Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > new years resolutions...good idea or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MellyBabez
Msg: 2
new years resolutions...good idea or bad?Page 1 of 1    
Bleh.
I quit smoking at midnight on new years.
Ive been a b.itch ever since.
My house is spotless.
Ive chewed on anything you can think of.
Tried the patch b4. Made me puke.
The gum is gross.
Tried herbal patch. Still sick.
My mom who works in a health food store, gave me a bunch of "smokers withdrawl" crap.
Still not working.
Please help me.

lol

I think im going to change my resolution.

2findU
Msg: 3
view profile
History
new years resolutions...good idea or bad?
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:35:21 AM
My resolutionis 5.1 Megapixels. I never make New Years resolutions. I think they are a waste. Why should you wait for the New Year to decide to make some change in your life or to do a task?
 gingerosity
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:05:37 PM
Happy Arbitrary Orbital Position!

A long time ago I accidently resolved not to make any further resolutions. Now I'm stuck like this :(
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/31/2014 5:04:32 PM

A long time ago I accidently resolved not to make any further resolutions. Now I'm stuck like this :(

I hear that is going around.
 bluespikedshell
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:27:44 PM
I don't do the resolution thing. If I want to make a change then I'll do it whenever.
 kj521
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/1/2015 5:58:58 AM
Happy New Year 2015!!!

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions......but this year is different.

As a matter of fact, it has been many years since I even stayed up to welcome it in. But this year? As that shimmering sphere descended....an unexpected lightness of hope filled my heart. And I resolved in that instant....that this year..... I was going to simply just.....live. I will firmly plant both feet...... in both the extraordinary and the ordinarily moments to come. I will not just see the beauty like an observer.... but will allow myself to experience it with all my senses. Fear of failing, falling and hurt will have no place in these future momemts........

So today.....I will be singing and dancing to......"I lived" by One Republic......hope you join me!

And.....yeah....if anyone happens to see a video of me doing this while taking down the Xmas tree....let me know right away so I can take my little heathens' cell phones away....again! :)
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/1/2015 8:39:36 AM

And.....yeah....if anyone happens to see a video of me doing this while taking down the Xmas tree....let me know right away so I can take my little heathens' cell phones away....again! :)

Ha! I'm sooooo glad my son was past that age by the time every phone had a video cam with insta-upload to Facebook.

OTOH - my son turned 21 yrs old a couple days ago but I didn't get to see him that day; he was too busy with his girlfriend. Hell hath no fury like a mother scorned - I posted a photo retrospective of his life on FB.

Happy week after the Solstice y'all.
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:53:33 PM
I've heard that resolutions last about 6 weeks. That's around my birthday and Valentine's Day when people fall off the wagon.

I don't make them anymore. Changes that I want to make can come at any time I decide to do it.

Here's to a great 2015.
 calguy14
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2015 6:52:00 PM
I don't need to make any.I had a bald eagle fly straight towards me by the Bow River and fly directly overhead at about 40 feet Jan1st .Good luck for the coming year.
 Dee4166
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:07:32 PM
@calguy...
The Eagle is a symbol of courage and connection with the Great Spirit....A powerful symbol...Lucky you!
I also don't believe in New Year's resolutions...I change things when the time is right and have worked on forming and working towards my goals...in order to attain them.

Happy 2015 all!!!!
 50ThousandAnd1
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/3/2016 3:34:32 PM
Well, makes for a good topic...I say if something needs fixin' why wait till Jan 1st to fix it? as soon as you identify your issue work on it!
 cotter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 5:04:51 PM
I generally don't make New Year's resolutions ... if you're going to change something or endeavor to do something new, why not start tomorrow?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/3/2016 6:48:39 PM
Big believer that humans like ceremonies, and marking things to celebrate. I usually use my birthday to do a summing up for the year, and that may add a little extra energy to decisions I might make about change. But my two big ceremonial days for this time of year are Solstice and 12th Night.
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 7:47:53 PM
I don't make them, I've grown to like my issues, after all these years.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/3/2016 9:16:30 PM
^ Haha! :)

For those that enjoy psychobabble: I rememember this theory (Karen Horney) that the closer our ideal self is to our real self, the more... well, better off we are, in a nutshell (psychologically speaking).

Dayna, you rock. And the dimples don't hurt, either ;)
 deetristate
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:09:38 AM
it is always good to have a start date.

Some of these comments remind me of a friend that I had in college. She always had some remark about how various people could improve.
When you told her how she could improve, she would say,

""That is just the way that I am." LOL!
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/6/2016 2:38:25 PM
My new year's resolution is to stop having resolutions that are not in place by the time July 4 comes around.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > new years resolutions...good idea or bad?