Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > signs that u shouldnt date someone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobebear
Msg: 3
signs that u shouldnt date someonePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
ummmmm, 4 legs???
 huhoney
Msg: 15
signs that u shouldnt date someone
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:18:22 AM
if you go into a bar together and he sits where he can watch you at the bar while talking, and he can also watch the table of ten women behind you! this guy is a player, and only play if you like the game, then move on.
 Guess_Who_Is_Talking
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:59:11 AM

how do u usually know that a guy is totally into u

* He thinks you are the best looking chick in the universe, and lets you know it.
* You are his priority and he makes time for you, no matter how "busy" he is
*He calls. He wants to spend time with you.
* He is interested in you, in your life, in your past, present and future.
* He does not have innumerable female "friends" he is very close to, and has to visit in the middle of the night, or, if he does, he has introduced you to them, and not for the purposes of threesomes.
* He does not ask for a threesome when you introduce him to your female friends.
* He treats you with respect and curtesy at all times.
* He introduces you to his friends and family.
* He is into you ,and he lets you know it.

In my extensive experience: when a man truly likes you, he is not afraid to give you compliments. More importantly, he will BEHAVE in a way that is conducive to behavior of someone who likes you. You can tell if your neighbor, your co worker, your boss or your female friends like you. You should be able to tell if a guy likes you. If you have to ask yourself whether he is truly into you, he is not. Unless, he is a guy, who is unable to show affection, who is emotionally unavailable, has attachment issues, is commitment phobic, is a player, is not ready for a relationship, etc. In which case, why would you want him in the first place.

There are plenty of fish in the pond. Do not be concerned about the ones who bite, but don't swallow. You need to concern yourself only with finding only one. The sooner you get rid of the one who is not into you is the sooner you find the one who will be.
 tcky123
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:54:22 PM
branlynn and myself should say sign that ladies should not date some one only if his****is less than 6 ins, just fed up with the weight bashing shit.
 Wessticles
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:01:04 AM
Well if he/she had the same "Interests" as what I have in my profile. That could be a sign. Or if the first thing that comes out of his/her mouth are " Nice shoes, Wanna Phuk". There's another.

But on a serious note. Just pay attention to the little things. His/her voice when he/she talks about differant subjects, his/her opinion and advice. If he/she's not willing to talk about his/her past or avoids the topic. Honesty helps when getting to know them. Wether or not you want to know. Ask questions. Find out What they want or where they want to go. A good one is "Where do you want to be in 5 yrs" Can you see yourself committed (and not in a mental hospital).
 Polly_G
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:16:07 AM
1. He describes all of his last ex's as being psycho...your bound to be the next pscyho on the list
2. When they try to hit you up for personal loans within the first week of dating
3. If he has to go visit his mother everyday - sorry....but momma's boys are usually looking for a mother figure not a gf

rippenrock, be careful there. That stuff is ok to ask maybe after the 2nd date or after some kind of friendship bond is established through talk/email but if I guy (or girl) brings that stuff up too soon it kind of scare someone way. Its not about their fear of committment, they just don't know you and may have a different style. Pour moi, it feels like I'm being asked to make a decision about you that I'm unsure of yet. Some people if you tell this stuff to would take it to mean it applied specifically to them. First I wanna see if you even like me as me and vice-versa.
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:01:16 PM
check him out and make sure he isnt married!
-if he only gives you a cell number then worry. he might have a wife that answers his home number.

but if you are asking for a sign NOT to date someone then he has already given you the sign. Dont date him because you already have a gut feeling that there is a reason not to see him. follow your gut instinct.
 MauiKeith
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 9:42:06 PM
any bad feeling you get in your gut.

anything they do that you don't like yet feel like you'd rather not confront them on

also: i never take off my clothes with someone who's problems I can't stand listening to. If I want to kiss her just to het her to shut up, it's really bad news.
 what am I doing here?
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:34:21 PM
If you are having fun with him then just keep having fun and see where it goes from there. If it is going to last for the long haul getting to know someone is a long process. Take it easy and just enjoy the time you are spending together. Maybe it will really turn into something or maybe you will end up with a good friend hard to tell early on.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > signs that u shouldnt date someone