Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > A Touch of Grey      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beinggood692003
Msg: 2
A Touch of GreyPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Actually, I find it attractive on the right person. Mostly just a touch of grey, but on some a full head of grey is attractive too.
 hombre 59
Msg: 3
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:36:52 PM
I dont really mind my grey,but i'm not very thrilled with the ones that keep popping up in my eye brows...lol
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:26:03 PM
^^^^^ Oh no! The deadly eyebrow popper uppers!!! OMG, how awful. Just teasing. I'm an advocate of just being who the guy upstairs meant you to be. Wrinkles, gray hair, bald, whatever. That's part of the character of each and every human being. It's au naturel all the way.

I pity those that feel they have to have plastic surgery, toupees, hair implants or whatever. For those people, the only ones they are kidding are themselves because they are too shallow to know otherwise.

Tink
 Shangrilah
Msg: 6
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:41:58 PM
Silver is nice but I'm not crazy about gray
 ksue44
Msg: 7
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:57 PM
Awww OP - I'm luvin you already!!! My gene pool, my Dad had premature gray at the ripe old age of 21. My Mom was salt & pepper in her 30's... I get down on my hands & knees every day and thank my hair dresser! He makes me look damn good! I'm not ready to go full gray! Perhaps in 10 or 15 years from now, I may re-consider that issue. I think gray hair can be sexy on either men or women depending on their hair style.

About my own gray hair - I won't go there! Only my hairdresser knows for sure!
 harley_dazed
Msg: 8
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:40:44 PM
I like grey hair....even my own!
 Dan56
Msg: 9
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:25:29 PM
Montagnes du feu. Snow on the top, fire below.
 OverIt50
Msg: 10
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:40:12 PM
Grey beats none.
 jenmom
Msg: 12
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:10:31 PM
I like grey, alot. Even if it's grey, with a bit of balding, it's nice.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 13
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:23:36 PM
I started getting grey hair at the age of 20. I would be afraid to let it grow out. I might be white headed and skare my self.
Roots are showing now. I just bought another bottle. My mom has the snow white grey. Thats the way my roots get. So until I have wrinkles to match them. I am going to keep it dyed. A freind said I should go blond. I tried that for one day. They liked it, me it didn't look like me, so I couldn't handle it over a day.
We all all getting older, and will one day be grey headed.
Never dated a grey headed man before. My husband is turning grey to, but its a race, because he is baulding to.
 huggieangel
Msg: 17
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:57:06 PM
Grey hair is very sexy. Looks awesome on men and women.
 diamonlady47
Msg: 18
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:21:47 AM
I like grey hair. On others & on myself. I feel like they are badges of honor & I earned every one. I try not to say never but SO FAR, I have no desire to color or cover up the grey.

My dad did the gradual grey thing along w/ the receding hairline. He was distinguished looking. My mom had mousey blonde hair, so she dyed hers auburn from her 20's. She was in her late 70's when she decided to let it go. That was a big shock to not see her red anymore, but I think if it had happened gradually it would have been ok. She now has lovely silver grey hair. But the funniest thing has happened. The nape of her neck is beginning to turn dark brown, which she never was.

My brother has a receding hairline, salt & pepper as is his beard. Very nice.

My ex head hair hasn't greyed much but his mustache is all grey. In his case, I might color my 'stache till it matched the top, so it wouldn't look so odd.

SSH,
D
 diamonlady47
Msg: 19
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:24:05 AM
Oh, & btw, the aging process begins when we are born.
 flapjack flipper
Msg: 20
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:04:52 AM
Is it still salt and pepper when you have brown hair? Or does that only apply to black hair with grey in it? I have brown hair with grey. My beard didn't go grey, it went white. Brown hair, grey hair, red beard, white beard, amd I a Dr. Suess character?
 flapjack flipper
Msg: 21
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:05:00 AM
Is it still salt and pepper when you have brown hair? Or does that only apply to black hair with grey in it? I have brown hair with grey. My beard didn't go grey, it went white. Brown hair, grey hair, red beard, white beard, am I a Dr. Suess character?
 c_deacon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:45:08 AM
Having grey hair is just like any other color, or lack of color, it looks good on some and not on others.

If you see some with that grey look, you will notice one of two things.....they look great with it or they look older with it. Many times the grey comes with significant age that wrinkles are more then they should be, because of the sun, or smoking, or genetics, that can not be overcome. If you stay in shape, protect your skin, are healthy, there is no reason why grey would be anything but good looking on you, and very seductive to the opposite sex.

I do wish society would not be soooooo biased with grey when it comes to women though, we do put them in a situation where that look is not as acceptable for them as it is for men. Of course we do the same thing with body hair, but that is now changing more and more, and women, as well as society, seem to prefer men with much less body hair and/or well trimmed all over.

Just my opinion....
 Celticmist
Msg: 23
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:32:02 AM
LOL well my hairdresser keeps trying to chang emy mind but I keep telling him that the grey hair is staying and I have earned everyone of them
 damselinnodistress
Msg: 24
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 11:46:31 AM
Deacon... well said about society and women with grey hair. I have noticed it is usually the women responding that men are distinguished looking with a bit of grey, but rarely read the men voice that opinion. I love a salt and pepper goatee. :) I color my hair because I choose to. It's fun just experimenting. Thank you ms. clairol lol
 Shangrilah
Msg: 25
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:00:44 PM
I work in a duty free shop with mostly Asian women and I love that they color their hair.

A couple of them are prematurely grey and the grey or white hair wouldn't do them justice. The brown or black shiny hair is so pretty.
 Sparklepants
Msg: 26
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:01:10 PM
Personally, I don't mind grey hair at all. What really turns me off is when I can tell a man colors his hair to cover up the grey. They may as well hop into a polyester leisure suit.
 indy38
Msg: 31
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:17:02 AM
So much for the "no play for mr gray" commercials, more like "no play for mr just for men with his fake looking dye job in a box"...

Funny I was in the supermarket just before closing a few days ago. I had my cap on because my hair was over due for a trim and I don't like that look, I was rushing out to the store at the last moment. I keep what's left trimmed real short, I trim it once a week.

Anyway I think I look a lot younger with the cap on and also regrew a short trimmed goatee over the holidays as well.

This young stock girl who's in her late teens, early twenties at most approached me and asked if she could help me find something. Very unusual, seemed kind of flirty but I just kind of dismissed it thinking if she knew how old I am she wouldn't be interested.

So I'm walking away down the isle and glance back at her and she seemed to be checking me out too, at which time it dawns on me that my mustache and goatee are sprinkled with gray hairs for all to see, so women must know right off that im into my mid thirties or so...

make note to self - if a young women seems to be hitting on you don't even think about the age thing cause she already knows, just take the time to talk to her and figure out if she's really flirting with you or what!

I do pluck 10 or so gray ones out of my scalp once every two or three weeks, I don't obsess about getting them all but less is better on my scalp!

The mustache and goatee I've gotten used to it and like the gray sprinkled throughout the dark hairs but I totally forget about it if I'm not looking in a mirror...i don't feel old and graying.
 cazar
Msg: 32
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:59:10 AM
well after my goatee got to being a little grey...then getting the ole temple wings..had a couple of folks say..

you ought to get that colored...I said nahhhhhhhhh

grey tis sexy...shows age, wisdom, maturity and you can grow some grey, without it falling out

respect
 hidden treasure
Msg: 33
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:49:56 AM
love grey hair in men But I hate it on myself. It ages me 10 years. So I will probablly dye my hair til I'm dead
 HazelwoodBBW
Msg: 34
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:51:34 PM
Snipped from INDY420 This young stock girl who's in her late teens, early twenties at most approached me and asked if she could help me find something. Very unusual, seemed kind of flirty but I just kind of dismissed it thinking if she knew how old I am she wouldn't be interested.

So I'm walking away down the isle and glance back at her and she seemed to be checking me out too, at which time it dawns on me that my mustache and goatee are sprinkled with gray hairs for all to see, so women must know right off that im into my mid thirties or so...

Hehehe, maybe she thought you were so old that you needed help finding what you were looking for...Sorry couldn't help myself...

I like gray in a man...and I will even admire a woman with gray hair...I love it, but just not on me...Mine started coming in at the age of 27, I have 3 older kids so I blame them for it...lol But my oldest son when he was 19 started getting them...so he blamed me in return...

But, honestly one of these days I will grow it out just to see what it looks like, both of my parents had beautiful light silver, white gray hair...I am just not that ready to look in the mirror and see it yet...Maybe when my younger ones are older I will...then I can look and feel the same...lol
 azblueskies57
Msg: 35
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:04:59 AM
LOL, 48 now and a total of 4 grey hairs! I love my 4 grey hairs.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > A Touch of Grey