Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 5
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 1 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
no way!! i'd miss the warm beachy places and i wouldn't want to go far from home.

i adore the midwest and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. for anyone
 shelleybear
Msg: 6
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:15:14 AM
Speaking as someone who lived in Canada for 14 years, I'd move back in a second for the right woman.
The country is fine, and, while the taxes may be higher, they go to finance thigs like socialized medicine and other useful programs.
The American system for taking care of it's citizens is best summed up by the phrase "Tough it out."
One that I have found considerable disgusting over the years.
 shelleybear
Msg: 7
 TiredDaddy
Msg: 9
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 9:20:08 AM
I'd go almost anywhere provided my kids could be well educated there and I could find work.....

As for Canada....sure...I'd go.
 shelleybear
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/22/2005 9:47:03 AM
Ah, the voice of knowledge.
Sorry, but I did live up there and I find that most people who make statements about Canada don't know their ass from a hole on the ground.
Most Canadians who make statements about the U.S. on the other hand, know what they are talking about.
 petetoky
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:28:32 AM
When I was young-I always associated "Suitcase" with "Canada" and visa-versa. Was I seeing into my future? Or was I just a child of the 60's-when a lot of men were, avoiding the draft and left for Canada?

I wouldn't move........because, Canada is becoming more, Anti God. So, too is America. So, i'll just stay put. But, maybe one day I will move to Israel. I can actually see that as a possibilty.
 shelleybear
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:06:12 PM
Let me know what happens to you $80,000.00 when you get sick?
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:17:46 PM
Wouldnt move to the USA. If you are educated its easy to go down and get a job. Not wanting to be part of the brain drain. Have had too many friends go down and have to move back after a few years. Just the nonstop patriotic rhetoric, viloent crime, gun mania and lack of healthcare, presidents are diefied instead of treated like a public sevant. No longer even worth going there for the cheap gas...it isnt cheap anymore. Although with the US$ plummeting over the last few years it is a cheap place to shop. Nice place to visit but I wouldnt live there.

Please dont think I am knocking americans. I have many american friends.

sagittariuslibrarising Thanks for complementing the city I live in. Its the best place in Canada and our harsh winter is over now...we had frost all last week but its back to being warm. might get another frosty day in Jan but the grass is still green and the trees are still green...the whole country isnt like Saskatchewan.
 twang67
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:26:45 PM
Move from British Columbia............Not in this Century never this is home and my paradise I once moved to Ontario for a woman I was seeing I was home sick for the mountains, crystal clear waters, and scenery in general. Ive been to the states for a visit and I liked most of the people I met but even southern cal with its sunny weather could not convince me.
Sorry I may be biased but Vancouver is not voted one of the nicest citys in the world for nothing.
 shelleybear
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:10:59 PM
I could NOT have said it better myself!

... faq the environment, obfuscate and contravene the constitution, stack the supreme court, trample human rights, torture, render and disappear innocent civilians of middle eastern origins, bomb children of foreign leaders, instigate coups in democratic third world countries, fund terror campaigns in central america, pervert and misrepresent intelligence documents, coerce eastern euroean nations, invade panama, threaten iran and north korea, fail to plan New Orleans evacuation kind of Republicans... yeah, you're mostly right. We don't have too many republicans here...
 shelleybear
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:13:15 PM
Just don't get sick.

Canadians, if you would avoid Wash DC, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas and Los Angeles, you would find the US to be quite friendly and generally safe (at least as safe as Montreal).
 racind42
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:26:15 PM
Absolutley. 100% I travelled down south for 6 years 20 weeks a year all over the US.
Some great places down there. With Arizona, Florida, Texas and California being amongst my fav. places.
A great lady and a job in a Harley dealership..........Leave tomorrow, ok not until the New Year
 twisted40
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:15:53 PM
NO! unless i was absolutely in love!!i mean head over heels, im with you till the day i die, kind of love. im with my man now. he s not gonna get rid of me unless he shoots me.
 mogrl
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:39:36 AM
I would not make the move and thats why when i`m in the dating mood my profile has the 75 mile distance restriction .That way i can`t be contacted by temptation.I dated a canadian for 3 years and all i got to know was the GTA .I am european and the first time i went to Toronto i felt like i went back in time by 20 years.It was amazing and i love that city but as long as i still have school age children i won`t even consider it.The difference in the weather wouldn`t bother me ,again it would be like going back in time by 20 years.
 idgaf
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:06:35 AM
Move, most likely not as there are too many problems (unless you are retired) but I did live with a woman 24/7 for a year and we commutted back and forth.

Both County's have their advantage and disadvantages and costs of travel can be offset by buying whats cheap in one contry and bringing it to the other. Unless you establish deul citizenship for the transplant I see continious problems.

Even being retired the Canadian citizen has to spend 6 months a yr there or they lose their pension which could be a problem with illness or just the desire to stay in one place.

If we are to have open borders with anyone it should be with Canada.
 sddude
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/24/2005 11:28:31 AM
I would rather be single all my life than to move to a place whre the beaches are cold most of the year , man I cannot even imagine that , it is christmas eve right now , I have surfe and am in my shorts and flipflops , ready to drive a few minutes spoth for some street tacos and outdoor live music at the beach , man that would suck to move to anyother place . Why not move here ?

Lived in florida before , my apartment went flat and the summer too humid and the bugs , otherwise the beach is awesome .

Better here , who want to move here ? I need some roomates , got aroom ready for you and and extra board , the waves are kicking and the beach clubs are rumbling
 Ldygmr
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:39:21 PM
Are you kidding?

Have you SEEN some of these canadian HOTTIES!?

Heck yeah, I'd move! I have nothing tying me to any specific location.
 shelleybear
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:18:43 AM
Better educated then ignorant.
But I'm not even going to try with the likes of you.
 small*mtn*lake
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:34:36 AM
My feeling is that it would be exciting to live there ....... and might improve my golf game. She would have to help me, of course, and there would have to be opportunities for me to earn as well as I do here ! There is a lot of myth about differences, and a lot of Canadians think we have it so much better, but our society isn't improving. Have to be the right girl
 sddude
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:02:12 PM
all of you get your heads put of your butts , it is gooey in there .

YOu guys talk about politics and simantics all superficial stuff , news politics and healthcare , to me waves are waves , snowboarding is snowboarding , inside the house and with the one you love is it , only the job is to be found , I work for the gove , Uncle sam , I do not care about politics and news
What ios the difference ? You create the effect with your votes , one day when you are really old you will not care
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:11:44 PM
you people amaze me.

canada is better

no! america is better

my dad can beat up your dad

my mom can beat up your mom!

are you 12?!

i'm staying here, in my cube, where it's safe. everyone is nice and everyone here in my cube realizes there isn't that much of a damn difference. places are places people are people.

there is no chest thumping flag waving ignorant stereotyping here in my cube!

god bless my cube!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:20:36 PM
bubbles are good. as are rocks and holes in the wall
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:28:17 PM
i have no choice but to live here and that's ok by me. of course i'm in the midwest. it's charming here.

i think you should stand by your convictions and most people here would tend to agree with you but home is home, ya know?

i'd never feel the need to trash canada. what's wrong with it? nothing. it's canada for god's sake!

i hate my current administration. they are very scary.

but we're still good people
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:31:59 PM
i am from the US and have never been the victim of any crime

am i an anomoly?

freaks.

hehehehe
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:42:53 PM
true. love knows no boundaries! but i'd be afraid i'd lose my independence, ya know?

it would be the same if i moved to new york or california too, i suppose. i like knowing where everything is, having a job and being close to family. i think depending on someone, even if it's just for a short time, would be difficult.

i think if both canadians and americans would hush up and realize that we both know pitifully few things about each other's countries, drop the hostility and try to LEARN something we wouldn't have these playground arguments.

of course i have ascended. few others have
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?