Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
No, it would never work ... it has something to do with the exchange rate
 sammysalt1
Msg: 3
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:57:05 PM
In the forums sometimes its hard to tell who is who with out looking. So I think we must be alot alike in a lot of ways. Its funny to hear the t.v. talk about everything when everyone gets along so well in here. I don't know about the boarders, are goverment would affect things, but it seams like if two people really wanted to meet, and try at it. It might work. But one would have to move.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:56:35 PM
"No, it would never work ... it has something to do with the exchange rate." YAMI

This joke is no lie, it really happened.

A businessman from Albuquerque New Mexico, a caucasian one at that, travelled to New Hampshire. At the Hotel he wanted to pay with a travellers check. The clerk (who shall remain sexless here ) was vocaly and visibly distraught becuase he/she didn't know what the exchange rate was.

Mama, leafs, just go have a cigarette already would ya. We'll still love yah. And so should any good charactered Canadian. Oh, wait, if you've quit my apologies, I owe you a drink at POF Smackdown 2006.

OT: "The Grass Is Always Greener." Redundant on my part, but succinct. And yes, as long as someone gives up residence (not citizenship) two people can be happy together as long as one is prepared to leave a good portion of their life behind. Canada is beautiful in so many ways. I think it's time for me to head there before the snow really starts melting in the spring. As one of the most geographically challenged here I adamantly suggest you not let geography be an ultimate obstacle to fulfillment.
 tictactoe
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:15:02 PM
redmamma

yes it can. Love has no geographic boundries. If any exist, it's only between the two people. If I fell in love with an American lady, I'd be on the first plane out .
 Double Cabin
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:28:20 PM
Eh, you hoser hounders up there, ehh,^^^it's looking like you better get ready and use more than that baday today eh. Oh Canada!

Edit: I can't believe this thread hasn't be consumed by a colossal front of northern testosterone.

OT: I've been to Canada, in fact I can say I've been on top of Canada. How many Canadians can say that? Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna have to move to Jasper to get any stateside action. I'm not a Canadian but I'm thinking of playing one on the internet.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:36:49 PM
I suppose it could...but I hope to keep the Canadian men to ourselves here...they ARE hot and nothing like them! But if a few escape, what can we do? lol
 snowbird1111
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:53:41 PM
Been there, done that , got the t-shirt
it can work.....
 barbershopbrat
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:19:04 PM
I just had a very good friend get engaged and move from Vancouver to Seattle. They had been dating for 3 years. It's 3 hours from here to Seattle so that's not THAT far, but the border makes it seem longer and more difficult. However they were very committed to making it work, and when it came to making the big decision to live together in Seattle, they actually went to counselling just to work out ANY issues they had. She is giving up a whole lot (and believe me she is one of the most driven, dynamic women I know, so she gave up more than just a job and her apartment, she gave in to love)

It took work, but they didn't want to give up on it. They are so damn perfect for each other and after years of being alone on both thier parts, it is exactly what they both deserve.

So there may be hope for me. I am entering in to the possibility of a LTR with a guy from Oak Harbour (Seattle area) He's coming up in late January. This will be our first meeting in person after 3 months of corresponding!!! I'm only now getting excited AND really freakin nervous too!! (and I don't get nervous on dates for crap sakes)

Wish me well, and to all of you....go for it if you are willing to put some effort in to it.
You have to take risks in life!!! If you rest you rust!!

Sabby (god I ramble on don't I)
 tictactoe
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:47:35 AM
party_essential

As long as you don't talk politics and foreign affairs

That can be a dangerous road to take. Had a bud who asked me what would you do if the conversation and topic turned to bush. Duh! I'd get around that by telling her I like it shaved too!
 Yardape_99
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:03:34 AM
You don't have a hope in hell. Nope. Sorry.
 snowbird1111
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:39:48 AM
you want fries with that... Head East LOL not sure about Rochester but Victor and Canadaigua both have Tim Hortons as does Buffalo

sabreza we wish you well go for it girl,

Oxy Moron don't place that statement on all Canadian women just because of one, Canada is the most peace loving country in the world and it is hard to find a larger amount of friendly people
 snowbird1111
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:17:15 AM
Also now that we are on the Tim Horton's thing

A Canadian moving to the U.S. will have extreme withdrawals if they move to an area that does not have Tim Hortons yet

Not sure about the east or west coasts but stick to rochester, Buffalo, Victor Canandaigua NY, then you are empty until Columbus Ohio (56 of them there) Dayton also has a few, then Kentucky has one, any further south and you are screwed...fill up in Kentucky LOL

But nooooo I am not addicted

and to JRGUITAR... Canadian women do not NEED to marry an American to get a green card, the US is screaming for Canadian educated people to go south to work, anything in the medical areas etc, the education system in Canada is very valued in the US and was never "dummied up" so people could pass grades, if you fail you fail, I think you may have meant Russian women LOL now they are obvious
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:52:48 AM
Oh come on now! Canadians are fun-loving and all! We have no issues with any other country or anything...very laid back and easy going. I think anyone would be proud to be Canadian! (Insert Molsen rant here-lol).

Any relationship could work, if worked on....
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:16:08 AM
I only have South Park episodes running through my head like mad now....THANX! (I like it)...
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:24:13 AM
Sing, scream...whatever ya gotta do...lol

Blaming Canada might end up being a good thing....lol
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:36:52 AM
Don't need a whip to get screaming...us Canadians aren't violent....Shhesh!

(We just get blamed for everything-lol)
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 11:36:08 AM
Good point LADY!!!

Some of the Americans might be trying to sneak into here though!

What about other relationships too? I have friend that married a man from England...they live here now....met on ICQ and have been happily married for many years now. Another friend of mine is married to my pal from Ireland and living here too. Everyone wants to live in Canada...
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 11:54:45 AM
We're getting better...think they're getting guns at the border here now...lol FINALLY!

I guess the matter of criminal records might be a problem for crossing these days...MIGHT be a terrorist if you hit someone or something before!!!!
 snowbird1111
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:23:02 PM
^^^ Timmy's and free health care
 tictactoe
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:10:56 PM
leafslady

we like our Canadian men...so,don't go trying to steal them all

Well, what are you waiting for Leafslady? Steal me before I'm stolen and taken down south!
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:26:09 PM
Come to Canada! Don't think you'll be disappointed! Just leave the men behind! They are priceless here!!!
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:35:45 PM
@ snowbird1111 - We sure don't have free health care in Alberta. I pay Alberta Health Care every month and, in fact, King Ralph is trying to get two tier health care in the back door.

Can't argue with you about Timmie's. Every province and territory has one of them

Tink, Calgary
 mogrl
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:39:24 PM
not it wouldn`t work for more then one reason.One is immigration and the other is that MOST canadian men don`t want to leave canada.....or was it their moms house ???
 tictactoe
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:47:37 PM
tinkerbellcgy

You're right , we do pay for our health care, but it's peanuts compared to the services we have access to. Instead of paying for the health care through our taxes, we pay directly . so what's the difference? Other provinces would rather hide the cost.

I just about bought the farm in August when I had a concusion. The cost of my emergency visit would have been very costly in the states. Here , it costs me no more than a few hundred a year for the insurance.

We have it very good in this province.

As for King Ralph and the two tier health, its not so back door as you think. How many Canadians have gone state side to get care? Paid out of their own pocket? If not state side, then to other countries. Two tier has been around for years. Besides, anytime I've ever had to take others to emergency or I've had to use the service, it's been fast, very good support and I have no complaint.

The bottom line to the whole thing is if my family needs medical support they cant get in my province or country, I will find it elsewhere. You can tell me it's unfair, and I should use the system here, but my going elsewhere has made room for someone else who also needs the medical attention.

My freinds husband had cancer and she was ready to sell the house to get him help. Care which wasnt available here. As good as our system is, we dont have all the answers.
 tictactoe
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:13:02 AM
jrguitar23

Some people dont have a sense of Ha ha. :-)

Now! As far as your women not staying past the first winter? We'll keep them warm. Very warm!

Jr, half of America endures the cold during winter. It's no different here than it is in many of the States.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???