Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > help deciphering male behavior: no sex, no call back      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brawnydog
Msg: 3
help deciphering male behavior: no sex, no call backPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

I didn't want to have sex with someone who wouldn't be there afterwards because he was really only after sex.

Just make sure the sex if great. He wouldn't be able to leave.

moo

Oh...and talk less....guys like that.
 hftejada1972
Msg: 4
help deciphering male behavior: no sex, no call back
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:33:08 PM
He must be recovering from testicles pain
 Ldygmr
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:59:05 PM
It's only been Five days?

Girl are you like, in a hurry?
If you just HAVE to hear from him now dangit now! then call HIM and you know what...what you did was wrong. If you weren't going to put out you should have slept on the couch. And you should have been upfront about it. Last I heard, guys LIKE being told at the outset what the rules are so they can talk you into breaking them.
 arri
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:04:08 PM
It's not because you didn't have sex with him that has scared him.

You were playing games ... you were testing him to see if he likes you for you or for sex ... You are not a kid, you are a 38 year old mother ..

If you like him .. call him ... ask him out on a date ... and next time in his bedroom .. NO GAMES
 Ldygmr
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:38:52 PM
^^
Two words for ya.

Motel 6
 Bandito
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:46:30 PM
genngi, you did nothing wrong...keep your self esteem high and don't worry about calling him.

Sounds like this guy wanted sex and since he didn't get it...he is calling Next in the ticket line. Consider yourself lucky for not letting yourself be used.

No callback == loss of interest

Bana-dito
 huhoney
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:50:45 AM
oh boy a slumber party! didn't we do that in grade school? ummmmmm????
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/30/2005 1:03:57 AM
he broke the code.

three strike rule applies here.
 d-reddy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 12:56:47 AM
Is this honestly confusing behaviour? If a girl did this to me, I think I would have a pretty clear idea what was going on.

HULAHONEY: I think you missed a few smilies. There are a couple more you didn't put in your post.
 arri
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:17:49 AM
As long as the night wasn't a waste ... he should be happy

Beside .. it seem like he is going to get some eventually .. anyway
 MauiKeith
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:09:09 PM
why don't you call him and talk to him about it?

good communication is a grat aphrodesiac.
 crystalise
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:46:40 PM
You always have the right to say no to sex regardless of location. However I hope you worded it better than what you say you say you did on here On one hand you have the right to say no and he should respect that - but on the other if you were really blunt about it......you could have just come off as presumptive and yes, hurt his feelings. By presumptive I mean:

- did you also say to him you didnt want to have sex because you assumed he wasnt going to be around afterwards. As you state in your opening question ????

You didnt know whether he would be around or not afterwards You only assumed that or guessed unless he already told you. So my question then is if you made up your mind that he wasnt going to be around after sex, why do you care if you dont hear from him again?????

i think you have short changed yourself by assuming the worst of this guy before it even happened.

If you want a guy to like you for you, try to hold off on the sex before the foreplay and stuff happens also. Nothing wrong with a make out session, but I think just break it up by saying its time you go home..or soemthing else before things get too hot and heavy. There are no real need to declare to someone you dont want to have sex with them in those exact words...eg "" I dont want to have sex with you if you are not going to be around afterwards..."" You either do it because you want to and you are taking or a chance or not at all without publishing the motives. it could be a little brutal to be honest. [ unless he was really really pushing you after you already said no, but you dont state that that happened so....]

But by the sounds of it you did just about everything else but intercourse. So yeh Im with the other post that he is probably just really CONFUSED what you were on about. Such other sex play is still having sex. I think you did intimate stuff with him too soon, if you feel this way now ! that is, before you even knew him or what his plans were about you.

Live and learn.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > help deciphering male behavior: no sex, no call back