Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kermancutie
Msg: 4
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???Page 1 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
well if the guy has no car or license then how are we supposed to meet anywhere something is wrong with this picture i dont want to be caught in the middle of having to stress on a date
 sass393
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???
Posted: 12/25/2005 3:33:13 PM
what I don't understand is why all of you who don't have a car & don't want to drive or have the cost/responsability of a car are willing to pay $$$ for a driver's license. I have no problem dating someone who doesn't have a car or a license. public transport is just fine.
I mean I don't make it a prereq for my friends to have one so why would I limit my heart?
 mogrl
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:50:37 PM
sass393,in the states its like 12 $ to get your license .
 Stillalicious
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:19:43 PM
No way would I date a man without his licence and pretty sure I wouldn't if he didn't have his own car. I like to go at the drop of a hat and want the same in my SO.
It isn't a metter of what kind of car he owns or anything else like that, just being able to pick up and go! (quickly..lol)
 sammysalt1
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:51:09 PM
No,no,no,no,no, and no.
 tickle_me123
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:55:59 PM
Cars suck.

I drive a pickup and a bike...
 livewirehere
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:01:19 PM
When I married my 2nd ex he had no car or license... In fact, we used part of our wedding money to get his license back finally~~
 livewirehere
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/27/2005 1:51:20 PM
My ex's little "problem" had to do with unpaid tickets. In CA they continue to increase if you don't pay them, until they become monstrous~~~~~Then they take away your license
 falltopieces
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/27/2005 1:53:30 PM
I've done it before and I would do it again......

My current bf does have a car though
 WWolf
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/27/2005 2:21:15 PM
The real question is... Would the guy without the car or license find the women who would want him attractive.......
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:15:25 PM
I think women do prefer a guy to have a license and at least a somewhat decent car. Most don’t care if it’s old or not too sporty just as long as it isn’t a complete junker.
I have always had a car so I don’t know if it’s harder to get a date without one. I would imagine it is or at least it makes it harder on a relationship if you don’t have a car. Public transport has restrictions on how often/late it runs and where it can take you.

I have only had 1 gf that had a car. Most didn’t have a license. It was nice having a gf with a car as she could pop by when she wanted and not have to rely on me to come pick her up. Although when we went out I preferred to drive. Not because I am a man but because I always prefer to be the driver. I think most people that are used to driving prefer it to being the passenger.

I think everyone should have a license even if they dont intend on having a car of their own. Just makes sense because you can never tell when you may be in a situation where you have to drive. what if you are hiking and the driver gets injured and needs someone else to drive.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:54:06 PM
NO.. sorry but no thanks... I'm not taking a man to raise!! It would have to be a VERY good reason for me to see a man who didn't drive, I'm not a teenager anymore and have to drive a guy who don't have a car yet. If he doesn't have a car because of DUI's... or don't have the ennitiative to get a good enough job to buy a car.. then what would we have in common? Certainly I would find it hard to respect someone like that.

If it was somewhere in a BIG city (which I'm nowhere near) then it's different because they have public transportation which is something I love but in a town of 1500 people.. geez... we just don't have it..LOL.. I have known a guy who used to drive a mule and wagon because he had too many DUI's!! But at least he drove!! LOL
 TBoss
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:34:58 AM
The reason would be the deal maker or breaker for me.
If chap is afraid of driving, that's acceptable, he can remain afraid or I can help him.
If he's without car and license because he's been revoked due to irresponsibility, well then, that's a deal breaker. I do not wish to be involved with someone who has legal obstacles that could have been prevented with a good measure of responsibility.
 nipoleon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:13:39 AM
I knew a guy a few years ago who didn't own a car because he was too cheap to buy one.
He felt that cars weren't worth the money or trouble to put up with. But he had no trouble bumming rides off of all his friends. If he could he would borrow a friends car, but too cheap to buy his own.
It amazed me how he also had no problem asking women out, and getting the girls to pick him up and drive him arround. A lot of times, the women would let him do the driving, IN HER CAR !!
With enough gall, some people can get away with anything !
 Double Cabin
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:20:18 AM
If I lived in New York I would save money and just rent a car when I had too.

If there is an accetable reason for not having a licesnse then I have no problem with it other than the fact I like to be the passenger often for with our distances I do far too much driving as it is.

If you are afraid of driving I have a suggestion for you: Find someone that is not a great friend or family member that can teach you.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:06 AM
^^^Driving is a logistical consideration for many of us. Logistics are often one of the factors that doom a relationship before it can even really get started. A car in not just an object, it is something many of us need to navigate civilization. I do however understand what you're saying if it comes from somewhere beyond logistical concern.

That said you've got a great attitude man. "Think Globaly, Act Localy."
 YamIhere
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:33:55 AM
If I lived in a major city, there’s no way I would have a car. There’s so many public transportation options that it’s stupid to deal with the traffic and the expense of owning/maintaining/parking said vehicle in a city is a nightmare.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:21:15 PM
For me it would come down to not having a license or driving by choice as opposed to having that privilige suspended for irresponsibility.

If it's your personal choice not to drive, than hey...... great, if you're an irresponsible jack knob than look elsewhere. Witchy don't play that!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:05 PM
No license, no way no how. But if I'm in the NYC area and the guy has no car, I can understand that situation because driving in the city is holy h***, especially at rush hour traffic. The city has easy public transit, and owning a car in the city can be really problematic.

If I am in the outer suburbs, I would want a man with a car so that I can relax and be a passenger sometimes, while I drive at other times. Suburban and rural areas have rather limited access to good public transit in most cases, thus making having a car a necessity.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:31:35 AM

I have no license nor car and have not driven for 12 years or more. Am a Traditional Apache and have choosen not to. I have met some 36 women over the years via PC dating and have never encountered a problem; have had woman drive to see me and visit from hundreds of miles away....whats the big deal? The western mindset is a spoiled child....

This is what I was talking about regarding choice. Sunka made the choice to not drive & there is a big difference. Of course the commute would be a little far for me to date him, but I would be more than happy to drive and drive all over. However, if the situation presented itself that he did not have a license due to irresponsibility, I more than likely wouldn't date him, BUT..... there can be extenuating circumstanses as I do believe in second chances for some people.

I like having my car because I live in the boonies and you kind of need one, but for the most part I've got no problem with walking.

:))
Witchy
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:57:10 PM
Ok... there are cases as in the Traditional Native Americans who chooses not to drive for their own reasons, but actually I had never heard of that until very recently when I met a man online who told me he doesn't drive because of that. So there are exceptions to my rules too because I would opt to meet someone without a car for that reason.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:10:09 PM
^^^^ silly man.. that's because ALL WOMEN can drive.. just ask us...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:22:19 PM
iwarrior... since I've been on these forums.. it has amazed me how some people get so serious and abusive on them. I'm not saying I haven't gotten a bit ticked off at some narrow minded moron and basically told them what I thought of them but some people are just very bitter and angry and take it out on a thread or person on the thread.

Such a shame. My problem about the no car or license would be if it was because of irresponsibility, too many DUI's or just laziness. But then I'm 46 so if a person hasn't learned to drive by now.. something is wrong. But another thing is I live in the country.. If I lived in a city with public transportation.. I'm not sure I'd have a car, my lifestyle is just totally opposite from someone who can do that.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:14:14 PM
@richard...

who was trying to make you feel like a misfit???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:49:46 PM
@Richard...

I have 3 hayburners... I drive a SMALL vehicle to work and back because I drive anywhere from 70 - 100 miles a day. I have a big truck, a diesel that I use just for pulling my horse trailer for riding trips and camping.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???