Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Crzygrl_79
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I'm curious to get other peoples opinion on this subject !!!

Is it still cheating if someone you are in a relationship with, is constantly chatting to people of the opposite sex online regarding sex??

How about if they say to these people "my gf/bf are gone to bed and I'm really horny....wanna help me out?"
Is that "technically" cheating or not??

Please....opinions do count !!!

thank you to all those to co-operate !!

cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 2
Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????
Posted: 1/12/2006 12:59:41 PM
it's certainly gross

i think it's cheating
 philrook
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:05:34 PM
it depends on your definition of cheating. To me its cheating because he is involving someone else in his intamiate life.
 Crzygrl_79
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:09:10 PM
CRAMX2 - that's a good outlook on it !!! thanks.
 Thudpucker
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:38 PM
It is very very low class.

It shows a lack of sensitivity.

. . . but it is not cheating. . . but I'd go out of my way to avoid that type of person if I were you. They are usually inbreds who fvck thier siblings for delight, and the family tree does not fork.

Their family motto: "Incest is best."
 Bandito
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:00:29 PM
Of course its cheating!!...sheesh

Courts in Canada now include on-line love/sex relationships as adultery.

If you hide or deceive...you are cheating...simple as that!

Noun: cheat cheet

1. Weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
- darnel, tare, bearded darnel, Lolium temulentum

2. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
- chess, Bromus secalinus

3. Someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
- deceiver, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker

4. The act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme
- swindle, rig

5. A deception for profit to yourself
- cheating

Verb: cheat cheet

1. Deprive somebody of something by deceit
"we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"
- rip off, chisel

2. Defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
- chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey

3. Engage in deceitful behaviour; practice trickery or fraud
- chisel

4. Be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
"She cheats on her husband"
- cheat on, cuckold, betray, wander

Bana-dito
 bucsgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:02:13 PM
Maybe you should ask the next guy you date or the guy you're dating now. In my opinion, yes it blatantly is, anything that is or could possibly detract from your present relationship is cheating. If you don't place a high enough value on something, why even bother?
Or think about this if you found out your boyfriend was doing it, would that be okay with you?
 Bandito
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:33:10 PM
New flash....if you are in a relationship and you are here for example, without telling your partner or possibly denying it...your cheating

There are many forms of cheating....don't kid yourself mmmnicky
 onthemoors
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:16:46 PM
It's emotional infidelity, which in my opinion, is a betrayal of the relationship and ones' partner.

emotional infidelity is any relationship outside of the primary relationship that contains three elements; secrecy, sexual desire, emotional intimacy.

This:
"my gf/bf are gone to bed and I'm really horny....wanna help me out?"

may or may not be emotional infidelity but it's certainly immature ( to me)
 pookibare
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:48:22 AM
I would call it cheating when you are asking someone to " help them out" tacky and a taboo to me .
I 've been married 15 years , I came online ,to meet people ,inrich my life ,and mostly read P.o.F. Frms.
My wife knows and I often share the interesting ones W/ her .They can make great conversation,and some times inlightenment.
So am I a cheater because I'm hear ??
I'm not here to hook up!
I just like to meet people in this format, believe it or not It's fairly new to me .
I'll take feed back , if people think I'm walking a thin line here?
 Neonmitch
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/12/2006 10:29:06 AM
Being a smartass and wanting to play devil's advocate, I've been trying to think up a way to rationalize and justify it. But I can't...it does seem like cheating if it involves a betrayal of trust and intimacy.
 Be gone
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:17:45 PM
yes, and it is also rude.
 ShanKat
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:20:19 PM
What makes cheating cheating, (in any form) is intent. Just they way me and my hun see it. It's not the sex that makes it cheating, its the lies. If you feel its wrong and shouldnt do it, then its cheating regardless of what the action is. But once again that's just the way my relationship is, some other peoples opinions differ.
 Test_Pilot
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:43:40 PM
Online is quite a broad definition. I go online all the time. Games, forum chat, msn, whatever. During the cold months I have to have something to do. However, I won't talk to women in one on one conversations, or be flirty or any of that stuff that I would do if single and looking. Is it cheating if you do? Technically no, but you are well on the way to opening the door to cheating. So if you are serious about your relationship, avoid the above mentioned interaction.
 A_REAL_Sweetheart
Msg: 15
Is It Cheating If Its Only Online?
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:18:54 AM
There are great posts on this thread. Cheating is cheating ... Period. It doesn't matter if it's online or offline.
 heart.broken
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/22/2006 5:18:41 AM
cheating to me is anything that has to be done secretly. wether its \holding hands, or flirting with a coworwker. if he does not feel it being wrong, then he would not have to feel guilty and hide it. so depending on the couple and expectations, cheating has different bounderies. just make sure you tell him yours so he knows what is considered cheating to you... he may have come from a relationship that was more open, and doesn't think anything wronfg with it... but if he u\is sneaking around and lying, then he knows he is doing something wrong...which means chaeting
 marshw
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/22/2006 5:54:11 AM
Yes, it's definitely cheating.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:43:48 AM
It's weird. If it's sexual, yes it is cheating.
 justin1634
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 12:20:05 PM
Its cheating if his/her partner doesnt like it to go on.
 Reenie999
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:50:44 PM
Even though it's not "cheating" in the legal sense, it would certainly be too tacky for me to ever deal with.

I'd kick the bum out so fast his head would spin. Then he could play online games all he wanted. LOL.
 CornerBrook
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/22/2006 6:00:38 PM
Yes;of course it's cheating,most may think that
it's only the men on here that are the cheats.
I have gotten to know many woman on this
site who will tell you they are not happy, and
that they would not be online if they were,but
how can they be happy or anyone else for that
matter who tries to take the easy way out.
 Lady~Gurl
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/27/2006 11:04:14 AM
Cheating to me doesn't require physical~touching...to be concidered so..Cheating begins WHEN you entertain the thought of being with someone eles..other than your partner..SOO.. YES!!..Cyber~Sexing...is DEFINITELY..in that catergory..
 ace76
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 11:35:28 AM
Nothing is cheating, unless it's physical, period.

Otherwise, you get into psycho beliefs of any "friendship" between members of the opposite sex being "emotional affairs" and I refuse to live in the world bound by such ridiculous rules.
 underwarranty
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/27/2006 11:56:34 AM
Cheating begins as soon as you develop feelings for someone else while your currentily involved in a relationship. Its a betrayl of trust, leaving yourself open to new oppertunities. If your looking or testing the waters your cheating, hence cheating, bending the rules to get what you need.
 ace76
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 12:46:16 PM
Well, I consider all of that cybersex pretty lame, so i'll say that I didn't consider that as a possibility.

FINE, that's the one exception, since it's pretty much the same as mutual masturbation, really.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????