Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why a virgin?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ABSA_N_Tx
Msg: 1
Why a virgin?Page 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
What is the deal with men wanting to be married to a virgin ?
Men go out and sleep with whom ever so she sure isn't a virgin. But when he is ready to settle down, he wants to marry a virgin?

Yes, I was engaged to a guy about 4 yrs ago who told me on the way back from Boca Raton Florida (from his moms condo) that he wanted to marry a virgin. I said "WHAT!" As I was driving and then asked "WHY?" He said " Yea, I can't deal with the fact that you have had a few in you. I can't deal with another man having what I want." No, I didn't cry. I just drove another 4 hours in silence and then let him drive as I sleep. When we got back to Ft. Hood, he had enough nerve to ask me if i wanted to stay the night with him. I told him NO!
Needless to say, he called me a month later and asked me to disreguard what he said that he wasn't thinking clearly and that he misses me. I told him he lost what he had.

The reason why I am asking this.... I hear from other men and women that men are still wanting that.

Sign,
Wondering:
 Racer71
Msg: 2
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:55:46 PM
Sounds like a totally insecure guy to me.. Guys that are too worried about those things are usually insecure. What is past is past. The only thing that I'm worried if I'm in a relationship is that I'm the only one that she is sleeping with right now but not whom she has been sleeping with in the past.

He has probably asked you about penis size of your ex's too... lol
 CountyBoy
Msg: 3
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:07 PM
Well the fewer guys a girl has been with the better for when you want to settle down. But this day and age a virgin is really pushing your luck. You don't want a girl that has been with a ton of guys, you just cant trust her as much I guess. It was a jackass thing to say none the less. I know I'm going to take alot of heat for this but that's just my two cents worth.
 cougar99
Msg: 4
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:58 PM

Sounds like a totally insecure guy to me.. Guys that are too worried about those things are usually insecure. What is past is past. The only thing that I'm worried if I'm in a relationship is that I'm the only one that she is sleeping with right now but not whom she has been sleeping with in the past.

He has probably asked you about penis size of your ex's too... lol

I agree
 ludachris37
Msg: 5
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:10:17 PM
are u crazy no real man needs or wants a virgin specially if hes one like my girlfriend
 ABSA_N_Tx
Msg: 6
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:10:50 PM
I understand, people don't like to be with some who has had alot of sexual encounters.
But at the time he said that, I had two other lovers.
First one, I was 18 years old, a virgin, got married and lost the virgin side of me That was a very bad person to lose my virginity too. We lasted a TOTAL of 10 days living together. He was insecure and very jeolous, after we got married. I didn't know this, till then. And then I realized why.. It wasn't the fact that I wasn't faithful, it was the fact he was abusive and small.
Second one, I dated 2 years before any sex happened. Yes, I almost married him. But i got tired of his laziness.

I am not the type of person who meets a man and then wants to know his stroke right away.
Heck, I am 35 and still under 10 men.
 sahen
Msg: 7
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:28:20 PM
Its called the Madonna-whore complex.. Hun.. But what this guy did was pretty crass to say the least. If he really had an issue with you being a non-virgin, he should never have allowed it to get the the point where you would think that there was going to be a future together. You are much better off without having to deal with these kind of sexual issues, I'm just sorry you went through all that...
 Ending Search
Msg: 8
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:38:05 PM
Heck, I am 31 and still under 4. I think that the closer to 0 is better, but I am realistic on the issue. I think that the larger the number the less meaningful it would be to that person.
 ABSA_N_Tx
Msg: 9
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:40:15 PM
sahen,
It is okay... There are many ignorant people in this world.
Some people will go to great length so hurt people.
Trust me, I didn't waste my time on him after that. I watched him out my rear view mirror.
 ABSA_N_Tx
Msg: 10
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:43:19 PM
Ending Search,
I don't know if you realize it or not. 0-9 is under 10. I didn't say 10, I said under 10.
Besides, a bad day fishing is better than a great time of sex.
 kce33
Msg: 11
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:43:51 PM
ABSA_N_TX
if i was you i would not give it any more thought.... thats the reaction that you will get from most insecure guys....

besides there is nothing wrong with you, you look and sound great and the right guy will come along...

kce
 ludachris37
Msg: 12
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:57:51 PM
my virgin girlfriend loves havin sex with me
 mogrl
Msg: 13
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:59:43 PM
Get real !! 4 years ago you were 31 and he expected you to be a virgin??????????
What an idiot !!
 mogrl
Msg: 14
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:04:52 PM
ABSA N TX...if you really think that a bad day fishing is better then a great day of sex then you have a lot to learn about great sex!!!!!!!! I almost feel sorry for you.
 Setiri-Tx
Msg: 15
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:07:13 PM
My two cents here...

Some guys want a virgin wife. Not realistic, but hey, everyone has their thing.

Why do some women want guys with lots of money only? There are some great guys out there with a fair amount of money, but who aren't fabulously wealthy.. why won't she look at those? Again, it's not realistic, but if that's what she wants... whatever.

Virginity, money, power, etc.. it's all a hangup. Why the hangup? I'd venture to say it's about control. If they can get into a relationship with someone who meets their hangup, they feel secure.. they've accomplished something. They got what they set out to get and didn't compromise. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to achieve your goal, however, if the goal is kinda shallow, it may not work out so well. Which is why I assure you, most of the guys who DO demand a virginal wife, or a woman who demands a filthy rich guy, or whatever your hangup is... doesn't actually happen. Sure, there's always the exception, but that's exactly it... the exception. And as much as every single freaking person on this planet loves to believe they're the special exception... yeah, not happening.

So if someone isn't mature enough to get off on some shallow hangup... that should just tell you they're probably not ready for a real relationship yet.
 cloudwatcher
Msg: 16
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:08:17 PM
eww..so 'Mr Man' wants to have what no-one else has got/had..???

is this the same guy that orders his vehicles custom built?
buys that t-shirt he's wearing at the t-shirts R US outlet...(where each and every t-shirt is sewn to your specific needs...WHILE you wait)...

i know it seems im off on a tangent here...
but i take something that may or may not be...'mainstream' and common and usually 'create' something that makes it my own.

ummm...
i don't mean here that i want to change my lady (whomever she turns out to be)
what i mean is ...
why did i start this?

peopel are attracted and for good or bad previous relationship...they are 'new persons' in our eyes...

beginnings are fragile...

if im staring at 'her' and wishing that she was a virgin...(untouched...unsoiled)

then maybe if i just treat her in that manner..(as if she is/was a virgin)..
i may still be able to 'touch on' a few spots that are 'new'...

god...even THAT came out wrong...
screw it...im gonna hit 'post'
 Racer71
Msg: 17
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:08:43 PM

Get real !! 4 years ago you were 31 and he expected you to be a virgin??????????
What an idiot !!

Does that mean that you aren't a virgin anymore??
 Setiri-Tx
Msg: 18
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:10:22 PM
And oh my god, did she actually say that about fishing and sex? I thought she was kidding or that I likely just mis-read it or something. Ma'am, I've been fishing. I know fishing. I like fishing. Bad fishing, even amazing fishing, will never amount to great sex, ever. Maybe bad sex... the kind with teeth and no safety word, but never great sex!
 Ending Search
Msg: 19
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:11:01 PM
Then my number is under 10 also. I would not want sex without love. For me it is not a physical thing. It is a mental and emotional bonding.
 zentral
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:12:22 PM
Ahh, give me a confident woman with experience every time (I'm not 15 anymore, after all). I'm not into double standards, either.
 ABSA_N_Tx
Msg: 21
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:48:49 PM
At least fishing last more than 15 minutes
And the fish are a challenge
 Setiri-Tx
Msg: 22
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:50:35 PM
More than 15 minutes?! Oh please, you're so under the average on that one.

The fish are a challenge? ... ok yeah, I gotta give you that one. Doesn't take much to get a guy in the sack typically.
 blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 23
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:53:11 PM
with AIDS and all the STD's on the rampage...virgins aren't so bad now are they?
 jimb77
Msg: 24
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:53:21 PM
Ideally I suppose so but realistically you can only hope to find a lady who was loved and respected by those she had prior relations with, no one wants to marry the town bad girl though. To expect to find a virgin...that's asking a lot with the influence of Madonna and Paris Hilton types.
 blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 25
Why a virgin?
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:54:16 PM
Madonna and Paris Hilton???????
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why a virgin?