Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Question about anger and wanting a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 1
Question about anger and wanting a relationshipPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i have noticed, while reading these threads, that a lot of people are very much anti the opposite sex but here they are on a dating site.

it never ceases to amaze me when i read a post from some lonely man about how (for example) women are child molesters too!!!! grr grr grr blah blah blah. Then you read his profile and he goes on and on how he loves to cuddle and loves romantic candlelit dinners. something isn't quite matching up here. or the thread about how independent women with jobs are so evil. um....what?

i see so much hate, anger,disrespect and potential for violence on this site! it's a dating site!!! what gives??? shouldn't these people work out their issues with the opposite sex,be they male or female, before looking for their next victim?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 2
Question about anger and wanting a relationship
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:17:14 AM
you're right. i love the funny remarks. i think a lot of it is a matter of being somewhat anonymous and feeling like you can say anything whether you actually mean it or not

still, i would consider these people highly undateable
 YamIhere
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:17:30 AM
Well, if I would leave this site that would probably help in alleviating half the anger

This one’s pretty simple, really, it’s people placing blame on others instead of accepting they are the source of their troubles.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:20:25 AM
i wouldn't put you, yami in the angry category. your one of the funny guys. we may disagree on things but i think you're a normal, regular guy

some others are two posts away from ted bundy
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:22:48 AM
trinity - maybe it's too difficult for them to look inside.

okieroper is a great example. funny comments made tongue in cheek. not threatening or anti-woman. silly and funny.

i'd walk down a dark alley with him
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:28:26 AM
^^^ thanks! hehe

i need to hear from a psychology major. why do people seek out what they hate? is it like the sore tooth you keep messing with even though you know it's gonna hurt?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:33:52 AM
very true ms. picky.

question answered!

now we need to get these people tochange their profiles or posting styles
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:38:22 AM
haha! i'm just trying to help keep it real.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:52:47 AM
deranged - thanks for the post. i think we can all say we hate those men. we've probably all had experiences with those kinds of guys. the only thing we can do is learn from those experiences and avoid them in the future. btw, i don't think you're a wacko

otb - i get angry at the trivial too. i tell the poster they are retarded and move on. the ones i won't touch though are the serious nutjobs out there. i could post examples of them but i'm afraid they may stalk me or jerk off to my pics. you, dear, are quite normal. i think :)
 YamIhere
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:57:58 AM

i wouldn't put you, yami in the angry category. your one of the funny guys. we may disagree on things but i think you're a normal, regular guy

some others are two posts away from ted bundy

Sounds about right.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:02:03 AM
i agree. you don't need therapy. or just the therapy a baseball bat or a match and lighter fluid provides

did i say that?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:07:37 AM
oh well, i'll be known as psycho to all the men on POF but i'm not bothered.

why?

1. i have a boyfriend. he's normal

2. i made ms. picky laugh
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:16:19 AM
and that's all that matters.

you're pics are awesome by the way
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:20:44 AM
does it matter? they should love us for our minds
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:25:15 AM
found it and posted. very good question!!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:31:55 AM
i do what i can.

and i'm still not angry. perplexed. confused. but not angry
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Question about anger and wanting a relationship