Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MHereFL
Msg: 1
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 1 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I was wondering, this is probably more of an issue with women, than men.

I come across women with ads or chatting with online, that have a strict criteria for certian heights, mostly of what I have noticed, that it's 6 feet or taller, NO less, or he's out.

Sometimes this come from the more superficial women who are of typical height, like between 5'4" and 5'6", their reason.....they'd be taller than the dude or just as tall in HEELS. lol.

With me being 5'8" a 4 inch heel would put her taller than me (from 5'6" to 5'10" or from 5'4'' to 5'8").
So it's a fashion issue with them.

However, there are women that are my height, that dare not date a man of 5'8".

Why is this such an issue, with me, I wouldn't mind dating a woman taller or shorter.
 shannanigan
Msg: 2
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 1/5/2005 4:56:32 PM

I LOVE short, ANGRY men! Wolverine Rocks! WOOOHOOO!

HAHAHA! You got that right..... I'm 5'3", so any guy 5'4" and up is fine with me.
I just won't be able to wear high heels unless the guy is 5'6"... a "luxury" I'm
more than happy to give up. LOL!
 shannanigan
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/5/2005 4:59:38 PM
To add to my post above... if I were to find a guy shorter than me, he would either be 8 years old or a midget. And I admit, even with all my liberalness, I don't think I could date a midget.... *hangs head in shame*
 shannanigan
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/5/2005 5:00:29 PM

I wear high heels no matter what. A short person is just gonna have to be content with the fact that my boobs are gonna be in their face the entire night!

HAHA! For some reason I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/6/2005 9:55:07 AM
I dont know, but some really take a step back when i say I am 5'4", bald, 160 lbs., enginerd.

I think it is more social programming than anything but yes, a LOT of american women make a judgement on height. Actually, a lot of social behaviour is based on that, across genders, but in this case, yes, women are just as, if not more shallow than guys are with weight.

Im 5'4", a muscle head, but dont have the angry short man complex a lot do. Its a real thing and yes, a lot of shorter guys have to be more agressive in some form to be competitive.

I like the way it works for me. I am not so tall as to be intimidating, yet I am built like a brick sh*t house, have a calm about me that puts people at ease, espicially when trying new things. I use the same approach to break down barriers in my career.

In relationships, most women I have dated are taller than me. I dont give a hoot about heels or whatnot. Hell I have my own 6" platforms to wear (I love the industrial clubs where big boots are in).

If a woman is that caught up in her image, she probably couldnt handle me anyway, so its a minor loss. I have converted a few to the short side of the stick as well.
 MHereFL
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/6/2005 1:52:39 PM
Well, thing is, something can be done about weight, nothing can really be done about height, (perhaps wear lifts? lol) but still you're still the same height with the lifts.
 _Atlas_
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2005 2:59:15 PM
Haha.. that d*ck comment made me remember a comment one friend I know says she wont date a guy under 6 foot tall.. she says she like a big d*ck and she believes that tall guys all have bigger ones than the shorter guys...

Posted By: navy4u on 06-09-2004 06:43 PM
Subject: We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Message: personally i would rather be with a woman 5'4 or shorter...i am 6'1 with a size 13 shoe but ive always been attracted to short women. i like the little feet and little hands of a short woman makes my d*ck look bigger when shes holding it..lmao
 FRlENDS
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/20/2005 3:04:07 PM

I like 'em small enough I can beat 'em up and run away.......if I have to.....

Seriously?
 Boomstick Bum
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/20/2005 3:11:59 PM
"I like 'em small enough I can beat 'em up and run away.......if I have to.....

Seriously? "

Let's hope not...LOL!
 rory27
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2005 8:53:12 PM
I'm a 5'2" man, but I make up for it by not slouching and wearing high heels in public. Also, agree with earlier comments re short but having a long penis. Mine is the same as my height, both when erect at the aforementioned 5'2".
 FRlENDS
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/21/2005 9:00:37 PM

just like em big enough that I can beat 'em up and run away iffin I have to (small enuff that is) LOL!

Seriously?

Guess I never gave it thought. Was born with 17" biceps.
 FRlENDS
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/21/2005 9:01:25 PM
Thanks for that info Rory.

"work on the tongue"
 FRlENDS
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/22/2005 5:25:26 PM
holy s h i t.....is it true what they say about tall guys....?

Masked_Hero
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/28/2005 7:03:41 AM
Hmmm Looks like most women in here like a tall guy ! Fellas don't you just love how its ok for a woman to openly say they won't date a short . As soon as we say we won't date fat a women all hell breaks lose ! LOL I'm 6'1 w/o shoes so height really has never been a problem for me. One comment that women often make and I even seen a few times on this thread. " I like a tall man because I feel safe" Ladies trust me height has nothing to do with tuffness ! I seen some whimpy ass tall dudes in my lifetime ! Normally your short guys are the better fighters and tuffer. In most cases the've fought more because they are lil and have to prove themselves.
 Vandelai
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/28/2005 1:53:23 PM
Striker...dude, you're picture rules....you ever get responses based on those webcam shots? LOL.
 Vandelai
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/28/2005 4:20:55 PM
Klo Cutie....

I never have much luck with women MY height (your height) either...lol..I am 5'8" and well, most woman that I've met that's 5'8" typically will settle for no less than 6 feet on a man.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/1/2005 1:20:12 PM
I`m 5`10 so I like a man to be 5`11 and up. I have dated guys 5`8 tho....I don`t solely base who I date on height, but it is nice to look up to a man and stretch to give him a kiss..... redneckgirl133
 sddude
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/2/2005 10:54:49 AM
Me being 5 ft 5 in makes me quiet lonely women even very short woman want a guy to be in the Tall category , I usually look for women in these sites that are around under 5ft 5in becuase I know virtually all taller women reject me right off the bat . Women my height or under reject me , they feel they are getting the scrawny one in the "litter" so to speak .

Women say they are not shallow , they are evolved and all of that crap , they are not really being sincere when they say , "it's what is inside that counts " then they do something else .
People here and in person want to place the best face to everyone else but when the time to make a desision , they change their minds , I have been flaked out and stood up by women claiming some kind of problem , then in the end they confess , that I am not thier type because of my height .

I guess I will start looking for women in foreign countries , like most sailors . Have more luck in other places too shallow and superficial .

Not generalizing but it is a trend that happens to me and some guys I know . Short woman do not have the same problem as a short guy , most guys do not care if a women is tall or short.
 sddude
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/3/2005 11:33:19 AM
I look in all places , it seems to be about the same , 6 dating sites , college , work , clubs all seem about the same , maybe something is wrong with me ? personality too mellow ?
Maybe I have a huge hump I cannot see or a hairy wort on my nose , mabe thatis why you keep turning to look . hahahah.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/15/2011 11:53:50 AM
A number of women posted they felt protected when dating a taller guy. Being somewhat tall I have yet to have to come to the defense of any woman I have dated. Do a lot of you ladies hang out in the ghetto or what?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/15/2011 11:56:14 AM
Not all women need to be protected. I have a feeling I could do the protecting of my own self pretty well. So, do not put us all in the same catagory.

Do you hang in the Ghetto? I don't. Not unless I want some damn good Soul Food !
 ayo4424
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/15/2011 12:17:55 PM
5'11" checking in, like it or lump it!
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2011 12:41:32 PM

With me being 5'8" a 4 inch heel would put her taller than me (from 5'6" to 5'10" or from 5'4'' to 5'8").
So it's a fashion issue with them.

I believe you've answered your own query ... Men are mere accessories, chosen for their height, hair/eye color and car. Sort of like carrying a chihuahua around in your handbag!
 Tim0066
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/15/2011 6:09:48 PM
awesome! my favorite topic revived from 6 years ago

Guy walks in bar

Girl says to guy, "You're too short to date"

Guy says to girl, "Well, you're to fat to date"

Girl says "I should be loved for whats on the inside not outside"

Guy says "Well, what about me then, I should be loved for whats inside not outside"

Girl says "No you're a guy the rules don't apply to you, only to girls"
 theforumfiend
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/16/2011 12:01:52 AM
Good gawd guys. There are plenty of women that don't have issues with height. The constant dwelling on the ones that do is like women bytching because there are quite a few men obsessed with looks.

From personal experience it was not until I was in my 30's that a guy under 6' showed interest in me - and I'm a short shyt.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)