Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?[closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nipoleon
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?[closed]Page 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
You don't love them, you don't even like them much, you don't even like the sex, and frankly you find them insufferable. But they are rich and can provide you with all the money and possesions you could want. They want to marry you, would you do it ? Be Honest !
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 2
Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:56:26 AM
do i have to live with them? can i keep my boyfriend?
 nipoleon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:41 AM
No ! No cheating ! They would have you followed 24/7. You cheat, your out !
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:08:02 PM
ok, if i can't keep my boyfriend and they had me followed i'd have to say no.

i would however accept any gifts they gave while trying to change my mind
 nipoleon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:13:52 PM
Oh, so it's " Never give a sucker an even break " ? As long as you can eat your cake too you will take it if it's offered ?
 huhoney
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:17:33 PM
have already turned down offers from very wealthy men, that weren't right for me, but still very good friends. if i don't feel the right chemistry, it ain't gonna happen!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:22:28 PM
i like cake

no, seriously, if i was repulsed by someone how on earth could i marry them? ick.
 nipoleon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:23:44 PM
I'm so proud of the beautiful women who have turned down lucrative offers from rich men and opted for happiness. Now I ask, do you have any female friends who have not had such moral fortitude and married just for money ?
 nipoleon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:47:50 PM
I slightly disagree. It's very easy to be pure and moralizing in a sanitized and objective forum such as this. I think, that a lot of people, expecially women, if REALY faced with the choice, in real life, would do it in a hartbeat and not look back. I suffer the same insecurities as every man on earth does. I think I'm about $ 100,000 a year short of being damn good looking ! I want honesty .
 nipoleon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:53:12 PM
You do make a very valid point about money marrying money. There are a lot of women waiting around for that rich guy to find them and marry them. They dont realize that the rich guys are either already taken or are up on the game. Contrary to popular myth, most of the real wealth in the world is inherited, the best and surest way to get rich is to be born with rich parents.
 nipoleon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:57:55 PM
Amazing, almost every woman is saying, NO WAY. And almost every man is saying YES WAY. Does this tell us something ? Yes, you can keep your toys, and they are devoted to you, but very jealous.
 nipoleon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:38:50 PM
I didn't mean to be offesive to you. I'm glad to hear you are giving an honest respose to your true opinion. The point I was making is that, standing back from an issue, and not being involved in it, people will give different opinions than what they would if really faced with the situation. Do you understand ? We can say what someone should do who lives on the other side of town and we don't even know. When faced with a situation ourselves personally, our opinion can be totaly different. This sort of thing can easly be seen in all sorts of issues. For instance, How do you feel about the death penalty ? Or, how do you feel about it when your brother is accused of murder. Objectivity is easy when your not involved. I would never think of doubting the total honesty of anyone on this site.
 nipoleon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:47:42 PM
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
The women are starting to say NO, but Maby with conditions.
 Pandy
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:48:40 PM
I have a unique point of view on this because I AM seeing someone who has lots of money.

Quite honestly, the money indimidates me and makes me quite uncomfortable.
I wish I could wave a magic wand and put us on a level playing field.

If this moves to another level, I don't want to live on someone else's dime...and I would feel like my income was holding him back as far as lifestyle was concerned.

I pay my own way. Period.
I don't want to support or BE supported by a man.

I'll never marry again, so the question is kinda moot from that angle...but I'd never BE with anyone in a relationship just because they were rich.
 nipoleon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:57:31 PM
Ofcouse I'm playing a little bit. But I think this is a valid question which everyone should think about. How much of yourself are you willing to sacrifice to get something you think you want?Don't we see people doing that every day ? How much do we sacrifice of our time and labor to aquire simple material goods and trinkets which wear out and never really make us happy. Would you make a big sacrifice of yourself for a big reward ?
 nipoleon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:24:38 PM
Ok, so here's my honest opion, and I think EVERY man reading this thinks it's true. RICH guys have no problem getting young, beautiful, trophy women to hang around with them. If OJ Simpson had of worked the assembly line at the GM plant, he wouldn't have gotten within 100 yards of Nicole Brown, and every man on earth knows that. I think there are lots of women, if not most, who wait around for some rich guy to come and marry them. I hear all the time, women moaning and complaining about why they don't meet their true love. And I hate to say this but after talking to these women I can only draw the conclusion that they don't meet their true love, because their true love isn't rich enough. If it's insulting to judge a woman on the size of her boobs, isn't it insulting for a woman to judge a man on the size of his bank account ? Love is Love, happiness is a choice not something which happens to you, and people are just people. Now I will step back and let everyone pick away at what I just said.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:29:13 PM
i knew you had an agenda

if it's bothering you, get a better job. i don't know what else to tell you
 Test_Pilot
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:10:04 PM
My experience has taught me most women care way more about money and status then they let on. I own a business, make good money and meet a lot of people in the run of a day. The vehicle I decide to drive that day has a direct reflection on the attention I receive from women. Pull up in the old van and I don't get a second glance. Show up in one of the "nice cars" and I have to beat them off with a stick. It's actually really funny and sad at the same time. Dating for me has become a bit of a game. I call it "Find the Golddigger".
 nipoleon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:44:38 PM
The fact is that I happen to know a woman who has done exactly what I have postulated. She has just married a man and can't come up with much of a reason except that he makes a lot of money and will provide her financial security for the rest of her life. She will never have to work again. She doesn't love him, the sex is only passable, in fact she's cheated on him numerous times. But he's obsessed with her and he's got a lot of money. Apparently she's the best lay he's ever had and he hates it when any other man looks at her. So she went ahead and married him. I say she's making a mistake and will end up miserable. What do you think ?
 nipoleon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:15 PM
Oh and just to answer the obvious questions before they get asked.

I'm not the only one.

Yes I am, a little.

You bet she is !
 sammysalt1
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:42:15 PM
Would I marry for money if I was single? No. Plain and simple. Hell I don't even know anyone close to me that did. I do know guys with money, they get ruined thinking thats all girls want, and they end up not respecting any of them. I feel sorry for guys like that. Its their own falt for their way of thinking. Not a wonder they attract the ones that just want money. They skare off the really good girls with pure hearts.
Atleast in alot of the cases. I think.
 ureadthis
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:14 PM
Not a chance in hell...
 ureadthis
Msg: 23
Gentle Breeze!
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:11:32 PM
Now that is what I like to hear. A woman who fears of hurting the man as well.

Men dont mind treating you at all. You are appreciative when you let them and you arent just out with them cause they will pay and it might be fun!
 sexylovee
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:17:37 PM
that is so stupid who would marry for money and not love.
idiots
 PuffyDee
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:57:33 PM
yes same thot with tempting77. i rather be poor and happily in love. cos i'm in love and everything with him is sooo sweet and i dont need extras.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?[closed]