Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The Car you prefer driving: What is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 5
The Car you prefer driving: What is it? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Um Hello! The Bugati Veyron! a 16 cyl engine, 4 turbos, and a 0-250 MPH!! time of less then a minute!!

Or the new Ferrari FFX It makes the Enzo look like a kid, they won't even build It Into production because It Is too fast.

It does 0-60mph In 2.5sec.

The new corvette has come leaps and bounds In the last 5 years, In my opinion It Is now nearly a flawless sports car.

The new 2006 Honda civic SI Is going to dominate It's price range and would be very fun to drive. It Is the 2006 car of the year.

BUT my favorite car to drive Is my car.. My 2004 Honda civic. It has a gearox as smooth as a new 911.
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 7
The Car you prefer driving: What is it?
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:26:38 PM
Yes but It Is souped up.. Thus It Is superior.
 beer030
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:40:44 AM
I'm also from the old car school for driving! I prefer the '68 thunderbird for handling,and or give me a '78 Pontiac Grand Prix,a two tone blue one! But,for power belive it or not I have too go with a 1980 Caddy with the Northstar system engine! Very quick off of the line!But,my personal favorite car of all time would be a 1967 Pontiac GTO convertable! With a 427 hurst 4 speed transmission!!!!! I wish I had about 40grand money not doing nothing!
 Frrosty
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:09:59 PM
I'm on my third corvette. Once you own one they become addictive. :o)

Just marry me..."I do" If you can't marry me...please marry racer...I give my blessings. (*sigh*) My heroes.

I enjoy the raw ride of the 70. This car had SO much power...but was also a car that NEVER made you worry about losing control. I also, very much, loved the smoother ride of the 90s vettes too. It seems that the 90s is where Corvette moved from "pure sport" to a more luxury styled sports car. (I test drove these cars, client test drives, for a very large company my first year in University..I was completely hooked from there.)

I have never driven the C series at all. I HATED driving a 72; THAT thing is a CRAZYFISH!! WAY too long to hold that much power. I bet the baby shark feels beautiful. I've never driven this one either....78? (the baby shark is a very very sweet car though)

A car that I have never owned....or had for any seasons...that I LOVED driving...is the 95+ Eagle Talon TSI Turbo AWD. This lil raptor had some AWESOME torque..and was VERY responsive..with a VERY small range on the gearshift. You could shift that thing with your pinky finger. The cockpit was also very posh, cozy..n close.. :)

But..overall......

Forever Vette

I think I'll buy a talon next. (No worries; I will get one with a newer tranny and turbo system)

cpupro_4hire
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:29 AM
I've never driven anything even remotely interesting in my life...

The car I want is out of my reach at the moment, although I don't consider it unreasonable or excessive to have one.

My future car will be a Boxster. (I'd get a used one because the new ones are WAY too expensive.) Actually, anything new is way too expensive.

To me, that's the perfect car. Seats 2 people -- which is about double the seating space than I need. Has enough luggage space to fit the stuff I carry (which isn't much). Has enough performance to make driving enjoyable rather than boring. It's a convertable, plus it has an optional hard top. (Best of both worlds.) It's small, agile, and I think it looks great.
(Looks are personal taste though.)

exodusi1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 11:01:26 AM
I love my Camaro, 2002 black with T-Tops. Sweet ride. . . I want to give her to my son next year and buy the 2009 Camaro for myself.
 Mr. Raitano
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/2/2007 2:57:29 PM
Lamborghini Murcielago. Love the style of the car. Saw one up close before and fell in love with it.
 AvidArteest
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/2/2007 4:40:54 PM
I changed my mind. I now want a Bentley Continental GT. It might have to wait for a year though...
 Thatguy67
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 5:38:50 PM
I like my little Mazda3, 4 door sedan. Gets me around town. Good 'nuff.....
 IslandDreams56
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2007 2:39:53 AM
No cars....Keep on truckin'!

My beast is a 56 Ford F100 and I love it. It's rough, tough, and rumbles.
Looks pretty sweet too. Only drive it about 8 months of the year
but I enjoy every minute. 289 4-barrel...done up. I have the occasional
qualm about driving such a gas hungry animal but I manage to get over it.....
It's all about smiles to the gallon, right?
 TTC 2008
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/30/2007 7:24:25 AM
Corvette Z06 or Corvette C6 coupe in black
 oggers
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:33:52 PM
Daily driver - SEAT Leon FR

Rally - co-drive a 1965 Mini Cooper S

Ideal -if - I -won- the -lottery 69 Camaro SS
 oggers
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 11:27:29 AM
oooh , 70 Javelin ... thats a great car :)
 oggers
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 2:49:25 PM
The shame of it is that in this day and age , unless you do track days , there is no way that you can enjoy the experience of whatever you dream ride is .

Where can you exploit the handling and power of an STI or Evo X ...?? Where can you open up a 500 hp Pro Street Boss Mustang ..?

Certainly not in the UK thats for sure

You guys in the states have it so lucky at the moment ... here in the Sunny UK we have serious proposals to have satellite tracking installed in EVERY vehicle - just for insurance purposes of course , so they can tell how many miles a year we drive ... a side benefit of this is that "they " can tell how fast we are going , and where we are also ... stray over the limit and your fine s in the post to you ... where were you on the night of the 25th ... You heard of Big Brother ? we live it ...
 voxy
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:28:44 PM
Driving the 40 Chevy truck I have been building for many years now there's no better feeling than driving something you built from the ground up no car you can buy can give you that feeling it's just not the same
 roadblock
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 12:33:14 AM
I drive a Chevy Impala and I am proud of what I drive.... I would not change for another car
 bigshrek
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/19/2008 1:53:32 PM
1979 Ford Ranchero GT, 351M, auto.

Altho I'm thinking about replacing the 351 with a new Triton V-8...save on some gas. Thing only gets 12 MPG right now...less when I'm burning the tires up

The other option is to rebuild the 351-m into a 504 and tossing a EFI system on it to get around 22MPG city & 28 hwy...lean as heck running that way tho...
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:45:04 PM
I love my Prius - 133,000 miles so far, 53 mpg lifetime. Still on original brakes and spark plugs. If I won the lottery I'd get a Tesla!

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:46:15 PM

Really? That's amazing....I thought about buying a Prius when I had my Cherokee at one time due to rising cost of gas. I average about 16,000 miles year and if I went with a Prius I would have saved at least $1200 year. I should have went that route....Oh well!

It's never too late, and now you can buy them used if you can find one. I also have a '98 Tacoma for when I need a truck, but that's a small fraction of my driving. The Prius has been the lowest maintenance vehicle I've ever owned, and since the seats fold flat I can fit two whitewater kayaks inside plus me and a paddling partner, or a bundle of ten-foot two-by-fours, or make a bed and sleep in it on road trips. Oh, and if I ask it to, it'll go over 100 mph, (um, so I'm told) but it won't get 53 mpg doing that. I get about 60 mpg in summer months, 50 mpg in winter, driving sedately most of the time.

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:47:15 PM

Did you buy it brand new or used? Also, did you get that $3000 or $2000 tax break at the end of the year for owning a Prius? And one more question, can you get a tax break if you buy a used Prius?

Mine is a 2004, the first of the current design. I bought it new ten days after they hit the showrooms. I got about $4000 back in tax credits, between state a federal programs, but neither program is in existence today. That meant I ended up paying around $19,000 for my prius.

Congress structured the federal program to phase out after a certain number of cars were sold in order to give the domestic manufacturers an edge. I expect new incentives will be introduced once we get a new Congress, but hard telling how those will pan out. Some regions also allow hybrids to use HOV lanes even with single occupants.

I believe there are still credits available for the ford escape hybrids, but they don't get anywhere near as good gas mileage as a Prius. They do have more interior room, though, and have received good reviews for those looking for a hyrid SUV.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any more questions,

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:17:57 AM
Stuff giving money to Toyota and japen.
Buy a Chevorlet Volt instead.
Your country needs you.

Toyota employs more West Virginians than all the other car makers combined. Most if not all of the 'American' car makers get parts from other countries. Besides my Prius I also own a Tacoma, which Toyota is about to buy back from me because it has some frame rust. I'll use the money to replace it with another Tacoma, bought used, so once again the money will stay here.

In fact, let's do the math:

I paid $8000 for my Tacoma to a local private seller six years ago. All that money stayed here in the U.S. Toyota corporate is about to pay me $11,000 to buy it back. I'll spend all or most of that once again buying a locally owned Tacoma of a newer year. So that's $19,000 that never leaves the U.S. once I spent it, and more than half of that came from Toyota corporate in Japan.

I paid $23000 for my Prius, then got $4000 back from state and federal tax credits, which I put straight into the principle on the car loan from a locally owned bank. The local car dealer and the car salesman got their cut out of the selling price. The local bank got the interest from the loan.

Making a couple of assumptions, let's assume the dealer and salesman pocketed $2000, and that I paid $1000 in interest. Between those two vehicles, I've contributed $11,000 directly to the local economy, and Toyota is giving me another $11,000 that I'll do the same with. Toyota corporate has received at most $10,000 from me once you deduct the Tacoma buy back, probably less, a portion of which they spent right here in the U.S. building parts and vehicles.

So because Toyota is the kind of company to do a voluntary buy-back of a ten year old truck with a small rust hole in the frame at $3000 more than I paid for the truck six years ago, I'm able to support the local economy to the tune of $22,000 and enjoy two reliable vehicles, the one I drive most one that minimizes my contribution to foreign oil and local pollution.

It's also worth noting that the local Toyota Manufacturing Facility has expanded steadily since being built here and is one of the most sought after places of employment in the state. They also have a stellar environmental record, including a zero-landfill practice that has put nothing into a landfill, not even lunch room waste, for over five years now.

Once the Volt becomes available I'll take a good hard look at it. The concept is good, but will I be able to fold the seats flat to sleep in it or haul long cargo inside if need be, allowing me to put less than 1000 miles a year on my truck? I can with my Prius. The good news is that fuel efficient or alternatively powered vehicles will be showing up all over the place soon. Then we can all pick the best option to serve our needs.

For now, I'll patriotically stick by Toyota.

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 11:35:38 PM
^^^^^^
I'm honestly puzzled by the affinity many have for lift kits and huge tires. Is it strictly an appearance thing or is there actually some mechanical advantage? I use my truck for truck work - hauling firewood and various bulky things around. More than once in the past I've swapped out the large tires that came on my used truck for conventional sized ones to improve my handling and fuel economy, not to mention shrink the cost of replacing those tires. And a lift kit just means I'll be more unstable with a load and have to climb higher just to get in the truck.

The only time I can imagine getting better traction with large tires is on very soft terrain like sand. On snow or ice or the dirt in my woods smaller tires give me more pounds per square inch of pressure which translates to better traction.

What am I missing?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The Car you prefer driving: What is it?