Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What movies have you watched this holiday season?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CountryChick66
Msg: 1
What movies have you watched this holiday season?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So, what kinda movies have you watched this xmas season...

I have watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Perfect Date, Mr & Mrs. Smith, Sahara, and Cinderella Man and Christmas with the Kranks along with all the tv xmas movies and shows...and all in the past 2 days...

What are your favorites?
 Missy
Msg: 2
What movies have you watched this holiday season?
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:07:13 AM
I watched Cinderella Man (*sobbed*), Mr & Mrs Smith (threw my eyelids at some points) and A Christmas Carol (With G C Scott)

I'm wanted to see, and haven't (yet) Its A Wonderful Life
 Missy
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:39:33 PM
editing...sigh...have noticed a typo in my last post (horrors). Of course I watched the movie THROUGH closed eyes, I did not throw my eyes
 Duzntgetanyfiner
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:36:21 PM
I watched March of the Penguins, Four Brothers, Syriana and tonite it will be A Christmas Story with Darrin McGavin (the best Christmas movie ever...you HAVE to watch it)...
 girleygirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:18:58 PM
KING KONG!!! and I cried like a baby! Not to mention the natives freaked the crap out of me!!!!!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:22:20 PM
i don't really care for christmas movies...

but i did go see King Kong, not bad...but Jack Black wasn't made for that part...

then i finally saw The 40 Year Old Virgin at a friend's last night, as well as Mr. & Mrs Smith, and rewatched Serenity with her as well.

all good movies...Mr. & Mrs. was cheesy...but not if you look past the obvious and into the subtext.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:57:46 PM
Mr & Mrs Smith is a tear-jerker?

ummm...only if bullets and a shaky marriage make you weepy...
 DreamerĀ®
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:39:21 PM
I just watched Batman Begins!.....I really liked it!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:44:18 PM
...i can't bring myself to rent at Lackluster Video anymore...

they like to edit their movies for content...and i like to see a movie the way it was meant to be seen.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:11:07 PM
The only films I've seen in the theatre so far this year was

Zorro (not good at all)
Syriana (a bit slow paced, but extremely well played out)
Harry Potter (very intense monster thriller, a bit of a marathon)

I'm afraid Harry Potter put me off King Kong because I didn't want to follow up a 2 1/2 hour monster marathon with a 3 hour one. But I might see eventually, for sure on DVD.

I need a good light comedy, but not a stupid teenage romp kind.

What I've seen on DVD over Xmas. Mr and Mrs Smith, which I hated. I thought it was way over the top nonsense. Lemony Snicket. Not that engaging, it's a kid's film only. I saw the original Gone In 60 Seconds, and despite the fact it had a thin script and bad acting, it was definitely far more interesting than the remake with Nicholas Cage. Why? An impossibly filmed 40 minute chase scene done in the 70's without a hint of CG graphics or special effects. Just a crazy man in an indestructable Mustang Mach II that wont go down. That rocked.

The very best thing I've seen on DVD and the best film I saw the whole year of 2005 was a hong kong pirated version of Howl's Moving Castle. A jaw droppingly beautiful film. I wouldn't say its for kids, it's a little too melodramatic for children unless they're really mature and sophisticated enough to enjoy a pure fantasy/romance story. There's a few thrills for sure, but the movie doesn't hinge on them.

The most amazing thrill movie I saw this year was the animated "Steamboy" make by the same people who did "Akira". Not too much of a story but more than half the film is an instense wreck. Visual disaster festival with a very warped sense of physics. Definitely not dull.
 joanie23
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/3/2010 10:12:04 AM
I watched Blind Side-excellent movie and yesterday watched It's Complicated with Meryl Streep-it's ok but would rather of waited until it came out on DVD.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 12:40:49 PM
I saw Titanic for the first time....it was about a ship.

anyhow... I saw the Charlie Brown Christmas in early Dec....and then I unplugged the telly....lol

oh oh... Cinderella Man..is that Russell *I could just eat him up* Crowe?....

ya...I got to get out more and see some current flicks...the new Merlyl Streep movie looks funny enough...mind you the topic is way out there...who would ever hook up with their EX?????????????
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 1:43:56 PM
you want better entertainment than a movie?....check out the Ask A Girl Forums....lol...two separate threads... Angry Women on POF....

now this is stuff movies are made of.....okay... B...no.. . CMOVIEs..... lol...
 Outdoor2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:17:41 AM
http://www.imdb.com/
Great place to search for movies.
http://www.letmewatchthis.com/
Great place to download from. Look for stagevu.com No sign up and most movies work fine. Adding DivX player helps.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What movies have you watched this holiday season?