bright, very well spoken, attractive...I love the quote about music...there should be highly intellegnt men responding to you. It may be a bit wordy, but that is OK as you will weed out the players and thugs this way....wish I was in the UK!!
 SliverOfHope
Msg: 14
Let me analyse your profile
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:47:56 PM
Hi would you take a look at my profile and let me know what you think?
 all smiles here
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/14/2005 11:02:05 PM
Hey there Magz:
Could you look at my profile and tell me what you think? Also all other opinions would be great.
Thx
 SliverOfHope
Msg: 22
SliverofHope..I am mostly bouyed by hope..and faith..
Posted: 12/15/2005 3:01:30 PM
Thanks for the review, glad to hear there are fellow warped senses of humour out there still. The programs I run vary, they are things from arts and crafts to sports to swim lessons etc.
 Olddog
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2005 9:54:42 PM
Lions, and Tigers and Bears, OH MY! Gal you is way too serious. Try being just silly. Its fun.
 shelleybear
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:22:54 PM
Decent profile.
Eloquent and lyrical.
Lots of pictures that convey much abouvt you.
Now you do mine.
 djc02359
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:13:42 AM
Hey! I'll take some constructive criticism...anyone want to analyze mine? I'd especially like to hear a man's point of view...
 djc02359
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:19:44 AM
Ma-che-fai-tu~ great profile..shows lots of different sides of a complex individual~wish I was younger!!
 CSFive
Msg: 58
Let me analyse your profile - magz1
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:05 AM
My thoughts on your profile -
* You may want to check the beach photo - I can't really see what's going on (I know I also have a picture that looks like big pixels that I'm trying to fix).
* I like that you have a number of pictures, and the Africa ones are really great because it's clear from your profile why they're there (it's part of you) - I hate when people have pictures of random things without any clear reason given for them (and if you took those pictures, you're awesome at taking pictures!)
* I would try to list some interests - I'd guess that everyone technically has too many to mention, but you can try to list some that you identify with most, that others identify with you most, or that could involve anyone you're hoping to meet (like if you do yoga alone, leave it off, but if you're looking for somebody to go boating with, include that)
* I don't really know how cold it is in the UK during the winter months, but if walking on the beach would be unpleasent, you may want to include a winter option. Also, unless you expand your interests section, I think you should be more detailed on what you like doing with other people.

Disclaimers: I'm new on the site, and didn't read any of the other reviews (wanted an open mind), so hopefully I added some new insight as an outsider.
 CSFive
Msg: 65
CSFive - CSI (Crime Scene Investigation??)
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:59:55 AM
I guess I am limiting people without easy access (beyond an hours drive, I'd say). I've put that people must live within 75 miles - do you think I should explain that in more detail?

I commented that camping would not be for a first date - is your comment saying that's obvious and I don't need to state it? I guess taking it out and seeing if anyone proposes it would help weed out those without a head on their shoulders.

There are a couple reasons I listed the books. I really want anyone who's anti-reading to stay away, and I've also read elsewhere in the forums that if you list "reading" but don't name books people will think you're full of it. Maybe just listing types of books would be better for starting a conversation though?

I don't believe it's arrogant to say I have a bias toward those who are college educated, especially as I make an exception for intelligent people. Do you think I should reword it to remove reference to college and just talk about how I'd like someone intelligent? Education is extremely important to me, as I know life before my father went to college and after (and when he went, you could say that he had no opportunity, having six kids, no job, no money, being 90 minutes from the nearest school, and having family, friends, and former teachers who told him he'd never make it, but he found a way anyway). However, I also know some people have opportunities so great that they put off education (Bill Gates, for example), so I don't want to make education of cut-off. Thoughts? I certainly know I can learn from people without college degrees - I worked construction to earn part of the money that made my education possible (among many other jobs).

Do you think there is stuff I should cut? It's much longer than almost anyone else's I've looked at. Should I comment on what CSFive stands for (you're the first to ever ask - it's Ctrl+Shift+5 in AIM, and of course the story goes from there)?
 CSFive
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:20:03 AM
I also updated my profile trying to take some of your suggestions in mind, so if you have any more thoughts, I'd be happy to hear those. Let me know if you'd also like more feedback from me - it seems that a lot of posters here have been getting help from you, but not sharing in return (unless maybe they were sending comments directly to you).
 djc02359
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:23:57 AM
Morefunwith~OUCH..that hurt! Negative?? Contradicting? Was I running people down??

You've answered a lot of questions for me..I guess that if THAT's the impression I am giving people then I definitely need a profile overhaul.

...and now the truth..I cut and pasted the profile from another site. It was actually a man's profile that I liked and I just changed the things that didn't apply.

PS I'm glad you were trying to help, because I still feel the urge to crawl into a cave and lick my wounds.
 djc02359
Msg: 68
view profile
History
djc02359..well you asked for it!!
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:29:20 AM
magz1~ I didn't mean that I didn't want a woman's opinion. I only asked for a man's opinion because that's the gender I am interested in dating. I would especially LOVE to your opinion now to see if you think I'm as big a jerk as her does.
 Sweet_Sexy_Sassy79
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:47:10 AM
Please analyze my profile for me! Be as honest and harsh as you wish!

Thanks,
Kimberly
 MDNinja
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:21:32 PM
I need mine reviewed.
 CSFive
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:01:38 AM

dont know what AIM is??? omigod...does this mean I am stoopid!!

Not at all - I kind of wish I didn't know what it was!
 Sweet_Sexy_Sassy79
Msg: 89
view profile
History
sweetsassy79- and you really are
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:39:05 PM
I added a few more pics. Which would you suggest to use for my main pic? Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't really realize I was coming off as vulnerable :) Although I have heard I am too sweet and nice :) I will be updating my profile tonite.

Kimberly
 djc02359
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:35:06 AM
"I do not attack people unless first attacked."

Did I attack you Robert?? Cause I cetainly felt like I was being attacked when you did mine! I admit I asked for someone to review, but you may want to read some of Magz's reviews..they are all helpful w/o slamming the person.
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 119
tiedyedave..the rave
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:33:25 PM
Magz1-I read your profile a while back after seeing something you posted on another thread somewhere, and you seem to be very articulate, intelligent, and kind, not to mention well-traveled!! I had considered starting my own thread to ask for male opinions of my profile, but after seeing how nicely you offer constructive criticism to people, I figure maybe my ego can handle a review from you better than randomly asking for just anyone's input for now.
I know the lack of photos can be a negative, but as I am a single mother, and work in a sometimes fairly intrusive field, I am not willing to do that unless it is on a private basis. I think I addressed this particular aspect adequately up front-what do you think? Any other input is welcome, as well. Thank you in advance.
 Happy_thoughts
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:46:55 PM
I'm interested , how's mine?
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 126
lynsteph74
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:14:06 PM
OK, ok, I will find something to put up there in the photo slot, and you can check it in a few days, i will prolly incorporate some of your ideas.........thank you very much for your feedback!! (and, nope, no fishing, for me, at all, period, LOL, I will cook em, I will eat em, I CAN catch em, I CAN clean em, but you know what? the ones at the store are already CLEANED!!!!! and ya dont have to touch snakey nightcrawlers for them, either, LOL...its much better for me to read my book then reward my "hunter" with a big ole smooch, I think, LOL)
Again, many thanks!
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 128
lynsteph74
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:14:03 PM
Cute aint she????LOL, nope that is NOT me, but i certainly hope to age that....gracefully, LOL. I figured, it isnt going to look like I am chicken with her there, and nobody can say i am false advertising, huh? I cant post my own pic-due to work......have ahd 3 emails since putting her there, though, LOL...
 Man_Of_Adventure
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Hey Magx ...
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:14:32 PM
Magz,

Love your accent...and certainly would appreciate any ideas you have for improving my profile.

Thanks in advance!
 loocom20
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:05:57 PM
Hey! if your still checking this I'd like it if you took a look at mine! I'm checking yours right now, I'll let you know for sure!
 Bandito
Msg: 140
loocom20 locomotive
Posted: 1/13/2006 2:05:49 PM
just jumped into say hi magz1, superb job! You are a doll She saved my life and countless others...I would be still here sending out e-mails headlined NICE BOOBS!!! if not for magz1

ummm...okay...I still do but it works 1 in a million times so why stop?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Let me analyse your profile