Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Not sucking; a teachable skill      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wiserd
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Not sucking; a teachable skillPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I think it's like teaching writing. You can't teach someone to be brilliant, but you can give them enough of a critical sense to identify problems in their spelling, force them to organize their thoughts, etc. Same thing with attracting women.

For example, there are a lot of guys who try to view relationships like a monetary exchange. e.g. Ug says "I give girl backrubs, dinner, etc. she gives me sex." Doesn't work for most girls, especially the ones worth hanging out with.

Likewise, some guys try to appease girls by sacrificing their self respect. You simply can't trade self respect for love. It doesn't work that way.

I don't claim to be any kind of a cassanova (and don't want to be) but if a girl happens to steal my heart now I feel much more confident that I could steal hers back. Part of that was just overcoming basic shyness.

Instead of "how to attract women" they really need a book on "How to spot crazy, 50 warning signs for the wary lover" or somthing like that. I don't know if it would sell, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who could benefit.
 RD7
Msg: 15
Attracting Women: An unteachable skill?
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:01:06 PM
There was another thread similar to this..about David D'angelo. Maybe try that?

I do love his classic line..."Attraction isn't a Choice"...its so true!
 flyguy51
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:38:48 PM

Basically, that's like saying, "Be someone who you are not"

If you are someone who doesn't look women in the eye, has low confidence, a whiny voice, greasy hair, dirty fingernails, bad breath, AND isn't happy with the way women respond, then... yes.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/20/2007 4:01:55 PM
I have the KEY to meeting women . Though I am single at the moment lol. Ok here goes. Women consider their bfs their possessions to some extent, now to be fair men feel this way too . Ok , if you are a guy in a club with reckless abandon, having fun, no worrying about meeting women but flirting with as many women as possible , harmless flirting with lots of smiling , this will attract ladies . Women hate to see men having too much fun and thus something turns in their mind and they start thinking hmmmm ... how can I make him mine ? If you are at a sports bar just goofing around , eating the wings being the Doug Heffernan women get attracted to that, not necessarily the body but that type of guy. Also having your own mind is a part of it , being strong and letting your opinions flow , no matter how outrageous. You see women have it deep in their mind that they want to tame their guy, whether it be having too much fun, whatever fun is, flirting with all the girls in the short skirts , or eating 2 dozen wings and a 12 inch pie watching 6 football games at once etc. Ok I am prepared to be beat up.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/21/2007 4:34:07 AM
^^^^ Whats wrong with chicken wings ????
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:51:44 AM
you can learn to attract women but most of it comes down to working on yourself period. Dress better you can look real good in clothes for cheap prices. Learn to be confident in yourself its really simple to attract women its attracting quality women that is really difficult. And with the stupid "advice" alot of them get from womens magazines and their parents its completely stupid.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Not sucking; a teachable skill