Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > What makes you respond to an email?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 katie13
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What makes you respond to an email?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
FunnyI just responded to that other question also from that other guy. Rather I responded to Cali girls' response.
I for one will respond to all my e-mails even if its a short thanks for the note but not interested.
For me its what you do say in the email. Did you take the time to even read the profile? Do we really have anything in comman? I have had men tell me there whole life story on the first email......thats ok but leave something to talk about later. I have responded to one even without pictures just based on their profiles and their first note to me. It's ok to just say a couple words too, but once I reply say a little more next time.....I do not like a one way conversation even if its via e-mail or IM.
 katie13
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What makes you respond to an email?
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:19:22 AM
Oh yae by the way do you have an extra helmet so I could go aon a bike ride with you :)
But unfortunately I am not in your guidelines/i am 48/ i smoke once in awhile/ but I wanted to let you know if i did fit into you needs and you had emailed me I would not have hesitated in replying back to you. Good luck out there......Be good to yourself......bye k
 tinamann311
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:09:09 PM
When I receive an email from someone I read his profile. If it sounds like we may be compatible I'll send a response with a hello. But then they seem to drop off the world and I never hear from them again. (What's up with that?)

If I read a profile and know right off there isn't going to be compatibility, I will send a response...thanks, but no thanks. No one likes rejection but I like to think that at the same time common courtesy goes a long way.

Mostly, what I look for is someone who can creatively express themselves in their writing. I don't mind a few misspelled words however, if the whole thing is a jumbled mess, I move on. Someone who lays it out and states specifically what they're looking for in a relationship is a more interesting read than "likes to hold hands, take long walks on the beach..." (Let's be serious...how many of us that live in the inland areas or desert actually ever GET to the beach???)

Yeah, romanticism and the thoughts of it are nice, but give me the real YOU...not what you think I want to hear. Definite bonus points if you show some of your sense of humor in your profile, too.

By the way, snglbro…I can’t imagine any woman not responding to you. It is definitely their loss.
 katie13
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2006 12:59:14 PM
What would you do and say if i told you i'd be in town at the end of this month. By the way how would the weather be at the end of February.
 wantin_to_flirt
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:51:45 AM
I seem to be coming in on the tail end of this thread, but thought I'd put my two cents in anyway. :)

I know that a lot of messages go unanswered, if they have even been read, so I would prefer a guy that took the time to write up a really good "generic" message, that said something that his profile doesn't say about him, is a little on the witty side, and seems to be a message just for me. It's time consuming to go through profiles and then try to come up with something witty and fun for each person you are interested in just to have it deleted. So if you do the "form" message you can copy and paste it in each email to a person that you might be interested in, have it be really good and then if it's answered YAY for you and if it's not then no skin off your teeth.

I will also mention that it's worth putting some effort into your profiles if you are serious about finding what you really want. Why waste your time and someone else's by only saying "like sex, want sex, need sex" I'm pretty sure people can pretty much guess that without having to be told and that puts you in the same catagory as about 99% of all the other guys out there, make it fun, interesting and different and your chances of a response go up 10 fold.

Okay so I put in a whole nickles worth instead of just two cents but don't worry, you can keep the change.
 katie13
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:26:50 PM
about what "jigga w00t" said
That is not totally true..........Like i said before I have answered all my emails..it may take me a few hours but I have made quite a few friends thru these sights. I try to open the email ever couple of days and yes i do write back. i have even been lucky enough to meet someone which i am seeing now. So you never know who you might meet and you never will know unless you correspond to them. Good luck jiggaw00t
 LittlePisces
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:18:28 PM
a man who is polite, tells me about himself and what about me got his attention.. as opposed to a guy who just emails and says your hot. or wanna f***
 rus_1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:21:33 PM
Hmm... Well I e-mailed or messaged a few girls on here and most of them either read,read/deleted,unread/deleted. Sooo what does that tell me? Only one out of all the girls that I e-mailed, e-mailed back. Which was good. ^_^
 HerpesSactoCal
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:30:09 PM
Civility. And a sense of compassion for the human being who sent the message.
 mylady-redtailhawk
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/30/2006 9:58:28 AM
Friends come in all shapes and sizes, It is hard for some to express what they feel or think in writing. I have a very dear friend that this is so with. No one was responding to his profile because of the way he expressed himself. I helped him re-write it and he started getting responces. He is now living with someone he met on line. They started talking on the phone instead of mails and she seen what a wonderful man he truely is. He just could not write well !
 Somewhat Romantic
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:41:12 PM
This is to blown383.I usually get a response to my emails(sometimes I try 2-3 times).The phone #,however,eludes me.All right,so I'm not Mr.Personality.I know that,but what are they doing, they're hiding or something?It's a womans thing,to lie in wait and hide,until the ultimate opportunity(prey) presents itself.Whats a Prop?A proposition?A canned routine?If you got a canned routine just sing out(I got my mojo workin',just ain't workin', on you.)It takes effort to build these.I don't know,I do better on the street.F- these sites I'm about to turn it in,and this could have really worked for me,so what the hell is a Prop?Clueless
 dogar2007
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 9:50:12 PM
I don't mind too much not getting a response to an initial e-mail. That just tells me they are not interested, and feel no obligation to communicate with me. What really bugs the crap out of me is when somebody you HAVE been communicating with, somebody who **ASKS** you to e-mail them or telephone them, just suddenly stops!

If they have lost interest, found a better match, or whatever, they should have the decency to at least send a "Dear John" e-mail. Failure to show at least that much consideration is a sign of very bad character (this means you, Ojos1!).
 jdtallfem
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:49:44 PM
Well I figure if a guy doesn't respond to my email it's just his way of saying he's not interested and that's ok. I don't respond to rude or strange emails but otherwise I try to respond to most emails, at least say hi, anyway.
 4Suns3
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2006 7:17:10 PM
1. is he what I asked for in my profile?
A lot of guys only look at my looks & don't even bother to read my profile & what I'm looking for.

2. does he rock my boat - looks wise?

3. does he sound articulate & intelligent? sweet, sincere, honest, etc. Or is he just after 1 thing...
 Wreckless1
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/6/2007 5:03:29 AM
It's the only considerate thing to do.... don't cha know?
 Wreckless2
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/26/2007 6:30:43 PM
...just the kind of guy I am , being considerate, is done without thinking about it.

Does anyone ignore a hand wave, or a Hello in person!?????
 Wreckless2
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/29/2007 1:25:24 PM
Just about anything that gets the heart pumpin!!! (emotion is the trigger)
As in the case of how many women like to show their wiles... (exposed body area's, men's triggers go off when they see these subliminal gestures)... for many years this has been tradition from the shipyards of centuries ago, to the alley ways of cities, and online sites... due to the fact that most men choose not to read...
When the smart ones have learned, that many women are much more sexy when they can converse with you, on the same level or higher. .... (take the case of boys with fantasies of female teachers). Intelligence is a turn on for most, but a body can do just as much , with alternate results. Then again some may disagree, as there is always one who has a different point of view.

Wreckless2
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/3/2007 2:21:45 PM
I reply to all my emails... even if there isn't.... (see I am good when I want to be, I did not use Ain't.!!!) a spark to be had from there pics... But Cook, would have to back ya up on the short emails.... kinda drab, Original...NOT!, and lame too!. If you do not play, how are you gonna WIN!????

Edit: Cooky......here you go... HUG!!!! (feel better)?? ..you have people who care!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > What makes you respond to an email?