Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bkm456
Msg: 3
Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find? Page 1 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
1. youll never understand them
2. Because your goals are set to high.
3. Because they want money
4. Because life sucks.
5. If you dotn find a decent one youll just get screwed over.
 soUlJaBoiiiiiiii
Msg: 10
Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:22:43 PM
hey bro i am 25 and from sydney and to answer ur question u have to understand that the problem doesnt lie with in u the problem is all of us we as humans have to accept that when u have something u will get bored of it easily and u have to show a women that she cant have u when ever she wants you have to remember first impressions last and the 1st time u take her out show her the best side of u but dont give away too much about what u think of her and dont smile too much u will give it away and trust me she will be back for more but when u give urself all and easily she will be like any1 can have this guy let her feel special its called "playing the game" but then u will be playing them i dunno if thats what u want but yer at least they will start chasin 2 be honest if iwas to go into every detail i will make u a king player but then i feel sorry 4 the women readin dis lol they will hate me 4 it biut life goes on ciao
 psykojoe
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:30:56 PM
i feel ya on this one. i feel as tho i was a bad bf to my ex even tho i treated her so good. its almost like she wanted me to treat her bad.
 sweet_time
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:09:55 PM
You know what guys, we have all been there! I have posted under different threads but here it goes and maybe you can help me as well
I found a decent, loving, caring guy and I fell hard did things and treated him like I have never treated anyone! Fell head over heels in love.
Guess what this wonderful man did...went back to his exgirlfriend who treated him like shit, complained about everything he did or did not do all because she said she was sorry and realized what she had lost and wanted another chance! See what happens? It happens to all of us. Oh and she also saw a therapist during and after thier relationship, and has now found God which I am all for, but since is living in sin.. Boy are we all screwed up or what?
 whooPer
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2005 2:58:08 AM
its not hard to find...maybe the probs lies within ya man....n anyway....tell me one thing HOW DO U GUYS DEFINE "DECENT"?

Life Is Wonderful
 virgogidget
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2005 3:35:43 AM
I for one dont want a bad boy and im decent
 Lov2Laugh
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:24:15 PM
Zack, I think I have an answer for you. Girls are brought up to nuture and rescue. At least that is how it was in my generation. I ended up marrying a bad boy type and trust me, I spent years in a very miserable marriage. Now I would never want a bad boy again. I want a man that can be strong for me the next time around. I have seen a lot of men that were not great out there as well. But don't change from the wonderful guy that you are. One of these days God will send you a princess who will appreciate you. I know for myself, I am willing to wait for a really nice guy and believe it will be worth the wait. I have learned not to put my heart into anything until I can see what values the other person has. Meanwhile, I just enjoy having new friendships until the right one shows up. I also believe that many will come and go before the right one shows up. Enjoy the journey and all that you will learn along the journey. I think if we don't take it all too seriously, it will be much more fun for us. But please don't change...the world definitely needs more nice guys. You are a jewel!!
Carol (Godlywoman in Spring, TX)...this sight may have my profile mixed up still with someone with a faithfulone profile.
 earnest132
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/2/2006 6:35:20 PM
bad/good boy are relative. all guys are bad around a fat chick. all guys are good around a hot chick. females under 30 can have sex with any guy they like. they are in high demand. older guys remain attractive to females while older females become hags. the end result is that there are 6 guys for every young female. if you want a nice female, go after a 35 yr old hag.
 Kashue
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:17:57 AM
LOL...
Anyway, being an a**hole doesn't really work in the way you'll want it.

I was, and still am, what my friends would rate as a 'good guy'. After a particularly bad r/ship, i decided to give being a 'bad guy' a go. True, i got aquainted with females very fast BUT i realised on the spot that the psyche is different.

Simply put, if you're a nice guy underneath and you're trying to be an a**hole, the kind of women that you attract will probably not suit you at all... And if you're a good guy, having a fling is probably ranked last so you STILL end up where you were.

Unless, of course, you really don't care who you're bringing home. In that, i've got nothing to say. Else, i'll advise not to change in such a drastic manner just to get attention. It's lying to others and you're not being true to yourself.

Ed-
 fiddlesticks
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:41:25 AM
Hi Fellows Just a couple of words from a girl. Look for women who are respectful (eg) no foul lanuage, good attutides about family, work and friends. (attitude, attitude, attitude is important) Check for women with your values (eg) honesty, kindness, repect and what ever you consider important within your value system. Not all people come a from stable base, lots of times they develope and grow into nice people with maturity and then again, some never grow up.
 whooPer
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:39:10 AM
i broke up wid my bf last nite....ok here's d thing.....he said i am too simple...ok...i never ask him to buy me any gifts,flowers...etc...he said something is wrong wid me.now tell me people...is it wrong to be a decent one? my life feel like shitty now actually but well....now dude,if ya still asking that stupid question again....u might got ur own issue there.

catman40
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:35:08 AM
That what I thaught woman wanted . I hear you ladies say " I will never have a guy who treats me bad " then the next guy she goes with does the same thing . I am from wisconsin . The woman who " say " they want a nice in turn , go with guys who are mean , play head games and treat them like crap .
 redviking
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:45:36 PM
"Maybe it's because us decent ones are always dumped or overlooked and told we are "marriage material", while the guys always go for the extremely gorgeous, superficial, materialistic women with the personality of a dirty pair of boxer shorts.

Maybe if the men were more interested in something other than their peepee's, they would be able to find something more substantial than a good bone or a piece of arm candy."

Ummm... women are just as guilt if not moreso of this... perhaps women should turn the mirror on themselves from time to time instead of acting like it's men's fault.

Not to mention, the way the game is set up, women have set themselves up to get used. Men have to work for a woman's "approval"... so when a guy actually gets it, he might just stay around longer than he should to "get some" because he knows if he doesn't it's "back to square one".

I don't like players of the male or female variety, but if women are setting up most of the "rules" of the game, they can't blame it all on only the male "players". If the playing field were level, it would probably save a lot of women from getting used for sex, and a lot of men from getting used for money and security. But, oh the horror!- this would mean women could no longer sit idly by and make their selection from a revolving-door selection of suitors...
 PiEd_PiPeR
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/29/2006 4:19:18 PM
popsicleman,, im behind ya on that
 lexus430
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:43:46 PM
well you look like your ready to drop your jams right where your standing and get it on ....decent girl ??? show some class
 will I
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:20 AM
Hey don't worry it's the same over here I had and old guy tell me how to keep women .And I think he was right. He said you have to treat the queens like whore's and the whore's like queens and you will allways have women .Me I can't do it and I'm still hopeing he's wrong but women seem to prove his theary time and time again
 Lov2Laugh
Msg: 85
Why is a decent Boyfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:10 AM
Why can't I find my prince charming? A friend of mind told me looking for a boyfriend or a girlfriend is like looking for a job. Thanks for listening. it saddens me to know that relationships take work especially to fine one.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:09:16 AM

I would say the emphasis on looks goes both ways. As a man who receives his disgustingly huge share of 'you are a great guy' or 'you are sweet' or 'you are such a gentleman' LET'S BE PALS, Buddies, friends etc ... I can say that women have standards of attraction just as men do. I'm an intelligent, funny, professional, interesting person who I am told is pretty cute too. I would like to find someone who wants a relationship but it seems the women around my neck of the woods have such a high standard for the men they want to be with, 95% of all men are already discounted.

Do I have high standards? I have standards and will not settle for the sake of being with someone, but I also am realistic and I think sometimes many women are not realistic in what they want for a mate.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:28 PM
Quote : Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?

First you must know what you are looking for,
find and understand yourself....
when you understand yourself then you will start to understand women better.

Mutual attraction may or may not happen....sometimes when we try too hard to find romance we cease to enjoy other aspects of life.

from your bitter post...you are not in an emotionally stable state to handle a relationship right now......so take a break and do other things that you enjoy.

Take out a piece of paper, write down : 10 reasons I dont need a girlfriend right now,
and focus on those- you will be surprised.
 ndt
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:48:00 AM
OP - To me a girl/woman is only as good as their girlfriends - just use your imagination on why and you'll probably be correct.
 atg
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:37:10 AM
Because with the female gender on any PARTICULAR SUBJECT OR ANYTHING this is the process they use and they do all of the things listed below every time - it comes down to:

1 = What they think.
2 = What they say.
3 = and What they'll eventually do.

It's difficult for a man to read/understand them most of the time.
 atg
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:16:22 AM
Yeah!!! - Yeah!!! - Yeah!!!

Sure!!! - Right!!! - Okay!!!

Many Women will say, "I'm looking for this in a man and that in a man - yadda-yadda-yadda".

What happens is when they do settle with a good man who's devoted to her in every way they're still always looking for the "BBD" elsewhere, and when (not if) she finds the next (man) victim she'll then drop the then ex like a sack of potatoes (if that ex is fortunate) and run.

MANY women are like Cats - because cats can "sneak-walk" and that's what these types do to the men in their lives - SNEAK.

Sorry to sound so negative as I'm NOT a negative person - but I like calling a Spade a Spade. I reside in the NYC region of the USA and I've seen and heard too much of this type thing going on all the time in fact just about every few days.
 atg
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:22 AM
adriana1986 - What does what I've said have to do with looks?

I don't need to post a photo to state my view on something that looks wasn't relevant on or even on the "radar" so to speak.

You said - "Atg, you looks are questionable because you don't have a photo. That implies you have something to hide. It is a fact that ugly men do not get pretty women. However, even if, by chance, you are nice looking, your attitude is not conducive to attracting desirable women. If that is your problem, perhaps that is the reason. Anyway, give it a little thought. Perhaps a few changes would do wonders."

Well, I'm not seeking "a romantic relationship" so that's quite a moot point.

atg
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:38:18 AM
adriana1986 - Since you apologized - Apology accepted.

The Apology wasn't necessary nor sought, I didn't take it personally.

You may of seen my post in a different way and that's why you said what you said.

We all have opinions and you have a right to yours.

Keep up the good work in College.

Raven1
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:45:01 PM
I think that I am a fairly decent women.

Ok people. English 101
Seems Dr. Raven is going to have to teach you all a lesson!

People on here always complain about grammar and spelling errors.
YET, soooo many do not seem to know the difference between "woman" and "women"!

WOMAN IS SINGULAR!
EXAMPLE: "I'M AN INTELLIGENT, WITTY, OUTGOING W-O-M-A-N"

WOMEN IS PLURAL!
EXAMPLE: "THOSE WOMEN LAST NIGHT SEEMED REALLY OUTGOING AND FRIENDLY"

WOMAN = 1
WOMAN = 2+

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
*takes a bow*
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?