Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Do many of you ENJOY cooking?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt1
Msg: 2
Do many of you ENJOY cooking?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Its life, you have to cook in order to have good food. Lets face it, not everyone can cook very well. Do I enjoy it. I enjoy it when someone likes it, and the dishes come back clean, nothing left. When the kids , are someone else is in there talking to me, yea I enjoy it more then.
 smith2267
Msg: 6
Do many of you ENJOY cooking?
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:03:53 AM
It is how I relax. I cook for fun.
So yes, I enjoy it.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:16:59 AM
I cook to eat. Oh by the way, on the news I heard another story about food. It seems only a small amout of people make dinner from scratch, about 31%. So, if your recipe starts, "First you open a can of..." then you are in the majority.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:43 PM
i enjoy it, and baking too~
it's the cats underfoot anytime i enter the kitchen
i don't care for.
screamers~ as if i never feed em,
all the while with food in their lil cat bowls.
stinkers.

i don't cook a quarter as much as i used to;
but i still use whole foods as much as possible.
haven't mastered canning though.
YET.
 mycorosso
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:52:10 PM
Uh huh, I do! So fun and rewarding!
 mycorosso
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:01:01 PM
May sound corny or cliche but enjoying cooking naked is fun and exciting, solo or otherwise.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:33:18 PM
i enjoy cooking but i don't enjoy frying bacon whilest nakie.
 walkedaway
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/21/2006 11:27:30 PM
To be honest I find that I love to cook, but not professionally annymore, for a person(s) that I really care about.

To take a few ingredients and whip up a quick meal is an art form that I am very passionate about. To create a meal like: Crusted chicken breasts with raspberry and white wine reduction, grilled nugget potatos and some steamed brocolli with 4 cheese sauce - takes under 1 hour but the pleasure for me as well as my guest can't be measured.

So, to answer your question, do I love cooking - almost as much as sex I do

Later

Me
 mycorosso
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:58:49 AM
Hot bacon and the lack of clothing except for an apron....now there's an extreme sport or fear factor!
 Eclectic Elf
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:39:51 PM
Love it~! Its my relaxation .. I enjoy tinkering in the kitchen (some people tinker on cars.. i prefer the kitchen) ... it allows me to experiment, try to duplicate things ive had and like, in some aspects its as much of a creative hobby outlet kind of thing, as it is a way to fuel the body ..

Its also nice to be able to prepare something tasty for those (very) rare occasions I am fortunate enough to have a dinner guest.. Tiz always a bonus when you the dinner partner enjoys the dinner and one gets an appreciative smile.

yeppers.. cooking is fun -- a "chemistry lab kit" for non chemists.. **chuckling**

ps .. but i suck at doing dishes though.. **laughing**
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:48 PM
I absolutely LOVE to cook.... I grew up with home cooked meals and there is something that cannot be replaced by food cooked by a person who enjoys not only cooking but pleasing the people they care about. I love cooking for my friends and family. I'm not big on backing but I'm not a sweet eater and that is probably why. It amazes me how some people just do not like to cook and don't.

I had a friend once and we were all talking, and she mentioned that when I got upset she loved to come to my house, the other friend was like "WHY would you want to be around her when she's upset about things" and my friends says "OH MY GOD, when she's upset.. she cooks.. and I want to be on the receiving end of that".. LOL
 Chantaz
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:23:12 AM
Love cooking and especially experimenting. Like to bake as well. I love to eat.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:46:05 PM

nude

she said what?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:15:36 PM
OH.. that bacon grease will pop up and burn your Tit***!!! Ouch...
 Sin*ful
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:27:35 PM
I love cooking..I come from a family of chefs which are all men and I was the only woman who had to learn to cook as I married a non chef.....but I had great teachers ..the only problem I hate which is like most is what to cook...so when i fall aslleep at nite I fall asleep with the cooking channel on and sometimes during the nite I hear Christine Cushing say "dip this etc" and I wake up...lol after all we do have something in common we are both greek and she had to learn to cook to lol
 roxanne1652
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:02:04 AM
Most people, when they are under stress, either gain or lose weight. My weight is always the same; my mental health is reflected in my freezer--when it is full, I know I need to fix something in my life. I play with food in proportion to the stress in my life. I rarely eat because I am hungry; I need to tempt myself.
I live alone and when I cook, I feed the neighbors; I've rationalized it to them that you can't make a bowl of soup; you have to make a pot of soup. Can't make A cookie; you have to bake a BATCH of cookies. (They love me.)
Also, way, way back in my first go-round as a single, I learned to treat myself as a guest. One evening, I was grilling a rack of lamb (encrusted with garlic and rosemary) and one of my neighbors walked by and asked me if I cook that way when it is only me. My answer, "Well, if I don't do it, who will?"
It is a good thing for me when, after a long or bad day, I take my time to sip a glass of wine and enjoy something that someone (being ME!!) took the time to make for me. As if I were a guest.
Now, what to do with all of the soup and cookies in the freezer . . . .
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/27/2006 9:35:09 PM
I so agree.. you cannot cook a BOWL of soup... I always cook more than I need but I usually have some of my male friends around to help eat. I've learned to freeze...freeze... so that way when people come over, they can eat whatever they want. I have a couple of my male friends staying with me right now and I explained to them, on days I do not cook look in the freezer and just take out what you feel like eating and microwave it or else heat it up on the stove. They've become very good at doing that and this way nothing is ever wasted. One thing I hate to do is waste food. When I cook rice, I always make too much so I can freeze some up for casseroles or other rice dishes.
 mycorosso
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/6/2006 10:57:05 AM
I can't speak for anyone else but I love it!
Posted: 9/14/2006 8:14:42 PM
I absolutely love it... first became interested when I was a teen - I'd come home from school, to watch The Urban Peasant on CBC. I always though he did some great, extremely simple dishes. I then fell in love with just about every single show you can imagine on Food Network, and have been playing around in the kitchen since.

It's such a terrific skill to have; I know a lot of people who can't for the life of them cook pasta let alone attempt anything slighly more complex. Great way to quickly make friends, I tell ya
 Molly Maude
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 5:35:57 PM
I love to cook ... but I greatly prefer to cook FOR someone ... I enjoy the praise! when I'm cooking for just me (most the time), I'm grateful ... but it's hard to slap myself on the back for a meal well done!
 jojoaus
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:12:01 PM
I really do enjoy it- but at the moment, with 2 kids (1 mine, 1 not) about to sit for their HSC (final exams for school... EVER) its getting tricky. Mine is veggo and picky, the other is carniverous and picky I have a bank of about 10 recipes they want on schoolnights and I'm going with it as they are both pretty stressed at the moment.
When my SO and I get together... we have great fun cooking! We both love fresh and often raw food, plus seafood (not raw!!), and deli treats... I love tweaking recipes but tend not to invent from scratch. At the weekend, even if its just kiddoes and me, I get a little more inventive- they humour me!!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Do many of you ENJOY cooking?